First ever Buffalo home game- MNF against Titans

McBean

On 5/17/2022 at 1:15 AM, Buffalo716 said:

There is a whole thread on that ... It will be split based on the people you ask 

Anchor bar - historic .. good not the best 

Duff- Really good , some people will say best 

Lots wills say Gabriel's gate 

People will say nine eleven tavern 

The biggest consensus might be bar bil  

33 speakeasy has great wings too 

Chacun à son goût

On 5/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, McBean said:

Best wing place for us to eat?

Anchor Bar? duffs?

Personal opinion you can't go wrong, the worst wings in buffalo will be better than most wings in the US. But you wanna say you came to buffalo and had one of the famous places like Duffs or bar bills or Gabriels gate. But my wild card place that I didn't expect to be great is resurgence brewing. Get some good beer and great wings, the blue cheese is excellent. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think you will be happy with the out come seeing as this will be your first game day in B/lo i know it's crazy normally & this being the home opener on a Monday night against the Titans the place is going to be a zoo totally off the chain with excitement & i can't even imagine how loud it will be .

Lots of beer & food will be a plenty on the way in to the game Bills Mafia will definitely be out in force & I can bet there won't be a empty seat in the stadium ! 

MAFIA MOUNT UP !! GO BILLS ...

Edited by T master

• 3 months later...

Hi there. This year is finally it and my wife and I are coming to MNF vs Titans as our first ever live Bills game from Slovakia in Europe 😊 I appreciate some advice. I found this thread and figured I can us it instead of starting another one.

1.       Things to see/do around. Anything worth visiting in wider area? I am talking mainly nature, but anything else might be interesting. We are coming from NYC and plan to stop at Watkins Glen. I’ve been to Niagara Falls in the past and surely check it again. This time I plan to spend more time there, and it seems that Devils Hole SP + Whirlpool SP, as well as Fort Niagara SP are nice place to visit. Anything else? I mean borh around Buffalo/Falls as well as on the way from NYC to Buffalo and back.

2.       Things to see/do in Buffalo. Anything what is “must see” in Buffalo itself? Looking for any advice. Any park/museum/building/whatever worth seeing?

3.       Wings and football. Sunday before game we’d like to watch other NFL games in some bar and obviously try wings 😊 There is already some advice on these bars in this thread, so just making sure – all these places have lots of TVs and you can watch football there, right? Any special recommendation with this in mind?

4.       Tailgating. Just to understand how it works – if I come 3 hours before kickoff, is there a problem to find a parking lot? I guess there are many around stadium, so it is just about distance and price? How much should I expect? And then tailgating – all the parking lots are “open”, so we may just wander around and watch crazy Bills fans? Any chance that we as randoms get offered some wings from fans? 😊

Any advice (even about something I didn’t mention) is appreciated!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Hi there. This year is finally it and my wife and I are coming to MNF vs Titans as our first ever live Bills game from Slovakia in Europe 😊 I appreciate some advice. I found this thread and figured I can us it instead of starting another one.

1.       Things to see/do around. Anything worth visiting in wider area? I am talking mainly nature, but anything else might be interesting. We are coming from NYC and plan to stop at Watkins Glen. I’ve been to Niagara Falls in the past and surely check it again. This time I plan to spend more time there, and it seems that Devils Hole SP + Whirlpool SP, as well as Fort Niagara SP are nice place to visit. Anything else? I mean borh around Buffalo/Falls as well as on the way from NYC to Buffalo and back.

2.       Things to see/do in Buffalo. Anything what is “must see” in Buffalo itself? Looking for any advice. Any park/museum/building/whatever worth seeing?

3.       Wings and football. Sunday before game we’d like to watch other NFL games in some bar and obviously try wings 😊 There is already some advice on these bars in this thread, so just making sure – all these places have lots of TVs and you can watch football there, right? Any special recommendation with this in mind?

4.       Tailgating. Just to understand how it works – if I come 3 hours before kickoff, is there a problem to find a parking lot? I guess there are many around stadium, so it is just about distance and price? How much should I expect? And then tailgating – all the parking lots are “open”, so we may just wander around and watch crazy Bills fans? Any chance that we as randoms get offered some wings from fans? 😊

Any advice (even about something I didn’t mention) is appreciated!

https://thestadiumreviews.com/parking/highmark-stadium/#:~:text=If you plan to park,to watch their team play.

You are more than welcome to come over to the Hammer lot. Or park in the hammer lot. Lot is going to open around 10am for TBD PEOPLE 

put a TBD IN BIG LETTERS ON DASH. 
always a ton of food at the TBD tailgate in Hammer Lot. 

