(Rumor) Drew Brees hinting at a comeback

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Those guys were no joke! My great grampa was a Frogman and always had the coolest stories. Was simultaneously one of the sweetest guys I ever knew, while being a strong batch of vinegar at the same time haha

I remember him tearing my dad a new one (in his 80s) after my dad brought him a fresh beer, something about- if you think I can't walk to the cooler to get my own, you'll be the one asking for help getting to the cooler 😆

Yeh the few stories often told by his brothers are cool and I remember trying to take him down as a teenager with my two teenage brothers... he had this little glint in eye, did some serpentine thing with his arms while stating its all in the leverage sons... Before we knew it myself and my middle brother were on our backs with my youngest in a full nelson... to the day I have no idea how I got there... he was in his 50s at that point

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

dance pa dance.

Just for Weo Man.

Oh and a great pre workout song while driving to gym at an ungodly hour in the morning to wake up.

Hopefully Milano or Poyer

listens to this song before the SB against Brady this year.  

Mama said knock you out!

makin his tears rain down like a monsoon...

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, london_bills said:

Alot of boxers unretire, must be something to do with the adrenaline they miss.

Or you know... brain damage.

12 hours ago, 716 said:

Are you saying Ralph is cheap? 🤔

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If Nate freakin' Peterman still has a job then why can't Brees? 

Fun relevant fact:

Jim Kelly career earnings: $21.78 million

Nathan Peterman career earnings:  $4.49 million

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

makin his tears rain down like a monsoon...

Living in Tampa, for my sons and friends I had to come around on Brady as he was the driving force in Tampa becoming a winner again, but watching Milano even if he gets a 15 yrd penalty to just pancake Brady knocking him to the sideline.  No serious injuries or anything as I think that is wrong even for Brady, but ringing his bell for the second half of a  SB.

All kidding aside, Brees is not coming back.  This is nothing more than an analyst sees he’s not being taken back for NBC so he makes a wild accusation he’s coming back.  Then others pile on and say he should be released from New Orleans.  Like that would happen.

Edited by machine gun kelly

11 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If Nate freakin' Peterman still has a job then why can't Brees? 

Because he has no arm strength, did you watch the guy throw a pass during his last season?  Even Peterman has a stronger arm, ya see,  age came to say hello, can’t do anything about that. He evidently didn’t keep up on his Tommy boy Peds regime, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Because he has no arm strength, did you watch the guy throw a pass during his last season?  Even Naterman has a stronger arm, ya see,  age came to say hello, can’t do anything about that. He evidently didn’t keep up on his Tommy boy Peds regime, 😁👍

Did someone come calling? 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Did someone come calling? 

?? Adjusted just for you 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, Limeaid said:

Jimmy Buffet does that?  He is only 75.  Maybe he is trying to keep his mind sharp. 

Amazing he has time to do that when practicing for upcoming concerts.

Jimbo considered coming back and playing for Baltimore but after exploration turned it down.

And I think it is a lot easier for QBs to come out of retirement now with less hitting of QB, less checking of supplements (and having a good agent who warns you about tests) and lots more money where backups are making more than some starters a few years earlier.

No word on Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Good chance Jimbo wouldn’t have passed the physical. His body was beat to hell and has concussion problems and admitted he lost interest in playing once Kent retired. He was a shell of his former self in 96. Now would he have been better than Testaverde ? Absolutely but at that time in his career, thats not saying much. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Good chance Jimbo wouldn’t have passed the physical. His body was beat to hell and has concussion problems and admitted he lost interest in playing once Kent retired. He was a shell of his former self in 96. Now would he have been better than Dilfer? Absolutely but at that time in his career, thats not saying much. 

Trent Dilfer was not QB that year 1996 so what does have to do this?

Jimbo partly wanted to go there because Ted Marchibroda was head coach replacing Bilicheat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.