Is there any circumstances you would move on from McDermott after 2022?

FilthyBeast

Under what circumstance whout you move on from McDermott after 2022  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Under what circumstance whout you move on from McDermott after 2022

• Nothing. He's my head coach and still want him here no matter what happens in 2022
    • Anything short of a SB appearance and/or championship
    • Losing season/miss playoffs and injuries are not a main factor in this
    • Losing to KC in the playoffs for a 3rd straight year

Blink 182 Reaction GIFSeriously dude, this thread is nuts. After years of jauron, Rex, and the rest of the stooges, you want to roll the dice on a new coach?

I hear Hank Bullough might be available. 

Edited by pennstate10
Forgot about coach bull
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MafiaSouth said:

Seriously? Another hypothetical dividing question. When you come up with something positive, let us know. Focussing on reasons to fire the current head coach is just what Bills fans need... Nothing like enjoying the moment.

• Haha (+1) 3

For me…. It would be how we lost to KC in the playoffs for the third straight year…. Though I have high hopes we win home-field (at least vs. the chefs) and we beat them twice this year and both games count. Just like we beat them last year. It counted.

What we need to see is a different approach to defending Mahomes and the other great QBs. We built a new DL for a reason. We drafted Kaiir for a reason (Bernard and villi CB too). We have to try something different as well as get better talent, imho…

If our defense just stunk up the field again playing KC in KC I would hope we at the very least, part ways with Leslie….

I don’t mind losing again. It would be how we lose… if the D just stinks again, it’s time to move on (and you can make a great case it should have been last year.)

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think if we lose to KC similar to the way we did last time then it's definitely a conversation, but I think he's built a winning culture and I think he will be given the benefit of the doubt and if anything they might be replacing Leslie and other other coordinators before they get rid of McD

If he again this year, back to back years is the reason they lose against KC then it’s a discussion. To say any loss against KC  would lead to a McDermott hot seat isn’t accurate IMHO.

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD is our coach.  Period.  He is not on any kind of hot seat.  

However if we were to miss the playoffs while everyone was mostly healthy, then sure it could mean a HC change is possible.  

But let’s be real, the odds of that happening are almost impossible.  If we stay healthy this team could sleep walk it’s way to at least 10 wins with even losers like Juaron, Gase, Meyer, etc at the helm.  

So, basically I had to choose the nearly possible scenario of everyone being healthy and we still miss the playoffs.  But in reality where that is never gonna happen, the answer is basically A.  

If we fall short in the playoffs again, he could enter next year on a hotter seat, but he’s not on one now.  

The odds of missing the playoffs are "almost impossible"?

This is the kind of offseason hyperbolic jibberish that makes May-August a difficult read here on TSW.

The Bills had a much easier schedule in 2021 and yet they were just 7-6 and on the outside of the playoff picture looking in due to a bad AFC record after 13 games.

They had lost to literally the worst team in the league........scoring only 6 points.

The AFC is much deeper this year.........Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan and possibly DeShaun Watson have been added to talented rosters........the Chargers loaded up in UFA.......the AFC champs totally revamped their terrible OL........the Dolphins finished last year winning 8 of 9 and improved their roster.........the Jets roster is now more talented than the Jaguars team that the seemingly stacked 2021 Bills lost to.........

There are a lot of ways to miss the playoffs in the AFC in 2022.    

Have you been under a rock?

It's not "almost impossible".       

How do people so quickly forget how the NFL actually works?

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

*Is there any circumstances you would move on from McDermott after 2022?

*Are (the noun is plural)

No!  A thousand times no!  It’s what gives the OP that special “something”. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

For me…. It would be how we lost to KC in the playoffs for the third straight year…. Though I have high hopes we win home-field (at least vs. the chefs) and we beat them twice this year and both games count. Just like we beat them last year. It counted.

What we need to see is a different approach to defending Mahomes and the other great QBs. We built a new DL for a reason. We drafted Kaiir for a reason (Bernard and villi CB too). We have to try something different as well as get better talent, imho…

If our defense just stunk up the field again playing KC in KC I would hope we at the very least, part ways with Leslie….

I don’t mind losing again. It would be how we lose… if the D just stinks again, it’s time to move on (and you can make a great case it should have been last year.)

Ok champ, make a great case for firing him this past season. 

While I think people are stuck in some euphoric bubble (despite entering and exiting and entering the same bubble last year). It would really, really take a lot. I mean Andy Reid was given over a decade in Philly. He has a great relationship with our GM. I would say even with a clean playoff miss he is still around. If we keep getting close, like it or not, he will be given a lot of chances to finish the job. 

Edited by KzooMike

Yeah, fire the best coach since Marv. Great idea! Total coaching staff overhaul that follows would be awesome! What the hell, why not just fire him now? Get a head start on it! 

Wasn’t there a similar crusade every week or two during the season? 

I didn’t vote because my only determining factor is not listed. #3 could be considered but too broad. Of course it means us losing. But if we have more epic breakdowns when it means the most like Tennessee last year, or the .13 I’d be ok with him being replaced. I also would be fine with keeping him depending on the situation as well. But utter collapse and it being all on the decision making of McD and I’d be ok with moving on. We should have a Lombardi trophy right now but his decision making screwed that up. Just MO. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd want to move on if we missed the playoffs (barring injuries). This roster is loaded, including a top 5 (or top 3 or the best) QB in the league on a rookie contract. If you can't make the playoffs with that I don't really care what else he's done for us. 

I'd also consider moving on if the defense is shredded in the playoffs again. Even if you ignore "13 seconds" the D was absolutely shredded by the Chiefs (twice) and was pretty darn bad against the Colts as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.