Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

All he has to do is claim his shoulder injury is still bothering him,  simple and effective, and there’s virtually nothing management can do about it, 

Wrong. The team would have him examined by an independent physician. Just saying “I’m hurt” doesn’t cut it.

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Jacoby Brissett.  He’s not as good as Mayfield can be, but they’d want to avoid any drama associated with Mayfield playing.  Not really a winning scenario there for the FO.  Plus they won’t want to give Mayfield practice reps with the first team.  This assumes a short to moderate suspension.

Brissett is not a real option for more than a couple games…

30 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No he is trying out for his next team. If he plays well he gets a starting opportunity. If he plays like he don't care he is looking at lesser opportunity and a lesser paycheck

Yeah that should be reason enough for Cleveland to trade him, but its looking like they will need him this season so they won't.

But other teams will take notice. He needs a new contract next year

Other teams coaches and owners fully understand what is going on in Cleveland, and will not have issue with what they know to be an above average QB talent taking care of himself, they will be pleased to sign him even while he “fully heals” from multiple previous injuries, “nudge nudge wink wink”, imo you’re being a wee bit naive, Mayfield is a multi millionaire at present, his next contract will add more multi millions to his coffers, it’s not like anyone is gonna offer him what you or I make annually.  This being said by someone who is not so much a fan of the guy, he is gonna get paid a lot of money with his next team, period. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I can think of $18.9M reasons Mayfield would play for the Browns this season. 

Again I’m willing to bet he doesn’t suit up for the Browns. If they can’t find a trade partner he’ll be released. lm telling you it’s the Jacoby show in Cleveland. Browns blew up that bridge with Baker

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Other teams coaches and owners fully understand what is going on in Cleveland, and will not have issue with what they know to be an above average QB talent taking care of himself, they will be pleased to sign him even while he “fully heals” from multiple previous injuries, “nudge nudge wink wink”, imo you’re being a wee bit naive, Mayfield is a multi millionaire at present, his next contract will add more multi millions to his coffers, it’s not like anyone is gonna offer him what you or I make annually.  This being said by someone who is not so much a fan of the guy, he is gonna get paid a lot of money with his next team, period. 

That’s just not how it works.  Mayfield cannot fake an injury and still get paid $20 million.  Also, I thought the fifth year option was not guaranteed in the case of injury….can anyone confirm that?

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That’s just not how it works.  Mayfield cannot fake an injury and still get paid $20 million.  Also, I thought the fifth year option was not guaranteed in the case of injury….can anyone confirm that?

Good chance Baker doesn’t see that 20 million from Cleveland. And Mayfield won’t play for them especially after the Browns organization said they want a grown up at QB. Depending on how things play out,  Haslm and company potentially just set the franchise back a number of years

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe Roger already said the exempt list isn’t an option in this case. I can’t recall why.

I believe it had to be tied to criminal charges. Once those were off the table, so is the exempt list. At least that’s what I recall reading in an interview with Rog. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Good chance Baker doesn’t see that 20 million from Cleveland. And Mayfield won’t play for them especially after the Browns organization said they want a grown up at QB. Depending on how things play out,  Haslm and company potentially just set the franchise back a number of years

Oh yeah? How is Baker “not going to see that $20 million from Cleveland?”  Is the team going to file for bankruptcy?  How is that going to happen, other than a trade, which is highly unlikely at this point?

Edited by mannc
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Baker is a professional athlete, former #1 overall pick. He wants a Large payday and a chance to start for a franchise that has a decent roster where he can make it to the playoffs. No teams are willing to trade for him right now, and not many have the salary cap to absorb him for 2022. I don't see many teams wiling to offer Baker a long term extension to bring down the cap hit for 2022 until he proves himself again. The only teams that can afford Baker's cap hit today is Cleveland Carolina and Miami without making some salary cap moves....

That is not happening and that is what Baker really wants... He is on a 5th year option and not many teams want to trade away draft picks for the possible 1 year QB.

If Cleveland wants to take the Cap Hit and allow a lesser QB to take the reins then Baker can sign a prove me contract with another team, but again NOBODY is going to offer Baker Mayfield a contract on par with the top QB's in this league this year.

Baker will make millions yes, but top QB's make $20 million plus a year... Baker is not making that until he proves himself outside Cleveland or proves himself this year in Cleveland. If he gets the nod in Cleveland, because Watson is suspended and Cleveland's hands are tied, he has a chance at a big payday next season when he is a FA. If he gets released or traded this year he still has to prove himself before any long term dal is offered.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Oh yeah? How is Baker “not going to see that $20 million from Cleveland?”  Is the team going to file for bankruptcy?  How is that going to happen, other than a trade, which is highly unlikely at this point?

Cause the Browns wont have him suit up and Baker won’t play for them in 22. If that happens then Baker won’t get the 20 million. And no other team in the league is going to trade for a 1 year rental at 20 million guaranteed. Chances are he’s going to get released

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Baker can show every other team he's mentally tough and go play and make the cool 19 mil.  Football guys don't like anyone especially qbs sitting.  

I can't see the Browns allowing Baker anywhere near the team as the media circus be in full gear and having lived through Flutie-Johnson here in Buffalo I wouldn't wish that kind of thing on any fanbase well I take that back maybe New England. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/03/20/baker-mayfield-no-intention-playing-cleveland-browns-2022 An old article but proves further why you won’t see him suit up in a Browns uniform. It’s Brissett’s team for now

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Cause the Browns wont have him suit up and Baker won’t play for them in 22. If that happens then Baker won’t get the 20 million. And no other team in the league is going to trade for a 1 year rental at 20 million guaranteed. Chances are he’s going to get released

So you’re saying Mayfield is going to simply refuse to play and will walk away from $20 million? Or are you saying the Browns will just refuse to pay him, even though his contract is fully guaranteed? 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/03/20/baker-mayfield-no-intention-playing-cleveland-browns-2022 An old article but proves further why you won’t see him suit up in a Browns uniform. It’s Brissett’s team for now

Dude…that article is from before the draft and talks about Mayfield sitting out training camp, not real games….you’re entering crusade/ 🤡 territory now…

• Dislike 2

I don’t want to judge people being emotional. I mean I got teary-eyed at the end of Ol Yeller. I’m sure football players get emotional when Cleveland drafts or trades for them.

Edited by Ralonzo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.