Allen still is fairly significantly better on the Road than at Home. Splits don't lie. Thoughts as to why.

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Did you watch football last year? Colts was an away game. This is all you have to say after everything I just threw at you?? 

I think the more pertinent question is, did YOU watch football last year?  It was clearly a home game.

image.thumb.png.f14f132ad000c3a2253edf52ce9ace59.png

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I think the more pertinent question is, did YOU watch football last year?  It was clearly a home game.

image.thumb.png.f14f132ad000c3a2253edf52ce9ace59.png

your right I read the schedule wrong... you got 1 thing right.. congrats

and thats 2 home games josh played bad... what about the other home games Josh played great? Did Josh have any bad games away? Im sure he did.. HORRIBLE NARRATIVE! 

He’s just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential, considering where he started as a rookie, he’s on the upward trajectory.

He’s a unique case study who’s story and career has many more moments, turns and statistics to be obtained before we can make any concrete conclusions.

That being said, 17 seems to relish leading his team into enemy territory, it’s a great sign.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not wins-losses I am talking about...stats are significantly better on the road. 5% higher completion percentage in his career, passer rating 9 points higher, more TDs, fewer INTs, etc.

What was the weather difference? Need more information...

I'm not sure this isolated to JA17.  As a whole this team seems to play better football on the road and really struggles at home at times.

This is why I really need to see consistent football through a 17 game regular season this year before I start booking tickets for a SB next Feb and it does start with JA17 and McDermott having this team ready week in and week out so there are no more Steelers and Jaguars type of outings in 2022.

It could be a confluence of factors such as too much juju, weather, etc.  One of the beautiful things about Josh is that he just keeps getting better and I don't see why that trend won't continue.  I expect the variances in his performance to flatten out this year between the road and home games. 

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean he legit pitched a perfect game at home against NE.  More TDs than incompletions.  

Yeah. Color me NOT WORRIED.  Just played one of the greatest games of all time, at home, against hated rival, in front of a packed and rabid fanbase, in the playoffs, against the GOAT coach, in 0 degree weather.  

So, he had better stats on the road than at home last year in a season where Buffalo had exceptionally bad weather on numerous game days.  Case seems open and shut to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Highmark Stadium has the largest crown of any field in the NFL.   The closer you get to the sidelines, the more "downhill" you are from the center of the field.    This, combined with the swirling wind, make it the most difficult field in the NFL to throw the ball accurately.  

Edited by pi2000

I don’t see any difference in play except the weather. He has has bad home games like Pittsburgh last year and bad road games like Jacksonville.  But in both those instances the entire team was unprepared to play. 

Josh is the least of my worries at home or on the road. 

He was virtually unstoppable in the second coldest game in franchise history.  Temperature is not the issue.  It was dry and not windy and by then the Bills had a reasonably reliable run game. 

Bad weather affects both QBs. Bills on paper should be better running the ball. Let's hope for better weather and better run blocking 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah. Color me NOT WORRIED.  Just played one of the greatest games of all time, at home, against hated rival, in front of a packed and rabid fanbase, in the playoffs, against the GOAT coach, in 0 degree weather.  

So, he had better stats on the road than at home last year in a season where Buffalo had exceptionally bad weather on numerous game days.  Case seems open and shut to me.

I didn't say I was worried...more curious as to the why behind it, and No, I don't believe it can be 100% explained by the weather as some seem so eager to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.