Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Depending on what more gets released they could probably re open a possible criminal trial. The Browns really shot themselves in the foot with this one

Is that something that can really happen after two grand juries were already convened? Or are you just spitballing? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Is that something that can really happen after two grand juries were already convened? Or are you just spitballing? 

Again that depends what more gets brought into light. Also I was reading that a case can be brought back with a new jury. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how much more ugly this gets. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Release the text messages! All of them!

Nothing keeping them from being released, and it’s the same lawyer for all 22 defendants, so…I wouldn't be surprised to see a gradual release of them over time…

57 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not sure how it works, if they're punishing him for it then they're punishing him for something that makes you question him being allowed in the league at all.

Wait... he was gambling?

Our was he just beating his children,  raping women, cheating, etc.

There is a very big difference between gambling and the others.  

*big ***** 🙄 to the nfl and their "shield"*

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I guess it’s not too late for Browns fans to

jump Ship. Buffalo is always looking for more fans. 

I have to STRONGLY disagree here.  For reference, I would like to point you to Dion Dawkins "A Letter to Bills Mafia" from January 2020.  Truer words have never been spoken.  For reference.....

"Dear Bills Mafia aka #BillsMafia aka The Mafia aka Bills Family aka Bills Familia aka Bills Nation aka LET’S GO BUFFALO aka Best Fans in the NFL aka BITW aka Best In The World,

Dion Dawkins here, aka Dion From the O-Line aka DDawks aka “The Shnowman” aka #73 aka Dion — and there’s a lot that I need to write y’all about.

First things first and it’s a pretty serious issue. 
It’s an epidemic sweeping across America.

It’s called “people wanting to jump on this Bills bandwagon.” No, for real — talk to your loved ones about it. Here are the symptoms: You see someone getting very bored with their current football team. They’re just not vibing with it like they used to. And then on the other hand they look and see what’s happening in Buffalo, with Bills Nation. They see a team on the rise, with an exciting core of young studs, two playoff berths in the last three seasons, and the best fans that ever lived.

And this is where it gets dangerous: Those people, they think to themselves, Man. I need to get on this Bills bandwagon for next season!! I need to become a Bills fan now. And they try to jump on.

I have an important message for those people:

DO NOT TRY THIS.

DO NOT — I REPEAT, DO NOT — ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE BILLS BANDWAGON AT THIS TIME. WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY.

THE BUFFALO BILLS BANDWAGON IS FULL.

Yes, you heard me correctly: The bandwagon is full.

We are no longer accepting new passengers. This is NOT a buy-low opportunity. Us real ones, we’ve BEEN here — been on this ride for years. And we’re GOOD. So to everyone else, everyone who’s trying to hop on in 2020??? Just know, We ain’t got nothing for you. Take it somewhere else. This wagon is full. There is. no. room.

Alright….. thank you."

Nuff Said!!!!!!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/dion-dawkins-buffalo-bills-mafia

Edited by Fred Marchibroda
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That could happen as well. But I think the NFL might not have a choice but to let this play out and have to play the wait and see game. Chances are if they go that route Watson ends up on the commissioners exempt list but still gets paid his 1 million in 22 by the Browns

But then his suspension would atleast be served into a year that costs him $, not the $500k he stands to lose now

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I know it’s the biggest…..but is it the first fully guaranteed multi year contract in NFL history?

Was that supposed to be funny?

Kirk Cousins signed a 3 year 84mil deal with the Vikings in 2018 that was 100% guaranteed (and it looks like all of his subsequent extensions/deals with Vikings are also fully guaranteed).  

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Trevor Bauer yet. MLB just suspended him for 2 full seasons for domestic violence allegations (after he sat out an entire year on administrative leave), even after the gov't announced no criminal charges would be brought against him. There is 1 woman pursuing a civil case against him (a second woman had started a similar civil case, but later dropped it).

I will say that the allegations against Bauer are more heinous in nature, even if they are less prolific than the allegations against Watson. 

If we can view the MLB decision on Bauer as precedence, I would expect Watson to be suspended for AT LEAST the entire season. The suspension will only increase if more statements like this one come out of the civil case (especially if it's closer to the regular season). 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again that depends what more gets brought into light. Also I was reading that a case can be brought back with a new jury. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how much more ugly this gets. 

It is technically possible but it needs more than circumstancial evidence. There would have to be some piece of clear physical evidence or third party witness testimony that wasn't available previously. Essentially - it's a high bar. 

4 hours ago, krf139 said:

Let’s stop kidding ourselves. 6 game suspension and he’ll be playing again. The NFL is all talk about “inspiring change”

Maybe 10 years ago before the me too movement, the recent Trevor Bauer two year suspension by the MLB, and a bunch of NFL owners ticked off at Cleveland they gave him a fully guaranteed  5 year fully guaranteed 230 million dollar contract.  I think it's anywhere from 10 games to a whole season.

Edited by Doc Brown

5 hours ago, krf139 said:

Let’s stop kidding ourselves. 6 game suspension and he’ll be playing again. The NFL is all talk about “inspiring change”

Before anyone else rolls their eyes, keg isn’t saying that’s what should happen, but will most likely happen.  I agree 6-8 game suspension and moving on, and that’s fantasy to think they keep Mayfield for 6 weeks.  

First he’s never agree to play, and 2nd all the Browns are trying to do is get a suitor to offset a portion of the $18.8 mil.  Hopes of a high draft pick are long gone.  If ATL, SEA, or CAR think their guys in camp aren’t looking good, they all have the cash to absorb maybe $5 mil., and give him a low rent price it deal and he’ll be back on the street next year.

8 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Yeah but there’s not enough grounds to indict him on criminal charges. She must’ve been menstrual

What kind of misogynistic idiocy is this? I hope you were joking.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Quarter of a billion dollars. Just saying that out loud makes me giggle. How truly awful the browns organization is, it’s astounding really.

Poor Dog Pound fans, it'll be awhile before this mess is straightened out!

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

Poor Dog Pound fans, it'll be awhile before this mess is straightened out!

The Browns don’t even have an out! It’s fully guaranteed contract for Watson. No clauses for suspension or anything like that. If an agent has those demands with those kinds of accusations against the player, management should probably advise against it

Haslam is a moron 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.