OT Deshaun getting ready for a sit down with NFL

Just now, H2o said:

They structured it that way in anticipation of his suspension is my guess. 

Absolutely. Which is sickening by the way. Even if he is suspended the whole season, he’ll still get pretty much all of that $230mil guaranteed.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I really hope the NFL suspends him for at least 6 games.  Then, because why not, I hope Baker wins every single game he starts

AND LIGHTS IT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, and then Watson comes in and sucks. Really make them sweat out that fully guaranteed $$. OH how freaking sweet would that be, im salivating

33 minutes ago, Utah John said:

IIRC the money for Watson is fully guaranteed.  If he's not allowed to play at all (i.e., in prison) does he still get the cash?

Im pretty sure the legal side of this is strictly civil at this point, unless a new accuser comes forward

• Like (+1) 4

I would love to see them put him on the commissioner’s list for this year.

Can’t play, but Cleveland has to pay him and then one the proceedings are done next year - suspend him for a full year at no pay.

Then if more complaints surface - add to the suspension.  

He makes his 1 million base for the year and loses out on the real money.

Scummy player and scummy team - both deserve bad things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

AND LIGHTS IT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, and then Watson comes in and sucks. Really make them sweat out that fully guaranteed $$. OH how freaking sweet would that be, im salivating

There would be irony for you...fans turn their back on Haslam's Heroes, franchise revenues plummet, Flying J truck stops stop raking in $...in a few years the team scuttles out of town in the middle of the night. 🤔😁

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I really hope the NFL suspends him for at least 6 games.  Then, because why not, I hope Baker wins every single game he starts

I don't know if Baker is smart enough to realize the opportunity in front of him.  Instead of collecting $18 million & getting a chance to get a big next contract with another team if he lights it up while Watson is suspended, he's whining and asking for a trade to a team where he has to learn a whole new offense.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't know if Baker is smart enough to realize the opportunity in front of him.  Instead of collecting $18 million & getting a chance to get a big next contract with another team if he lights it up while Watson is suspended, he's whining and asking for a trade to a team where he has to learn a whole new offense.  

I've been waiting for him to change his tune. I don't blame him for trying to force his way out, but clearly that times passed, no chance to catch on somewhere like Indy anymore. 

He'd be smart to go back to repeating cliche NFL speak, come out looking sharp/healthy, and hope for an in season trade or FA next year, showing he's valuable. Let's see if he's smart enough to look ahead here

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Really sick of hearing about this guy and Browns are going to be the new most hated team in the NFL regardless of when he takes the field for them.

He’s a POS, glad he’s not QBing my team

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I mean, they gave him a fully guaranteed contract so he's getting all of the $$$. Yes, the $1.35M is what's on the books, but he's also getting like a $45M signing bonus. 

right so he’s getting a full paycheck this year even if suspended. Only 1m at risk for him. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

They structured it that way in anticipation of his suspension is my guess. 

No.  It’s exactly how it would be structured for salary cap purposes if there were no threat of suspension.  For example, Von Miller’s 6 year, $120M contract pays him the vet minimum salary of $1.1M this season.  

Edited by BarleyNY

What I don't get is how a team is willing to make such a huge investment on a guy who has (allegedly) proven to be a serial sexual predator.  This isn't a single incident of he said/she said.  These types of tigers don't usually change their stripes.  This is a sick dude who is likely to repeat the behavior.  How can you place your trust in this guy, let alone have him serve as the face of your franchise?  Mindboggling to me.

If we didn’t have Josh Allen I bet the same people who call Deshaun Watson all kinds of names ( and deservedly so ) would be pounding the table for McBean to go get him, 

I can only imagine what this place 😆would be like !!! 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

ESPN and CBS just reported apparently the NFL is ramping up their investigation for their first sit down interview with him over his allegations. 
Wonder if the league will actually let the rest of the legal process play out or they’ll just pass their own judgement and be done with it like Zeke Elliot. 

I don't believe he has any criminal charges pending, so why would they wait for civil cases to dispo?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.