Tarik Cohen potentially tears Achilles while live streaming workout

Dablitzkrieg

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

My biggest fear is an Achilles tear 

I had bad Achilles problems a few years ago from playing bball, and worries about the same thing. The ortho I saw basically said like 90% of tears are men between 40-50 who are weekend warrior athletes. That pretty much was me. 

I ended up doing tons of stretching to prevent against a risk of a tear. I now stretch my Achilles for like 30 minutes every night, and then before I play hoops in the mornings and then after. Makes a huge difference.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s really such a sad story.  He lost 2 of his brothers in recent years and can’t catch a break with injuries.  Luckily, he got a decent pay day with Chicago to the tune of almost 10M gtd.  Hopefully he was smart with his money. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I had bad Achilles problems a few years ago from playing bball, and worries about the same thing. The ortho I saw basically said like 90% of tears are men between 40-50 who are weekend warrior athletes. That pretty much was me. 

I ended up doing tons of stretching to prevent against a risk of a tear. I now stretch my Achilles for like 30 minutes every night, and then before I play hoops in the mornings and then after. Makes a huge difference.

two stories….

1 I played pick up hockey at the old sabreland off Niagara Falls blvd with some friends. We rented ice time for once a week for most of the year.  I was on the ice and I make a very good defensive play sliding on the ice on my stomach.  I get on my knees sliding on knee/ shin guards and I turn my body as I’m still sliding so my skate blades hit the boards first.  I get up I can’t put any weight on my one ankle.  I strained my Achilles.  It took 6-8 weeks to get better on its own. I could walk and stand but could not strain it more with running or skating or peddling a bike.

2. a couple years ago I had a meniscus tear. I was scheduled to have surgery.  It had to get postponed at the last minute because the surgeon tore his Achilles playing basket ball.  You think the dr should know better…

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

My biggest fear is an Achilles tear 

I partially tore mine in college playing pickup basketball when I jumped up for a rebound and came down and landed on someone's foot...

Didn't end up needing surgery but it was like I was dragging my leg behind me for a month and felt like I was walking on nothing...

When I laid down to sleep at night was the worst...felt like someone was grabbing and squeezing the Achilles tendon hard...

Ended up having to wear a lace up boot any time I played sports after it healed or else I would get Achilles tendonitis so bad the next day it literally felt like it would tear Everytime I took a step.

2 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I heard the pop but also heard Wet A** Pu**Y playing as his soundtrack. I can’t believe we’re dealing with a mental giant here, one who’s ensuring he’s properly stretched and prepared for such a workout. Sorry. 

Im not going to slam a guy for the music he likes,,, Music does not define the man... sorry.

3 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I heard the pop but also heard Wet A** Pu**Y playing as his soundtrack. I can’t believe we’re dealing with a mental giant here, one who’s ensuring he’s properly stretched and prepared for such a workout. Sorry. 

Oh yeah! You’re gonna work out great here. Just keep being you. 👍

• Haha (+1) 8

8 hours ago, djp14150 said:

two stories….

1 I played pick up hockey at the old sabreland off Niagara Falls blvd with some friends. We rented ice time for once a week for most of the year.  I was on the ice and I make a very good defensive play sliding on the ice on my stomach.  I get on my knees sliding on knee/ shin guards and I turn my body as I’m still sliding so my skate blades hit the boards first.  I get up I can’t put any weight on my one ankle.  I strained my Achilles.  It took 6-8 weeks to get better on its own. I could walk and stand but could not strain it more with running or skating or peddling a bike.

2. a couple years ago I had a meniscus tear. I was scheduled to have surgery.  It had to get postponed at the last minute because the surgeon tore his Achilles playing basket ball.  You think the dr should know better…

I thought that too before my current issues. It's crazy how often I have to correct medical professionals. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.