OT Deshaun getting ready for a sit down with NFL

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't believe he has any criminal charges pending, so why would they wait for civil cases to dispo?

Exactly, the NFL not having their “punishment” figured out at this point is an embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yet despite it being street talk somehow you knew who the topic was about.  A Gold Star for you. Nice job! 

Hey….I had to read thru a whole bunch of responses just to figure it out. Sort of a fun scavenger hunt. 😉

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

they haven’t spoken to the guy yet

That’s kind of my point. Is there a reason for that? Football season begins relatively soon. The league had plenty of time to speak with him to come up with potential discipline in a timely manner. The issue has been hanging over the league for a while. Either discipline the dude or not. I’m at the point where it seems like the league shouldn’t even bother. The dude should have been suspended a long time ago if that’s the end goal anyway. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s kind of my point. Is there a reason for that? Football season begins relatively soon. The league had plenty of time to speak with him to come up with potential discipline in a timely manner. The issue has been hanging over the league for a while. Either discipline the dude or not. I’m at the point where it seems like the league shouldn’t even bother. The dude should have been suspended a long time ago if that’s the end goal anyway. 

The longer they wait the more it simmers down. How many league altering trades, FA signings, draft pick implications have taken place to move media story lines elsewhere.

You can't drop a 4 or 5 game suspension on the guy, like they ABSOLUTELY want to, when the fires burning hot. 

Cleveland is a hot mess, or as owners see it 1 of 32 (3%), is a dumpster fire that needs stability asap. Get this charade punishment over with, and get a premier player back in.

I will be absolutely shocked if it's more than 4 games. If its messing with owners pockets, that's all they care about.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The longer they wait the more it simmers down. How many league altering trades, FA signings, draft pick implications have taken place to move media story lines elsewhere.

You can't drop a 4 or 5 game suspension on the guy, like they ABSOLUTELY want to, when the fires burning hot. 

Cleveland is a hot mess, or as owners see it 1 of 32 (3%), is a dumpster fire that needs stability asap. Get this charade punishment over with, and get a premier player back in.

I will be absolutely shocked if it's more than 4 games. If its messing with owners pockets, that's all they care about.

Great points, but you articulate the very thing that bothers me about the league. They’re waiting for the smoke to clear to come down with a short suspension. It’s a charade punishment, or it would have happened long ago. The league doesn’t require legal guilt to suspend a player, so it should have happened in Houston imo. I really wish they had the courage to not suspend him at all, as that’s what they want, but are worried about a negative response. Watson’s future suspension relies upon people who can’t see through the charade. There’s no sincerity in any of this, but I shouldn’t expect much better. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

NFL is talking to him this week I believe but … oh *****…

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFL is talking to him this week I believe but … oh *****…

This feels click baity in intent. This news story is always available in the back pocket when nothings going on. Mind as well time it with Watson coming to town, get all the engagement from jokes 😆 pretty smart really

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Great points, but you articulate the very thing that bothers me about the league. They’re waiting for the smoke to clear to come down with a short suspension. It’s a charade punishment, or it would have happened long ago. The league doesn’t require legal guilt to suspend a player, so it should have happened in Houston imo. I really wish they had the courage to not suspend him at all, as that’s what they want, but are worried about a negative response. Watson’s future suspension relies upon people who can’t see through the charade. There’s no sincerity in any of this, but I shouldn’t expect much better. 

I completely agree. I'd rather they came out, said 1 game, we won't be taking any more questions and move on.

I could respect "there's about 10 good qbs in the world, this morons one, and we gotta business to run".

It's a slap in the face seeing Goodell mope around, talk all somber. The dude literally looks like a robot trying to imitate human emotions lol

We all know what this is... don't treat us all like we're too dumb to understand.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

maybe he hasn’t made himself available.  

if they gave him 6 or 8 games in February or if they do it next month, what’s the difference?  Suspension begins week 1, not in May

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

right so he’s getting a full paycheck this year even if suspended. Only 1m at risk for him. 

Well, Watson received full pay last year, while serving an unacknowledged suspension.  If Watson has to sit out all or a substantial portion of this season, you have to wonder if he’ll ever be anything close to what he was as a player….

15 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't know if Baker is smart enough to realize the opportunity in front of him.  Instead of collecting $18 million & getting a chance to get a big next contract with another team if he lights it up while Watson is suspended, he's whining and asking for a trade to a team where he has to learn a whole new offense.  

*Narrator*

He was, in fact, not smart enough

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The owners/NFL made it clear a long time ago that dirt bags are totally welcome in their private money making charade, money is their god and the single motivation in their lives, it is the corporate way.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.