Bills interviewed Steelers Pro scouting coordinator for open asst. GM job

BillsFan4

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maybe just pumping Hunt for info on how Whaley's interviews went?...🤔😉😁

🤣  Though I'd have no why they'd care. 

I'm curious if Gaine is in the mix, as he has had stints as GM and assistant GM.

Edited by The Dean

12 minutes ago, The Dean said:

🤣  Though I'd have no why they'd care. 

I'm curious if Gaine is in the mix, as he has had stints as GM and assistant GM.

My guess is Gaine has a lot of those responsibilities and is paid closer to an AGM than not. 

This is an opportunity for us to attract some talent from outside to replenish our Front Office a little bit. Opportunities are going to come from word of mouth around the league, not necessarily AGM titles. Wouldn’t be able to get this Hunt guy on a lateral move.  

30 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I thought Pittsburgh was hiring Doug Whaley according to some here

"Thought" is not exactly right word.  "Imagined" might be more suitable.

Whaley has history with organization, is a minority and has been interviewed twice.

Whaley's positives and negatives were discussed.

1 hour ago, Dr. Football said:

I prefer his brother Mike, but Brandon will do. 

I have a friend with the last name Hunt. I like to come up with first names of his unborn child assuming the middle name will be Mike. Cherish, Richard, and Chase are some of my favorites

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rico said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/steelers-complete-second-g-m-interview-with-omar-khan/

Latest update from today. Looks like he's one of six names to get/will get a second interview.

Yeah that’s old news from last week

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

"Thought" is not exactly right word.  "Imagined" might be more suitable.

Whaley has history with organization, is a minority and has been interviewed twice.

Whaley's positives and negatives were discussed.

The direct quote if I recall correctly was “Whaley is a front runner”

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I was going to say there's only room for one Brandon in the organization, but I'm all for your reasoning

Look at that Bellichek coaching tree. He turns pee into wine. Every guy they bring in for a year or two,turns into a hot candidate by association.

I think it'd be foolish for Beane to not attempt the same in the FO.

That's the spirit of the rule, 3rd rd picks for multiple years? Crazy high yield. Let's be the reason they change that incentive to a lower payout lol

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Look at that Bellichek coaching tree. He turns pee into wine. Every guy they bring in for a year or two,turns into a hot candidate by association.

I think it'd be foolish for Beane to not attempt the same in the FO.

That's the spirit of the rule, 3rd rd picks for multiple years? Crazy high yield. Let's be the reason they change that incentive to a lower payout lol

Bill OBrien must be considered his crowing achievement 

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2022 at 12:24 AM, JGMcD2 said:

My guess is Gaine has a lot of those responsibilities and is paid closer to an AGM than not. 

This is an opportunity for us to attract some talent from outside to replenish our Front Office a little bit. Opportunities are going to come from word of mouth around the league, not necessarily AGM titles. Wouldn’t be able to get this Hunt guy on a lateral move.  

From what I understand it is more that Gaine has the consultant title because he isn't a full time, hands on, 365 days a year employee since he returned. He has covered some additional responsibilities since Schoen left in January but this move makes me believe that was a temporary solution because if Gaine wanted to AGM job I'd assume it's his. I suspect he is happy in his consultancy role and just upped his input between Jan and the draft to cover the gap but would rather go back to his old role. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

From what I understand it is more that Gaine has the consultant title because he isn't a full time, hands on, 365 days a year employee since he returned. He has covered some additional responsibilities since Schoen left in January but this move makes me believe that was a temporary solution because if Gaine wanted to AGM job I'd assume it's his. I suspect he is happy in his consultancy role and just upped his input between Jan and the draft to cover the gap but would rather go back to his old role. 

This makes a whole lot of sense as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.