Bills interviewed Steelers Pro scouting coordinator for open asst. GM job

BillsFan4

Whaley might not be a bad candidate for the assistant GM job here although i don't see it happening Whaley could learn how to run a team with some balls like Beane does .

Whaley's worst thing which was not a terrible thing is he tried to please the HC to much and should have stepped up on the hiring of the HC he did relatively good in the draft except for the move he made for sammy i think some tutelage under some on eellike Beane could do him good .

But like i said i don't see that happening .

Edited by T master

On 5/19/2022 at 8:53 AM, T master said:

Whaley might not be a bad candidate for the assistant GM job here although i don't see it happening Whaley could learn how to run a team with some balls like Beane does .

Whaley's worst thing which was not a terrible thing is he tried to please the HC to much and should have stepped up on the hiring of the HC he did relatively good in the draft except for the move he made for sammy i think some tutelage under some on eellike Beane could do him good .

But like i said i don't see that happening .

During his entire tenure in Buffalo, Whaley never had say in any head coaching hire.  The Pegulas embarrassed him by inexplicably throwing him to the media wolves, then publicly humiliating him by keeping him on as a lame duck during the offseason and draft prior to his dismissal.  He would never be offered another job in Buffalo and if he were to get an offer he would be well within his rights to tell the Pegulas to go f*ck themselves.

• Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

During his entire tenure in Buffalo, Whaley never had say in any head coaching hire.  The Pegulas embarrassed him by inexplicably throwing him to the media wolves, then publicly humiliating him by keeping him on as a lame duck during the offseason and draft prior to his dismissal.  He would never be offered another job in Buffalo and if he were to get an offer he would be well within his rights to tell the Pegulas to go f*ck themselves.

Two different ownership regimes did not see fit to let him preside over any of three separate head coaching searches. I wonder why that is.

7 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Two different ownership regimes did not see fit to let him preside over any of three separate head coaching searches. I wonder why that is.

Because Ralph Wilson was inept and the Pegulas were arrogant, stupid and inexperienced enough to cherry pick Rex Ryan.  I'm not saying that Whaley was a great GM.  He was not.  But hiring the head coach is part of most GM's job description.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.