Why would you fight to defend the United States?

I told my wife the other day, she is 6 months pregnant with our 3rd boy, that if push came to shove, and our country was threatened (especially if it was close proximity to my family) I would 100% take up arms to protect her, the family, and the country I love. She said “I know”. 

This country, with all of its blemishes is still far and away the greatest and most free country on the planet. It’s the most excepting of all countries, despite what you hear in the news. If there was an invading force trying to take over the country, I think a large majority of able body men would fight. All creed, race, age, etc would come together and fight proudly together, much like what is reported to be happening in Ukraine. It’s easy to bicker and fight when times are good but when push comes to shove, America would defend itself vigorously, and I’d be proud to die for our freedoms, for my  l wife and sons freedoms,  and my fellow Americans pursuit of happiness without hesitation. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, after all, isn’t this administration’s motto, “America Last”? 😉

I expect my attempt at satire had mixed results but I'm just fascinated by how these global power struggles are centered on the idea of "territorial conquest". 

I mean, to a great extent China already controls much of American society through concepts such as "elite capture".  Which is simply a philosophy of aligning the goals of the CCP and with those of American elite figures.  Individuals and their enterprises in politics, entertainment, business, and other areas .  Mostly through monetary gain.  Figures like Lebraun James have become spokespersons for the Chinese government, Hollywood, for one wouldn't dare release any unflattering movies about China, social media platforms jump when Xi says jump, and corporate America is terrified to lose any access to their large market.  Why would they need to physically invade and occupy the U.S.?  Their way seems so much easier, more subtle, and by aligning interests lets America's elite fight for China against our own people.  A modern day version of the biblical "30 pieces of silver".

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I see a lack of far left radicals on PPP are silent. I thought they loved this country?

BTW, I’m over 50 and I would sign up without a doubt!

That's ok, we will still protect them 

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I told my wife the other day, she is 6 months pregnant with our 3rd boy, that if push came to shove, and our country was threatened (especially if it was close proximity to my family) I would 100% take up arms to protect her, the family, and the country I love. She said “I know”. 

This country, with all of its blemishes is still far and away the greatest and most free country on the planet. It’s the most excepting of all countries, despite what you hear in the news. If there was an invading force trying to take over the country, I think a large majority of able body men would fight. All creed, race, age, etc would come together and fight proudly together, much like what is reported to be happening in Ukraine. It’s easy to bicker and fight when times are good but when push comes to shove, America would defend itself vigorously, and I’d be proud to die for our freedoms, for my  l wife and sons freedoms,  and my fellow Americans pursuit of happiness without hesitation. 

Well, that's really well said.  Thanks.  

I think it's true, too.  I think a lot of people would stand up for the country.  And contrary to what someone has suggested, I suspect that those on the left would respond as well as those on the right.  

The real point of my question is if we'd all stand together to defend our country, if we'd all cooperate to protect our country, why is it that in these times we're fighting so viciously on the political front?  We're tearing ourselves apart.  The unwritten promise that was made among Americans at the beginning of our country was that we would cooperate to keep those things that we hold dear.   Not cooperate only when threatened with conquest; cooperate to preserve our ideals for all of us. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think it's true, too.  I think a lot of people would stand up for the country.  And contrary to what someone has suggested, I suspect that those on the left would respond as well as those on the right.  

The real point of my question is if we'd all stand together to defend our country, if we'd all cooperate to protect our country, why is it that in these times we're fighting so viciously on the political front?  We're tearing ourselves apart.  The unwritten promise that was made among Americans at the beginning of our country was that we would cooperate to keep those things that we hold dear.   Not cooperate only when threatened with conquest; cooperate to preserve our ideals for all of us. 

Unfortunately, I don’t share your optimism in regards to todays liberals. When one side continuously calls the other side traitors, fascists, racists, Russian sympathizers. You better believe they would love nothing more than to eliminate half of the American citizens who disagrees with their political ideologies.

There is an old saying that still rings true today. When they tell you who they are, believe them.

32 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I touched on it in my original post. We are so fortunate in this country, we have had no real threats to us from the outside. We’ve been able to ruminate on issues and blow them up to more than they need to be. That’s how we get to “micro aggressions” being a thing. Something that is based on bias and not something that is not premeditated, something our mind does as a way to survive in a world that sends us stimulus from all angles, is being turned into a tell that people are racist. We are eating ourselves from the inside because we are so protected, humans innately need conflict (in my opinion). 

1 minute ago, Westside said:

You didn’t answer the question. Would you defend this country today?

F ya I would! But not to go fight in Iraq or Vietnam or something. I would go fight in Ukraine against fascism before I went to Iraq or Vietnam. Two bad wars, imo 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Westside said:

When one side continuously calls the other side traitors, fascists, racists, Russian sympathizers. You better believe they would love nothing more than to eliminate half of the American citizens who disagrees with their political ideologies.

This is a perfect example of what's so crazy in our current situation.   Liberals say the exact same thing about conservatives.  Read this:

When one side continuously calls the other side traitors, communists, and Russian sympathizers. You better believe they would love nothing more than to eliminate half of the American citizens who disagrees with their political ideologies.

All I did was change "fascists, racists" to "communists," and it expresses the opposite opinion, exactly.   Both opinions are wrong and hopelessly overstate the reality.  These opinions inflame and divide us.   We would fight together, and we should work together. 

And, by the way, it's the conservatives who have the guns, so the threat of being eliminated is much more real to the liberals.  

there are a lot of entitled weenies that would never fight for this country and will ridicule everything the US stands for any chance they get.  can we kick them out of the country after WW3?  that would be the light at the end of the tunnel while we are in the trenches defending the country we love!

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

This is a perfect example of what's so crazy in our current situation.   Liberals say the exact same thing about conservatives.  Read this:

When one side continuously calls the other side traitors, communists, and Russian sympathizers. You better believe they would love nothing more than to eliminate half of the American citizens who disagrees with their political ideologies.

All I did was change "fascists, racists" to "communists," and it expresses the opposite opinion, exactly.   Both opinions are wrong and hopelessly overstate the reality.  These opinions inflame and divide us.   We would fight together, and we should work together. 

And, by the way, it's the conservatives who have the guns, so the threat of being eliminated is much more real to the liberals.  

Give me a break! The left has controlled the msm for the last six years. If you can’t see the hate spewed by a few certain members of this board, then you are being willfully naive. 
I don’t speak for no one bit myself, but I bet a few would agree with me when I say, all I want is to be free to make my own decisions, without the government telling me what to do.