Strongest division foe?

Success

Curious how everyone ranks it after all of the draft & offseason stuff.

For me, all of the other teams did well.  I think NE's draft was a head scratcher, but they also filled some needs and the acquisition of Parker addressed their biggest hole.  The Jets had a stellar offseason & draft, and Miami improved what was already a borderline playoff team.

It's kind of obvious, but our biggest competition depends largely on which QB makes a leap:  Wilson, Tua or Jones.

Personally, I saw some "it" factor in Wilson. But I think he needs another year and the Jets need another good offseason to really contend.

I'd rank the division this coming year as follows:

Bills

Phins

Pats

Jets

• Like (+1) 2

New England is always a threat still. They are almost always going to play tough and keep it close if they don’t turn the ball over. They are a high IQ football team and generally scheme against us quite well. They also now have like 5-6 running backs to pound us with and the short pass game will be there for them. 

Miami has enough talent to compete but first year head coach I don’t think it threatening us. 

I think the Jets are a year or two or ten from actually competing 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I can’t believe all the love the dolphins are getting. Can’t wait until tyreek is bitching about tua in week 6. 

Final standings:

Bills 13-4

Pats 9-8

Jets 7-10

Phins 6-11

• Like (+1) 2

I don't care what improvements they've made or what they look like on paper. As long as Tua's their QB and JA17 is ours I can't put the Fins second. Even though we smoked the Pats last year they still made the playoffs. Dolphins? No!!!

First they need to be competitive against us, then try to earn a split in the season. Then maybe they can justify a distant 2nd place in the AFCE.

So to me its:

Bills

Pats

Fins

Jets

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I can’t believe all the love the dolphins are getting. Can’t wait until tyreek is bitching about tua in week 6. 

Final standings:

Bills 13-4

Pats 9-8

Jets 7-10

Phins 6-11

I will buy the Dolphins when & if McDaniel is proven to be a genius HC. Until then, I know BB is & I'm pretty sure Saleh isn't.

Bills

Pats

Dolphins

Jets

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

New England is always a threat still. They are almost always going to play tough and keep it close if they don’t turn the ball over. They are a high IQ football team and generally scheme against us quite well. They also now have like 5-6 running backs to pound us with and the short pass game will be there for them. 

Miami has enough talent to compete but first year head coach I don’t think it threatening us. 

I think the Jets are a year or two or ten from actually competing 

I am sorry but the Pats* forced no punts or turnovers in two games and only stopped us once in those two games combined. They are no more a threat than the Phins or Jets at this point. 

• Like (+1) 3

It all falls to the QBs, all three teams are pretty good overall, but the QB is going to dictate their fate.  I think the Pats have done the best job building around their QB to play to his strengths, the Phins and Jets have given their guys talent, but does it fit their skills? TBD I suppose.  As of right now, it’s Phins, Pats, Jets in terms of threats and Phins, Jets, Pats in terms of talent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I often wonder why threads like these aren’t created with polls. I get you want a pecking order…but a poll asking which team is our strongest division foe would show the overall consensus based on first, second and third poll placings, but in a much more quantitative form.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Maybe not for 2022, but more so for the next 5 years, I’ll go with

Bills

Jets

Fins

Pats.  

i like Wilson more than Tua and Mac.  I think he has the most upside by a wide margin.  They have a potentially great OL, WRs, Rb and TE unit if guys progress like many think they will.  I like Douglas more than the other GMs in the division.  

I almost put Miami 2nd but it came down to Wilson > Tua.  Love their weapons. Love their offensive system and I think McDaniel is going to be a solid coach.  Solid D. 

I think the pats blew their draft and didn’t address the team speed on D like I thought they would.  Adding 2 midget corners won’t cut it.  

Off topic, I think we might have the worst OL in the division.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Dolphins are all around the best team of the other 3, but the Pats probably match up better to us so I still consider them to be the more difficult opponent. The Jets are a complete wildcard. If Wilson takes a big step in his 2nd year and Carl Lawson comes back healthy it isn't outside the realm of possibility that they'll be #2 in the division. The Pats and Dolphins I pretty much know what to expect. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am sorry but the Pats* forced no punts or turnovers in two games and only stopped us once in those two games combined. They are no more a threat than the Phins or Jets at this point. 

Any team that can run the ball and play good defense has the ability to hang in games. The pats did just that last year. If we drop silly games like last season New England will be in the hunt to take the division just like last year. Maybe I took the original post wrong but I didn’t think it was for head to head matchups I was basing it off of who might contend for the East. Head to head if Buffalo doesn’t play down to their opponents this season I would still consider New England the biggest threat just based on scheme. Run the ball, short passes, control the clock, don’t turn it over, keep Josh on the sidelines. Easier said than done but they’re the best equipped to do it imo 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.