Which Bills have the most to prove in 2022?

Tre White -- The pain of watching the Bills lose due to passing plays in the closing 13 seconds as he was recovering has to sting. He needs to prove to the league he's healthy, he's back, and he was the missing piece to get the Bills to the Super Bowl. 

Allen - yes he reached godlike status in the playoffs last year, but just a few weeks earlier he was struggling mightily and tossing INT's against two of the worst teams in the league at home to finish the season. Just needs to play more consistent through the course of the entire regular season like 2020 and this team is definitely going places.

McD - has to prove he's a true 'wartime' coach and can come out on the winning end of close games against other contenders. Winning a road playoff game at some point needs to happen as well should the Bills be faced with that challenge again this year.

Davis - he also had a legendary performance in the playoffs last year but needs to prove he's a true #2 NFL WR (or more).

Spencer Brown - needs to avoid dreaded sophmore slump that has plagued this teams draft picks in recent years or oline will be an issue again.

Various Dline - all these new faces need to solve the pass rush and run defense issues that have plagued this team for years.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Tre White -- The pain of watching the Bills lose due to passing plays in the closing 13 seconds as he was recovering has to sting. He needs to prove to the league he's healthy, he's back, and he was the missing piece to get the Bills to the Super Bowl. 

He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone.  He just has to play good ball and do his 1-11 to help us win a SB

Posted (edited)

Spencer Brown and Cody Ford. Despite the overall strength of our roster, RG and RT are weak spots that could cost us games. These 2 guys need to make a HUGE step this season. I am hopeful that Brown can improve and Ford actually played reasonably well last year in limited snaps. Even if they can become average starters, that would help a lot.

I should mention Davis, but I think he is being underestimated by many. I think he'll have a solid season, but some will always point to his lack of elite speed. He still has good speed though, just not elite speed.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 947 said:

Edmunds will be elsewhere in 2023 no matter what he does this year IMO. If it's more of the same, Beane lets him walk. If he really improves, he prices himself out of range for Beane to seriously consider bringing him back. If he's somehwere in between, another team will offer him more than we could based on his pro bowl resume.

Same thing with Ford. If he somehow gets thrust into a starting role & plays well, somebody else would pay him low-end starter money.

AMEN

Gabe Davis - to prove he can handle playing the bulk of snaps at WR2 and produce at a high level consistently

The OLine as a whole - to show they can be good in the run game consistently and not have to put it all on JA17

Tre White - to show he can successfully return to form, even tho we know he will likely not return to 100% until the following year.  85% Tre is still better than most other CBs

Greg Rousseau - to show he can consistently become the player who had flashes of brilliance(especially early in the year)

AJ Epenesa - to show he isn't just a flash in the pan early in the year and can compete for playing time and/or make the roster

Boogie Basham - to take the next step that he started in the playoffs where he played very well...can he carry it over into next year

36 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

I am surprised that no one wrote Singletary. A bad year and he wont be  on the Bills next year, a really good year and we can be looking at a Bills lifer

Doubt the Bills are going to give a second contract to an RB.  Not smart money when they are replaceable.

How about Leslie Frazier?

We finally have the first round pick CB to go along with 4 already highly paid DBs (Tre, Taron, Hyde, Poyer).

A billion high picks and free agent dollars used on Defensive Line and LBs.

Is this the year he puts all of that to work and we look like an elite defense against good offenses?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Given the injury in question relevant to the demands of his position I still think White won't be the same player again until 2023.

And there is a chance he's never the same player again period but hopefully that won't be the case.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Given the injury in question relevant to the demands of his position I still think White won't be the same player again until 2023.

And there is a chance he's never the same player again period but hopefully that won't be the case.

He just added you to his list.  More fuel to the fire! 😆 

On 5/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, Ralonzo said:

Was just rewatching the wind game vs the Pats. apart from McD’s bottom-5 game management Edmunds was routinely victimized in a game where the Pats ran every play except 3. They only did that because the Mike made no plays, in a game where they knew they would be facing the run, almost every time. That’s unconscionable. He just can’t seem to find the ball, which for a LB is about as fatal a flaw as you can have. Let someone else pay for that

same in Indy game.  

Ken Dorsey. He's taking over a supremely talented Bills offense that almost single handedly took them to a Super Bowl last year. He has zero play calling experience but we don't have time for him to develop.

Edmunds although a good player not the elite player they thought him to be i don't think he will be here even if he does make a huge step the contract will price himont of the Bills range . But he doesn't have a ton to prove he's already shown him self as a pro bowl LB .

That being said Duke Johnson is it ? If Cook proves to be the guy they drafted him to be then i don't see him sticking around he has to prove that he's as good or better than Cook . Last year they had Motor, Moss, & Berida this year i feel it will be Motor, Cook & possibly Johnson + the FB .  

Moss has a ton to prove ! I never liked the pick for what they wanted or needed him to do he's to light in the pants to be the Bills short yardage back & given who they now have in the back field he will be a healthy scratch (if here at all) most of this season & then gone i hope .

Hodgins has a huge climb ahead of him given who they have drafted I don't see him here unless he just blows to coaches away in mini camp . 

Knox and Oliver have to prove they deserve big deals.

Edmunds and Singletary have to prove they deserve another deal.

Brown has to prove he’s a starter in the NFL.

Ford has to prove he belongs on an NFL roster.

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ken Dorsey. He's taking over a supremely talented Bills offense that almost single handedly took them to a Super Bowl last year. He has zero play calling experience but we don't have time for him to develop.

Yeah I agree. While there are other players/coaches/core personnel needing to prove themselves, this is a pretty important one. Although he has no in game play calling experience technically speaking, I would think he knows enough from seeing and learning all this time that he gets it. 

Probably has been eager to get a chance at it.

McKenzie he got chances to star with one game people love to rewatch but can he sustain it and be less of a jester and more of a knight able to be depended upon game after game?

Iron-Mc-Kenzie.png

I do think he can do a lot of things and he is sort of glue but he needs to be superglue.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:49 AM, ArtVandalay said:

While I get where you're coming from here and I can see your reasoning. I can somewhat kinda agree to a certain extent, but I in no way once so ever would consider it being "having the most to prove". Going by his injury as him having to prove anything, then I for one am confident he will be just fine. 

Going by how extremely hard he's been working to recover along with one of the best facilities/etc at his disposal, my guess is he is foaming at the mouth to "prove" himself.