Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

On 5/17/2022 at 7:28 AM, hondo in seattle said:

I was over 13 seconds once the game was over.  Things happen in games.  Life moves on.  

Yes. There is "Life" and then there is "Sports Life." Life moved on as it always does.

Sports Life?....that died a little that day and is never coming back. Coaches blew it.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you really think the team comes in here? if so, do you really think the team needs to be reminded? come on man...

I think you know what I meant.

The outcome of the game is what should motivate them, not listening to some idiot like me on a message board.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Will never get over it, coaching cost everyone a Super Bowl. THAT was the year to get it done and they blew it. There will never be an easier path through the AFC again...

That same coaching made the calls that led the team to go 4/4 with 2 TDs on 4th down.  Without that, the game would have been a blowout.  Coaches put them in position to win.

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think you know what I meant.

The outcome of the game is what should motivate them, not listening to some idiot like me on a message board.

:D I get it. The whole point to my argument is we the fans don't need to be reminded of it daily. that's what this thread does.

this is a thing I will always have on me (among others, you know the list)

it's a scar

and like any scar, you may not think about it everyday, but when you see it, you remember

it never vanishes completely

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Coping mechanism.

And that’s not judgment from me. It still stings for me as well and I try to avoid any OT footage.

Letting stuff back in your head is how you let it happen again. Obviously that's what the players have to do, but I think when you have an entire fanbase thinking like that it's bad juju.

8 hours ago, BTB said:

Mad?  It’s a game.  If months later you are still “mad”, you may want to consider anger management counseling. 

I’m angry that I didn’t get to burn a couch in the road. That’s a bucket list item. Torching a couch is something we should have done in college to get it out of my system. Life is full of disappointments…….. 😋

• Haha (+1) 1

When I was a teenager, I spent an evening listening to the newly released Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti album in my brother's darkened room (it was his stereo).  I entered a deep trance-like state where I felt that nothing was beyond the comprehension of my expanded consciousness.  And I had a tremendous insight: "Never worry about that which cannot be changed."

I shared my new wisdom with a friend who responded with, "Oh, yeah.  My mom says that all the time."

Her mom was a typical Buffalo mom from that era: a chubby homemaker who watched a lot of daytime soaps.  She didn't have an intellectual or philosophical bone in her body.  I couldn't imagine her mom saying anything deep or meaningful. 

"You mom says what I just said all the time?" I challenged in disbelief.

"Well, she phrases it a little differently: 'No use crying over spilt milk.'"

I was devastated!  My great philosophical discovery was nothing more than an old cliche!  

And that's what I think about 13 seconds: No use crying over spilt milk.  

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.