Who’s still mad about 13 seconds?

njbuff

2 hours ago, notwoz said:

I'm not mad. It happened. I had no control over the outcome of the game.

My life doesn't depend on what happens with my favorite teams.

What makes me made is when my family and friends die before their time. What makes me mad is social injustice, including racism.

As for 13 seconds: It was a game. Get over it. Move on. 

Yowza 

• Like (+1) 1

What makes me made is when my family and friends die before their time. What makes me mad is social injustice, including racism.

Jesus, what an arrogant post.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

It was a pretty gut wrenching loss, but I think Bills fans try to make it bigger than it is.

Sometimes you lose. You go back and try to win next time. If you lose again, you keep trying.

No need to make it more than that. We've got a great team. We've got a great QB. We have a great organization. I'll keep rooting for them to win. I don't need to pull out a pitchfork when they lose.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IndyMark said:

These "13 seconds" that gets referenced were truly emblematic of that Bills season, not a stand alone occurrence. As such, I was never upset at those 13 seconds as it was who the Bills were last season.  Actually, I remain perplexed that there were larger screw-ups that season that impacted us missing the superbowl way more than the 13 seconds that gets overlooked.  Cases in point:

(1) The 4th quarter 4th down play versus Pittsburgh in the season opener. Inexcusable on every level. Who calls that play?

(2) The Jaguars game. The Bills showed they were not quite ready to be "the team".

(3) The Colts game. An epic let down at an important part of the season, at home.

Interesting that some posters assume if the Bills win in KC they go to the superbowl, well reality indicated quite convincingly that Cinncinnati would have had something to say about that. Plus, to me at least, wide right remains the "bar" of emotions that would rise to being "upset".

In sum, the extent of being upset indicating your level of fandom is delusional, at best. They simply were not ready, and proved it multiple times last year. The key is, did they learn those lessons and will they apply them this year. I think they will.  Go Bills.

I agree.  Last season was a very uneven one.  Some really bad losses where the game was lost at the line of scrimmage.  We'll find out soon if the changes made were the right ones.

Stay Mad GIF

3 hours ago, notwoz said:

I'm not mad.

I am.

I had no control over the outcome of the game.

My buddy in college had no control over his brother tea-bagging him in the middle of the night.

But he was still mad about it.

No one said anything about your whole life. We are talking about your feelings on a specific topic.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Mad?   Not mad, but the pain of it will always be with me.  Wide right, Music City, Cowboys Monday night, 13 seconds, all are with me every day.  

I'm with you except for the Cowboy's Monday Night since we didn't have a chance in hell of making the Super Bowl that year. 

I think the scar comparison is the best.  It fades over time but it will always stick with you no matter what happens.

13 hours ago, notwoz said:

you dont care so much that you came here to tell us exactly how much you dont care and oh by the way heres what i do care about

11 hours ago, Pete said:

😠

DITTO. Not today not tomorrow never. NOPE

On 5/17/2022 at 4:09 AM, Beerball said:

I still can't watch wide right and homerun throwback. You want me to relive 13 seconds? What happened during those few seconds is seared on my brain. You want I should watch "highlights" of those 13 seconds?

To directly answer your question, I'm not mad, but I never need to see those seconds replayed again.

Ditto Part 2

Edited by muppy

10 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Nothing will change my mind that that was the year we would’ve won at all. There will never be an easier path to the ultimate prize and Idiot coaching in the last 13 seconds snatched it away.

I don't know if they would have won it all. The AFCCG against the Bengals would have been a tough game. The Bills D wasn't good against good offenses last year. Burrow and company would have given the Bills D fits. Last year is over. Win it this year and 13 seconds, MCM, wide right all go away. Let's Go Buffalo.

The one thing I will say about 13 seconds is every Bills game that gets into the 4th quarter I will be nervous unless its an absolute blowout score. If the Bills are up by 14 midway thru the 4th quarter I will still be nervous until the clock shows all zero's.

In retrospect, last year wasn’t our year.  In regular season, KC was only upper tier team we beat and we looked like zombies against Pitt and lowly Jags.  Something was missing.  Don’t think we woulda beat Rams.  Donald woulda hurt somebody and Tre was out.  Maybe 13 seconds was a blessing.  Another SB loss woulda been a bummer. This is our year.  Go Bills 🦬🏈

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.