Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

The replay was on the other night - I tuned in just as Diggs was catching the 2 point conversion at th end, and couldn't turn the channel fast enough.

Which is a shame. I'll probably never be able to watch one of the best & most clutch offensive performances we're likely to see from a Bills QB (or just about any QB).

But I can't say I'm mad, necessarily.  It's more just pain about that game, but Beane pulling out all of the stops this offseason has helped me rationalize the loss. Kind of a "well, we're about to have a lasting dynasty, and maybe the 13 seconds will be looked back on as what fueled it."

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

I wasn't until you brought it up.  Grrrr.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Why wouldn't you be?  Bills coaching has now arguably cost them shots at 3 Super Bowls.  The Jest defense wouldn't have given up 45 yards in 13 seconds.  Just pitiful.

But yet 75% of the fans on this board think McDermott should still be the head coach here even if this team fails to get to the SB again this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I've moved on. But I was a McD critic well  before 13 seconds. I'm only interested in how he manages the team moving forward with even greater expectations than last year. The team was not prepared to play week 1 last year. Hope he has them ready to play this year. 

McD has shown an ability to get better. He was trusting the offense and taking reasonable chances late last season. Most worked but some did not. He and Frazier coped well enough without White until KC. Even with White, stopping KC on the road in the playoffs would have been difficult. 

The team is better on paper but still has question marks.  That can be said of almost all teams. Let's just take it one week at a time and hope for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Not anger, but I still occasionally feel a pit in my stomach when it pops into my head. Mostly after thinking about how incredibly elated I was when JA scored that last TD to Gabe. I feel like it was in the top 3 chances for us to win a Super Bowl and we blew it.

I have, however, watched the highlights. Not the full game, but the highlights. I freaking love watching JA highlights, and there were so many good ones in that game.

9 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

I would say most of us are still upset about "The Music City forward pass", and even "Wide Right".  Way too soon for "13 seconds".

Im still mad about that Seattle game where they tried to kill Haush Money, and an avalanche of bad calls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve moved past the anger onto regret..

It was a tremendous opportunity in a weak year… they could play better and more consistent this year but just run into a superior team in the playoffs or SB  that emerges in 2022..

Anyway… can’t do anything about it.. just hope for the best and one before I die..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.