Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

Im disappointed about it but not mad anymore.  I will always be disappointed about it.  Hopefully the Bills learned the lesson that the game isnt over until its over.  Dont lose focus and celebrate as if its won until the clock says zero.  A lot of things went wrong and I belive that last 13 seconds can mostly be blamed on them all losing focus and thinking it was over.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

He did a great coaching job without Tre White.  We have our shutdown corner and that game is a Bills win.

Should hire Kelce as our DC--at least he recognized the weakness of the Bills D alignment (twice) in those fateful seconds.  Frazier is a mannequin.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Should hire Kelce as our DC--at least he recognized the weakness of the Bills D alignment (twice) in those fateful seconds.  Frazier is a mannequin.

The non-squib kick was a bigger coaching error. That is all on the head coach.  You are right though, it was not Frazier's finest moment. 

These "13 seconds" that gets referenced were truly emblematic of that Bills season, not a stand alone occurrence. As such, I was never upset at those 13 seconds as it was who the Bills were last season.  Actually, I remain perplexed that there were larger screw-ups that season that impacted us missing the superbowl way more than the 13 seconds that gets overlooked.  Cases in point:

(1) The 4th quarter 4th down play versus Pittsburgh in the season opener. Inexcusable on every level. Who calls that play?

(2) The Jaguars game. The Bills showed they were not quite ready to be "the team".

(3) The Colts game. An epic let down at an important part of the season, at home.

Interesting that some posters assume if the Bills win in KC they go to the superbowl, well reality indicated quite convincingly that Cinncinnati would have had something to say about that. Plus, to me at least, wide right remains the "bar" of emotions that would rise to being "upset".

In sum, the extent of being upset indicating your level of fandom is delusional, at best. They simply were not ready, and proved it multiple times last year. The key is, did they learn those lessons and will they apply them this year. I think they will.  Go Bills.

Edited by IndyMark

20 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

There are some games I don't rewatch.  13 seconds is the latest one.

Right.  The only game I rewatch is the comeback.  And I'll rewatch 1964 and 1965 championship highlights.  

If I ever rewatch my big 4, it will only be after the Bills win the Super Bowl.   My big 4 are just misery.   They're only interesting if they're prelude. 

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I took me 13 seconds to get over 13 seconds 

It still irks me when people bring it up but not something I dwell on or think about.  And most of the time people bring it up is because they lost the argument with me about why the Bills are better than their team.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It still irks me when people bring it up but not something I dwell on or think about. 

And most of the time people bring it up is because they lost the argument with me about why the Bills are better than their team.

maybe it’s me but …

it irked me 13 days later and people were still crying 😿 😢

some fool will tell me Uniform talk is stupid and yet he”ll harp on 13 seconds 6 months later. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just tried to rewatch it for the 1st time since it was on nfln just now. Thought I could do it, but didn’t. Turned it off right when we kicked off at :13.

I still have the game recorded on my DVR and always planned to watch it once the wound heals a bit.

So far, have not watched it, and have no intentions to do so any time soon.

I should probably delete it for the space on the DVR...I'll probably never watch it again.

I'm not mad. It happened. I had no control over the outcome of the game.

My life doesn't depend on what happens with my favorite teams.

What makes me made is when my family and friends die before their time. What makes me mad is social injustice, including racism.

As for 13 seconds: It was a game. Get over it. Move on. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Its always darkest before dawn.  When we win it, it will mean more to us because we’ve had it emotionally hard as a fan base.

I know teams like the Lions who have only one playoff win in their existence and the Browns have very little as well.

However, we’ve been so close multiple times and that’s where it’s painful.  Never really contending does suck but falling a couple of feet short multiple times to the finish line is agonizing.

I will probably sob when we win it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.