Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

3 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

I would say most of us are still upset about "The Music City forward pass", and even "Wide Right".  Way too soon for "13 seconds".

YOU FORGOT A BIG ONE MY FRIEND!!!!!!

THIS F****** GAME RIGHT HERE

"Ralph Wilson, the Buffalo owner, said: ''I've been watching football for six decades. Pass interference? What was that? We got robbed. It's awful. Before the last play, I turned and told my daughter, Linda, 'Look, Bledsoe is going to throw a Hail Mary and we're going to get called for pass interference.' And that's what happened! I wish I could call the stock market like that! It's awful.''"

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/30/sports/pro-football-officials-help-patriots-while-jets-help-themselves-timely.html

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

"Ralph Wilson, the Buffalo owner, said: ''I've been watching football for six decades. Pass interference? What was that? We got robbed. It's awful. Before the last play, I turned and told my daughter, Linda, 'Look, Bledsoe is going to throw a Hail Mary and we're going to get called for pass interference.' And that's what happened! I wish I could call the stock market like that! It's awful.''"

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/30/sports/pro-football-officials-help-patriots-while-jets-help-themselves-timely.html

My wife walked in the house and found me on my knees in front of the t.v. screaming at the top of my lungs.  That was the worst it ever got for me.  I went on anger meds.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m not mad, I’m definitely looking forward to seeing if McDermott has grown from that brutal display of coaching.

Another bone headed mistake costing us games and or a chance at a title, and I’ll be starting the thread to have him removed.

For the record, I believe McDermott is growing into his 1st head coaching job and improving just like players get better. That’s my hope. 

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I still remember where I was when that game was played.  I missed it because I was on the road interviewing for my first job at my current employer.  I'm still mad about it, and I only know that game from the highlights and subsequent outrage.

I certainly am.

There was some Amazingly elite play by our offense. Spectacular.  Bills deserved that 1

I still think the Hill TD on their last drive before the 13 seconds scared the coaching staff. 

Edited by JerseyBills

3 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Same. I rewatch bills games all off-season. I cannot re watch that game. 

I fast forward when the Chiefs have the ball, Josh Allen in the 4th qtr played perhaps the greatest playoff qtr ever. I can watch all day and just forget the ending.

Damn!

• Like (+1) 1

More of deep disappointment. That was a missed opportunity, and one golden chance for Josh Allen to get a ring. As great as Peyton Manning was he only got two rings, and Aaron Rodgers has only one.

That Bills team was 3rd in points for, 1st in points against. Through two games in the playoffs the Bills were playing their best football of the season since blowing out weaker teams early on. Seasons don't play out like that often. A team has to strike when the iron is hot.

I generally support McDermott and appreciate what he has done for the Bills. He broke the playoff streak, the Bills are regular playoff contenders, they have a culture and expectation of winning, free agent veterans are coming here (most of the time). But, McDermott is supposed to be a really good defensive mind. Some of the biggest let downs this team has had in the biggest moments have been on defense. The 16-0 lead collapse to Houston in the playoffs, The Hail Murray and now 13 seconds. It is a growing point of concern to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts on the matter is that I don't believe this team was championship bound last year so it lessons the sting a bit. I believe they would have also lost to the Bengals the following week like the Chiefs did.

But it's also why I created the coaching thread/poll on McDermott to understand where the fanbase is on that subject and based on the responses so far it would appear a lot of folks have moved on (for the time being).

Either way it still sucks that this team continues to find ways to be on the losing end of games like this despite such heroic and legendary performances like JA17 and Davis had that fateful Sunday evening.

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

My thoughts on the matter is that I don't believe this team was championship bound last year so it lessons the sting a bit. I believe they would have also lost to the Bengals the following week like the Chiefs did.

Aren't you also the one that predicted the Bills were going to get blown out by the Jets in the first game they played last year - and have difficulty wiinning any of their remaining games after that?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.