Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

4 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I hate thinking of it. I will go to my grave thinking that if we had won it, we would have beaten the Bengals at home and then beaten the Rams. We were rolling at that point. 

We’ll never know what would have happened, but I think it was the best football game I’ve ever seen in my life. That may be recency bias speaking, but it was an amazing sporting event and I deeply enjoyed watching it. The ending sucked, but I’ll have to live with that. I refuse to let that dampen my enthusiasm.  There is nothing I can do about it now other than look forward to seeing them back on the field. 

Mistakes happen, people learn from them and get better. I had a BLAST watching and look forward to more pleasant outcomes in the future. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I still remember where I was when that game was played.  I missed it because I was on the road interviewing for my first job at my current employer.  I'm still mad about it, and I only know that game from the highlights and subsequent outrage.

Well, I watched the entire game and the end was a nightmare... it still as haunting to me as any of those mentioned.

I understand this completely because I missed half of the Oilers-Bills Wild Card game going back to my college dorm... on the road, can't get the game on the radio and I was hot when I got there and turned on the TV... but then of course the rest was history!!!

My “anger” lasted all of 10 seconds after the Chiefs drove to tie the score. 

My “concern” remains as I am still at a loss as to how completely unaware of the game situation we were when the Chiefs took the field on their game-tying drive. Whether is was McD, Frazier, the players, or any combination, that lack of awareness for the game situation has me questioning if we have the right people when it comes to crunch time on the D side of the ball. It was amateur night for those last 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We had 17 straight seasons where the opportunity for a Super Bowl was 0.0%. 

Anytime you have a legit shot at a Super Bowl, well above 0.0%, and then blow it in spectacular fashion like was done with 13 seconds left last year then fans, players, coaches and everyone else should be pissed.

The Bills look like they have a great Super Bowl caliber team once again this year on paper. Some fans seem to treat the on paper team as a Super Bowl certainty. History would say otherwise, but maybe so.

I don't forget 17 years of irrelevance. I don't forget 4 straight Super bowls and 4 straight losses. I dont forget the ability for the entire season  going up in smoke in 13 seconds.

It's in the past and I'm not mad, I really don't have time to be mad about anything for more than a week or two anymore.  But for ***** sake can they just get their ***** together for one ***** season? Please?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why do you guys want to dredge up the past?  I live in the now and the future as that is controllable.  No, we all hated it, and lamented after that we should’ve been able to beat Cincy and would’ve been in the SB, but it’s over.  The league actually changed the rules because of the OT, and we addressed with a new D Line and replaced Wallace with Elam.  What more do you want OP.  It’s a waste of energy.

The month from the Lion King said it best…

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am mad that there is a thread titled this that i have to scroll by every few hours checking up on these forums.

Just being honest. dont like being forced to be reminded of it lol

I hope the team itself uses it as motivation to destroy the NFL this year.

Levi talking about the Kelce play.

"Usually he's (Poyer) near me... He was that far back, If I would have just looked back, I would have scooted him or I would have pressed."

"In four years we never took communication for granted and in the 13 seconds we let ourselves down."

Yes, I'm still pissed about that play. How the F do you just relax on that play? Right after Hill gashed you for 20 yards to get into much better position. How the F^(# are you relaxing at this time and not going over every detail???

Is it a coincidence he wasn't re-signed? 

This entire thread is dumb and to accuse people who have a life that they are not a Bills fan if they aren’t obsessed with 13 seconds is irrational.

Get over it.  We’ve fixed as far as we believe every hole.  It’s not Madden.  Every team has flaws.  Look at KC who went in meltdown in the secon half against the Bengals.  Look at the Bengals who couldn’t pull it together against the Rams.

Ficus on today and tomorrow.  That’s what winners do.

I’ll use this as I’ve used with my sales teams in the past as just a small illustration.

You may think this is just another Rocky Movie, but really embrace the message he’s trying to say to his son.  

It’s not hard you get hit, it’s how many hits you take and keep moving forward!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.