BRING YOUR DRINKS everyone is very generous on sharing food 

can see Pinto Ron and other super fans.  

or you can pick up a sub at wegmans 

Edited by mead107
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 5/18/2022 at 1:06 AM, Gugny said:

Heady Topper isn't even the best Alchemist beer, let alone best beer in VT.  I'll take a Focal Banger over a Heady any day.  I'll be exploring other VT breweries this summer!!

Fear not, I'll have the goods in my Beer Me belt! 🙌   Also, I can not confirm a Captain Buffalo Vermont sighting a couple weeks ago, pretty sure he has ALL the VT beers... 🤣

And OP, get ready - you're coming to the rare night time opener!  Remember, just because the game starts at 7:15pm, does NOT mean the tailgate still doesn't start at 7:15am.  It's gonna be a long day, you might want to pack a spare liver!! 🙏

Regardless, DEF stop by Hammer's Lot and the TBDHOT - get yelled at by Hammer, meet the messageboard nerds, shake hands with that one dude that always posts the bad takes that you hate, marvel at the Pinto, and of course eat and drink waaaaay too much.  That's the real beauty of the HOT - this board packs enough food and drink for, well the entire board (and some of these folks can cook way better than they can post!) 🔥

It's going to be such a great weekend, I can not WAIT to see everyone once again (I'm going to try to not break my foot off my leg this year, so that I can be there in more than Big Head cut-out format) ❤️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Fear not, I'll have the goods in my Beer Me belt! 🙌   Also, I can not confirm a Captain Buffalo Vermont sighting a couple weeks ago, pretty sure he has ALL the VT beers... 🤣

And OP, get ready - you're coming to the rare night time opener!  Remember, just because the game starts at 7:15pm, does NOT mean the tailgate still doesn't start at 7:15am.  It's gonna be a long day, you might want to pack a spare liver!! 🙏

Regardless, DEF stop by Hammer's Lot and the TBDHOT - get yelled at by Hammer, meet the messageboard nerds, shake hands with that one dude that always posts the bad takes that you hate, marvel at the Pinto, and of course eat and drink waaaaay too much.  That's the real beauty of the HOT - this board packs enough food and drink for, well the entire board (and some of these folks can cook way better than they can post!) 🔥

It's going to be such a great weekend, I can not WAIT to see everyone once again (I'm going to try to not break my foot off my leg this year, so that I can be there in more than Big Head cut-out format) ❤️

Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance for this game.  I will, however, be at the Steelers game in Week 5 (at Hammer's) if you're going to be around!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance for this game.  I will, however, be at the Steelers game in Week 5 (at Hammer's) if you're going to be around!!

Well, WTF, you're blowing Gug!  Guess we'll have to consume for you... 🥃

Sadly, I'll be out of town for the Pittsburgh game (not as sadly, I'll be in Venice, not CA).  I'm actually a little sad I won't be around - I wanted to have my Pittsburgh crew come up after they so graciously hosted us in '19.  🙏🤣  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

1.       Things to see/do around. Anything worth visiting in wider area? I am talking mainly nature, but anything else might be interesting. We are coming from NYC and plan to stop at Watkins Glen. I’ve been to Niagara Falls in the past and surely check it again. This time I plan to spend more time there, and it seems that Devils Hole SP + Whirlpool SP, as well as Fort Niagara SP are nice place to visit. Anything else? I mean both around Buffalo/Falls as well as on the way from NYC to Buffalo and back.

I hope you realize New York is a big state.  You'll need a couple days travel each way if you plan on stopping anywhere between NYC and Buffalo for sightseeing. 

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

https://thestadiumreviews.com/parking/highmark-stadium/#:~:text=If you plan to park,to watch their team play.

You are more than welcome to come over to the Hammer lot. Or park in the hammer lot. Lot is going to open around 10am for TBD PEOPLE 

put a TBD IN BIG LETTERS ON DASH. 
always a ton of food at the TBD tailgate in Hammer Lot. 

BRING YOUR DRINKS everyone is very generous on sharing food 

can see Pinto Ron and other super fans.  

or you can pick up a sub at wegmans 

Thanks man. We will come probably no sooner than 4 hours before the game since we will stop in Buffalo before to see something so I guess Hammer's lot will be full by then. But we'll try to park somewhere and walk there.

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I hope you realize New York is a big state.  You'll need a couple days travel each way if you plan on stopping anywhere between NYC and Buffalo for sightseeing. 

