Starting in 2023, games can be flexed to MNF

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Double headers are a bit much on a Monday. I would expect the later games to have a much lower viewership across the east coast. 

Is it any different or worse than west coast viewership when the games start at 8:20 eastern time.  People in LA are just getting out of work.  Even now if working the next day I (and many others) may turn off the TV by 10:30 unless it's a game/team I really want to see

I'm guessing they will try to have west coast teams in the late game and east coast teams the early game

On 5/17/2022 at 10:50 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

So they do this weeks 14-18? We have a hard enough time selling out December games, this isn't gunna help! Shoulda built a Dome

Haven't you heard?  According to Patriots fans, we couldn't even sell out our first home playoff game in decades in 2020!  Barely 6000 fans showed up!

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Haven't you heard?  According to Patriots fans, we couldn't even sell out our first home playoff game in decades in 2020!  Barely 6000 fans showed up!

LOL i really dont blame anyone who chose to pass on that game, but i wouldve been there. What was it like -15? But it is true theres always cheap tickets avail close to the game in December. Having it be a cold weather already sucks, and then not many fans have the luxury of not working or leaving early on a Monday, to then be dog tired Tuesday

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bummer. I prefer CBS to Fox, but I might just be biased from watching more CBS too

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

LOL i really dont blame anyone who chose to pass on that game, but i wouldve been there. What was it like -15? But it is true theres always cheap tickets avail close to the game in December.

Pretty sure they were referring to the Baltimore home game where the state/county limited attendance to 6k.

Other thoughts:

The home viewing schedule is disrupted by this move. More so are the fans who attend and may have to make travel arrangements for Monday night, late Sunday night games. A 1 pm game that ends @4:00 pm has much different travel requirements than a game ending @11:00 pm or later for people coming in from Ontario or areas east of Rochester. Even folks in Rochester don't get home until around 1:00 am. This has been covered in the thread above, since we think of games as participants.

How does this effect other elements needed for a game? Potential stadium conflicts? Team staff and security schedules. Even more importantly what about local police (City/ Town or County) schedules etc. Not only are the fans attending the game affected, but so are the hundreds of people who are working the games in any capacity. This does not seem well thought out.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, 1ManRaid said:

They have nothing to boast about. Here's a picture of the first game after TB went to Tampa. 

no pats fans.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.