OT Deshaun getting ready for a sit down with NFL

ESPN and CBS just reported apparently the NFL is ramping up their investigation for their first sit down interview with him over his allegations. 
Wonder if the league will actually let the rest of the legal process play out or they’ll just pass their own judgement and be done with it like Zeke Elliot. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

• 78thealltimegreat changed the title to OT Deshaun getting ready for a sit down with NFL
10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Really sick of hearing about this guy and Browns are going to be the new most hated team in the NFL regardless of when he takes the field for them.

how often do you hear about him? I haven't read anything recently until this came out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I really hope the NFL suspends him for at least 6 games.  Then, because why not, I hope Baker wins every single game he starts

Hoping Baker shows up on the first day on Mini Camp with a T-shirt that says "I believe sexual assault victims" for maximum drama

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

ESPN and CBS just reported apparently the NFL is ramping up their investigation for their first sit down interview with him over his allegations. 
Wonder if the league will actually let the rest of the legal process play out or they’ll just pass their own judgement and be done with it like Zeke Elliot. 

Usually the penultimate act before the NFL announces (ultimate act) his future game availability.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

IIRC the money for Watson is fully guaranteed.  If he's not allowed to play at all (i.e., in prison) does he still get the cash?

Yes, but Cleveland structured the deal to where he only gets $1M this year I think. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Yes, but Cleveland structured the deal to where he only gets $1M this year I think. 

And suspensions usually result in forfeiture of salary, unless he got really favorable contract terms from the Browns.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

And suspensions usually result in forfeiture of salary, unless he got really favorable contract terms from the Browns.

They structured it that way in anticipation of his suspension is my guess. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he gets more this year. But he doesn't count much on the cap. 

I mean, they gave him a fully guaranteed contract so he's getting all of the $$$. Yes, the $1.35M is what's on the books, but he's also getting like a $45M signing bonus. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.