Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Will always be disappointed.

Not angry. It's just a sport I watch and a team I root for. I'm not directly involved and the results are not a reflection of me.

Yea I never take the losses personally.  I am mostly disappointed for the players as they usually have put alot of effort into playing and when they are so fun to watch you like to see them get rewarded.  

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

ARE YOU FREAING KIDDING ME, NJ?!

I JUST GOT OVER IT LAST NIGHT AT AROUND 10 PM.

BUT HONESTLY THANK YOU FOR THIS.  PLEASE WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER AND KICK MY DOG AND MAKE FUN OF MY WIFE'S COOKING?!*

(*  psst...forget the dog stuff, but please come over and say the thing about my wife's cooking...please...honestly you don't know what it is like)

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, zevo said:

still haven't watched the highlights

I was flipping through the channels looking for a NHL playoff game the other night and accidentally hit NFL Network.  They were showing the Bills-Chiefs playoff game and there were about 4 minutes to go.  I couldn't help myself, and watched up until the OT coin toss.  After reading about and discussing 13 seconds ad nauseam on this board, I figured it was time to take another look - for me, the first time I had watched it since it happened live.  The TV replay didn't reveal much about the kickoff, but it was clear as day that Kelce got a 100% free release off the line on the play that set up the game tying FG.  I was pissed seeing it, but it clearly shows where/when/how the Bills screwed it up.  That was truly the biggest contributor to the failure.

36 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Aren't you also the one that predicted the Bills were going to get blown out by the Jets in the first game they played last year - and have difficulty wiinning any of their remaining games after that?

Nobody really knows but the fact of the matter is that the Bengals and Zac Taylor were able to accomplish in one year something that McDermott never has in 5 years....win a road playoff game.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

This thread is worse than the 13 seconds.  The idea that the Bills would have won the SB automatically is also idiotic. 

If the Bills beat the Rams on opening day it will add more fuel to the fire so to speak.

I get why fans still cling to this idea but again, the team that beat the Bills didn't win the SB, let alone reach it which is why I also maintain the Bills were not SB bound last year.

• Agree 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

If the Bills beat the Rams on opening day it will add more fuel to the fire so to speak.

I get why fans still cling to this idea but again, the team that beat the Bills didn't win the SB, let alone reach it which is why I also maintain the Bills were not SB bound last year.

I have no idea if Buffalo would have won the SB last year had they beaten KC. All I can say is I believe they would have been favored to win both the AFCCG and the SB. However, there are so many variables that go into winning any given game that you never know.

What I do know is this: Whatever happened to KC after they beat Buffalo, has no relevance whatsoever to whether or not Buffalo would have won the SB had they beaten KC. Literally zero relevance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are, why even bring this up? there are people that are going to hurt on this one for a long time... Why dig at old wounds? what's the point of this? Why bother putting yourself through the pain of watching the highlights?

onlys-and-justs-dwight.gif

The result of every sports matchup in history comes with an "if only x, y, and z happened, we would have won" asterisk. Guess what? X, y, and z DIDN'T happen, and the Bills lost. 

Football games offer an mind bogglingly infinite amount of variables that all contribute to the outcome. You can "yeah, but" until you're blue in the face, but the bottom line is that the Chiefs won the game.

As Mel Brooks used to say..."Or you are, or you ain't". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have no idea if Buffalo would have won the SB last year had they beaten KC. All I can say is I believe they would have been favored to win both the AFCCG and the SB. However, there are so many variables that go into winning any given game that you never know.

What I do know is this: Whatever happened to KC after they beat Buffalo, has no relevance whatsoever to whether or not Buffalo would have won the SB had they beaten KC. Literally zero relevance.

I agree with you about them being favored, at least in the AFFCG. SB would probably would have been pickem at best since the Rams were at home.

But I still maintain the belief that it was simply the Bengals turn last year and they came within a few minutes of winning a SB when nobody had there at the start of the season. Nobody had them winning their division or being any better than 3rd or 4th place in their division either.

That's why all this offseason hype for the Bills is dangerous because there's a better chance they fail miserably this year than actually living up to the lofty expectations bestowed upon them because that's simply how the NFL works.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I've watched the game back twice. It was an incredible game. I am over the ending. Can't wait to see the Bills on the field again, even in pre-season!

Im with you Gunner, I’ve watched the whole game again and highlights several times.  I found the end of the game actually wasn’t hard to watch, it was the most exciting piece of football I’ve ever watched and left me drooling for more.  

Im so stoked about this next season, I’m out of my mind excited for it to get here.  

And honestly, I was over the end shortly after it happened.  As much as it sucked and stung, it’s also just a game and don’t let it affect my life long term.  Life is too short and too good to linger on something as trivial as a sporting event outcome. Now if I had PLAYED in the game, my competitiveness might have made it sting and linger longer.

43 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Aren't you also the one that predicted the Bills were going to get blown out by the Jets in the first game they played last year - and have difficulty wiinning any of their remaining games after that?

We're all human. I thought:

1. hd dvd would beat blu ray
  2. Dan would beat Dave
  3. bellbottoms wouldn't come back
  4. music would get better over time
  5. it was butter and I was incredulous about it when told otherwise
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

Its super disappointing, but the Bills still would have had to win 2 more games.

Josh Allen could have had a career ending injury on his first snap against the Bengals

then again, he could have been Super Bowl MVP. 

Those were two good teams left.   Let's say the chance of winning each game was around 50%.  That means the chance of winning the Lombardi - even if we got past the Chiefs - was about 25%.

To look at from another perspective, some folks/players in KC thought beating the Bills was a big deal because we were the best team they'd have to play.  Yet the Chiefs couldn't even make it to SoCal after dispatching us.  The winner of that monumental game earned no guarantees.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

What are your thoughts?

I  have watched hilites.  And watching Josh make play after play, running for first downs and throwing darts all over the field to Gabe Davis is a site to behold.  However, the loss will always be there.  You never forget the heartbreaks.  (Getting rid of Levi Wallace was somewhat cathartic for me.  But the loss still stings.)  Just like you never forget the huge wins.  I still think about the comeback against the Oilers in the 1992 playoffs.  That game never gets old.  I was at the Music City Miracle, and I will never forget the dejection shock dismay and helplessness I felt watching those events unfold in front of my eyes on that grey cold afternoon in Nashville.  And the drive home from Nashville to Atlanta was like driving home from a funeral of someone close to me.  Heck I won't forget my son's High School football team losing the 2016 7A Georgia State Championship on a missed 30 yard FG in OT at the Georgia Dome, after tying the game on the last play of regulation on a pass by Malik Willis, drafted by the Tennessee Titans.  (My son's HS team had around 15 guys go play D1 football.  That was quite a team)   Sorry for the digression.  But the tough losses are just part of life's journey. 

I can not wait for this season.  Great schedule.  Great QB.  Great team.  This is what its all about Bills fans.  Soak in every moment of every game.  September can not come soon enuf.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

1). It actually only took them 10 seconds 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.