Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

45 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

I still can't watch wide right and homerun throwback. You want me to relive 13 seconds? What happened during those few seconds is seared on my brain. You want I should watch "highlights" of those 13 seconds?

To directly answer your question, I'm not mad, but I never need to see those seconds replayed again.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I won't watch a replay of that game. I am not fuming about it anymore as I am looking ahead to the 2022 season. If the day comes when the Bills win a Super Bowl (hopefully Feb 2023) then I will be completely over wide right, MCM, and 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 3

It’s harder for some folk to get past their teams foibles than others. For me, it happened, it’s over, and I moved on without any fanfare, after all its just a football game, and in this particular instance, a damn good one, can’t wait for the preseason and season to start, it’s going to be a good year.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I still have a couple months before I can change my username back....I am ready to move on but its hard to accept.   It just seems like an organizational failure....I think the staff go all caught up in the moment and lost their attention to detail.   I know Levi said what he said but it was not his fault.   Kicking it in the endzone and playing prevent were not his calls.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Even though 4 months have gone by, I still can’t watch highlights or the full game.

What are your thoughts?

Depends how they respond this season and this means our coaching staff.  They blew it with conversative coaching and not being organized on the kickoff.  Sean and his staff need to learn from this and if the team wins the Super Bowl then everything will be forgiven.

45 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT. 

Even with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce plus 3 timeouts it shouldn't have mattered. 13 seconds and the Chiefs have it at their own 25. I will never understand how the Bills blew that game. 23 seconds or so I could see it especially with 3 timeouts. But 13 seconds shouldn't be enough time to get in FG range but it was.

Edited by Greg S

I’ve watched it a couple times, I believe in my heart we’re going to win one in the next few years. That makes it easier.

I also re-watch the pats* game immediately after to make myself feel better.

• Like (+1) 1

It'll always be a tough one to get over for me when it comes to McDermott.

I don't know how anyone could have watched that game and the way #17 left his blood and guts out there only to have McD blow it, and they largely give him a pass for it. After he also got the pass for also coaching a horrible game the year before in KC. But that's pretty much the way it's been. 

It's only an opinion because we don't know what would have/could have happened next...I believe McD cost us a Super Bowl last season. And honestly, I think we'll end up with Josh winning a SB here eventually and it'll be amazing...but I'll always feel that we should have won more with the kind of caliber player he is. This coach unfortunately will probably limit our shot at some kind of dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.