Haha I can see how big it is. But this won't be an issue. The day we fly in we'll rent a car and get out of NY, probably to Scranton, PA, where I booked a room. From there it is just 4,5 hours to Buffalo, so plenty of time to spend almost whole day in Watkins Glen. Same thing on the way back, where we are just looking for a place to stop. So any tips are appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thanks man. We will come probably no sooner than 4 hours before the game since we will stop in Buffalo before to see something so I guess Hammer's lot will be full by then. But we'll try to park somewhere and walk there.

Haha I can see how big it is. But this won't be an issue. The day we fly in we'll rent a car and get out of NY, probably to Scranton, PA, where I booked a room. From there it is just 4,5 hours to Buffalo, so plenty of time to spend almost whole day in Watkins Glen. Same thing on the way back, where we are just looking for a place to stop. So any tips are appreciated.

Corning might be a good stop - I've had some nice lunches there.  There's also the Glass Museum, though I've never been.  Letchworth is amazing if you want to hike and check out nature! 🌲

I'd also say, you can also find a ton of fun right in Buffalo!  As someone who's not actually from there, but spent a couple weeks there a year ago I really enjoyed walking and seeing Canalside, checking the ships, by the waterfront.  Right in the city, there's a Charlie the Butcher's (express) in the Ellicott Square building (which has an amazing lobby and you should eat a CtB Beef on Weck), Mitsua Chow's, Graylynn, Big Ditch Brewing, and Lucky Day are hip.  Resurgence Brewing and Hartman's distillery are worth checking.  You can go up to Allentown and see what the kids are up to, keep going north and get some banging sushi at Kunis.  Take a tour of Frank Loyd Wright's Martin House (or just drool from the outside).  🙌

Then for the game, definitely come to Hammer's - TBD will be in the front, left.  There's always tons of beer and food and this group is, above else, a generous bunch!  🍗🍻

Oh yeah, and other Buffalo foods to try (depending on your coronary health) - Ted's Hot Dogs, Mighty Taco, Stinger Sub @ Jim's Steak Out, Anderson's Custard... 👍

Can't wait - Let's Go, Buffalo!!! :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, Nextmanup said:

I think it's just a case of people wanting to suggest they "know better" and have the "inside scoop" on where the  *really* good wings are.

I was visiting family in Seattle some years ago, and saw the fish market where they famously throw the fish around.

My cousin's husband (Seattle native) had to go out of his way to tell me "real people in Seattle" don't go there or consider it the best fish market in town---that was another one which he named.

It's the same phenomenon as the wing thing in Buffalo.

What would a New England sports teams fan like you know about good wings?   Stick to chowda and baked bean recommendations.

Bar Bill gets the great reviews because it is consistently excellent.    If you think BB's rep is people trying to show they have the "inside scoop" you clearly don't know.  

On a given day any decent place can put out some equally good batches but if you are going to direct someone to a place one time then BB is a great choice because it's almost certain they will be top notch.

15 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Corning might be a good stop - I've had some nice lunches there.  There's also the Glass Museum, though I've never been.  Letchworth is amazing if you want to hike and check out nature! 🌲

I'd also say, you can also find a ton of fun right in Buffalo!  As someone who's not actually from there, but spent a couple weeks there a year ago I really enjoyed walking and seeing Canalside, checking the ships, by the waterfront.  Right in the city, there's a Charlie the Butcher's (express) in the Ellicott Square building (which has an amazing lobby and you should eat a CtB Beef on Weck), Mitsua Chow's, Graylynn, Big Ditch Brewing, and Lucky Day are hip.  Resurgence Brewing and Hartman's distillery are worth checking.  You can go up to Allentown and see what the kids are up to, keep going north and get some banging sushi at Kunis.  Take a tour of Frank Loyd Wright's Martin House (or just drool from the outside).  🙌

Then for the game, definitely come to Hammer's - TBD will be in the front, left.  There's always tons of beer and food and this group is, above else, a generous bunch!  🍗🍻

Oh yeah, and other Buffalo foods to try (depending on your coronary health) - Ted's Hot Dogs, Mighty Taco, Stinger Sub @ Jim's Steak Out, Anderson's Custard... 👍

Can't wait - Let's Go, Buffalo!!! :beer: 

how about any local bakeries where I can go and get pastries and desserts. That type of thing. What are the options in orchard park? 

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

For something unique to the Finger Lakes region, Naples is between Watkins Glen and Buffalo.  Stop at Cindy's Pies and get a grape pie...

Cindy's Grape Pies

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.