Starting in 2023, games can be flexed to MNF

PromoTheRobot

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like I can’t plan out of town games in those weeks.  They realize that some people fly or need hotel rooms, right?

Realize?  Yes.  Give a sh!t?  Nah.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 8

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is the goal to eventually have every game on national TV?

As this will be the most profitable outcome … probably…

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like I can’t plan out of town games in those weeks.  They realize that some people fly or need hotel rooms, right?

Ditto for me…hope it stays just with those December games as I don’t travel that late in the season anyway…but this is going to be a pain in the backside to people …

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That will be a hassle for fans who work and/or go to school. You think you have a Sunday game and then all of sudden its switched. Now the work/school thing plays a factor on a Monday. 

It has been a hassle for a long time.  I know people who scheduled flights for family and game was moved meaning they needed to either pay for changes on all tickets or miss game.   Game tickets should be a contract IMO and it is shame that there are fans who say this is fine but complain when players are cut from contracts where they received initial signing bonuses accounting for this to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

As this will be the most profitable outcome … probably…

Ditto for me…hope it stays just with those December games as I don’t travel that late in the season anyway…but this is going to be a pain in the backside to people …

The targeted demographic will have a) plenty of money and b) plenty of flexibility to adjust to late schedule changes.

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So they do this weeks 14-18? We have a hard enough time selling out December games, this isn't gunna help! Shoulda built a Dome

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have found that I can work remote when I need now due to pandemic changing things. But that helps me work remote while in WNY for these prime time games.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Double headers are a bit much on a Monday. I would expect the later games to have a much lower viewership across the east coast. 

not if they do it like week 2 for this year with games split between abc and espn.

this year it’s 7 espn, 830 abc but they could do 8 abc, 930 pm  espn west game

dont forget in 23 Christmas and new years are on Monday.  

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I believe they’d have an audience. I’m going through withdrawals now! I’d watch Jets and Jags right now if it were on.

I guess the question becomes is there more money in a Sunday Ticket-like package, or just having every game on some network somewhere, even if those games compete?

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Further proof that the fans watching on television are more important to the NFL than the fans in the stands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.