(Rumor) Drew Brees hinting at a comeback

I kind of figured the last few years, the 1 year “retirement” thing could become a trend. Whitten did it. Gronk did it and kind of messes around with it and the idea of it all the time now. Take that 1 year. Reset, give your body a break. And then come back fresh for another chance at it. You can’t beat Father Time but giving your body a year off might prolong a guys career.

• Agree 4

More power to him. All the comments about 'knowing when to shut it down' are coming from normal rational people.

You don't get to the NFL, and you don't get to Brees level by being normal or rational. These guys are mental machines, they don't know how to turn it off even if they desperately wanted too.

Reminds me of Buffet. Why in the heck does this dude get up at 3am start reading stock articles in newspapers, and all the crap he does. -You're 180 years old, stop, relax-.

These guys don't have that switch me and you do. Clinical definition of workaholic!

Hell I'd like to see Brees come back with a year of rest (and hgh to rejuvenate everything). I'd bet he can come in and play well still. But thats just me and MHO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

More power to him. All the comments about 'knowing when to shut it down' are coming from normal rational people.

You don't get to the NFL, and you don't get to Brees level by being normal or rational. These guys are mental machines, they don't know how to turn it off even if they desperately wanted too.

Reminds me of Buffet. Why in the heck does this dude get up at 3am start reading stock articles in newspapers, and all the crap he does. -You're 180 years old, stop, relax-.

These guys don't have that switch me and you do. Clinical definition of workaholic!

Hell I'd like to see Brees come back with a year of rest (and hgh to rejuvenate everything). I'd bet he can come in and play well still. But thats just me and MHO

Well Dan and Jim knew when to walk away. And they never bothered coming back after they retired 

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

Miami expectation: get Sean Payton as coach and TB12 as QB and part-owner

Miami reality: maybe look at Drew Brees at QB and still be fully owned by Josh Allen

Except Tom Brady wouldn’t be able to wear # 12 in Miami

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think the saints still own the rights to him. So if he was actually going to come back I’m sure it would have to be for the saints only or he stays retired.

Can they fit him in under the cap?  Maybe he's counting on them having to release him, I know they've been in cap hell for a while.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well Dan and Jim knew when to walk away. And they never bothered coming back after they retired 

Different Era. Different treatments for injury. Better understanding of nutrition (and chemistry). Today's game for a quarterback has tipped: cerebral skill > athletic skill.

These dudes can hang on a little longer in a less physical game, and get by with a better understanding of the game than others, who are more athletic.

[Again IMO, anyone feel free to disagree]

• Agree 2

Just now, Captain Caveman said:

Can they fit him in under the cap?  Maybe he's counting on them having to release him, I know they've been in cap hell for a while.

Somehow magically they got out of cap hell and signed and resigned most of their FAs. They did lose Armstead to Miami though and that’s definitely a big hit on their offense. But I think Armsteads departure saved them quite a bit of money and Brees took a pay cut before retiring it wouldn’t be that big of a hit on their cap

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Different Era. Different treatments for injury. Better understanding of nutrition (and chemistry). Today's game for a quarterback has tipped: cerebral skill > athletic skill.

These dudes can hang on a little longer in a less physical game, and get by with a better understanding of the game than others, who are more athletic.

[Again IMO, anyone feel free to disagree]

I agree but Brees looked done in his last season. Both Winston and Hill had more playing time than Brees during his last year. At some point you have to know when to walk away. I’d hate to see Brees come back just to be a complete shadow of his former self. 

• Agree 1

Drew was an all-timer, but his arm was unquestionably shot his last season, a la Peyton Manning’s last hurrah. I guess if you want a payday you’ll get it still on rep alone, but realistically he’s going to likely struggle if he doesn’t have a powerful running complement on O.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just retire. These guys are exhausting. Not the same level but Andrew whitworth said today he isn’t closing the door on a comeback. I know it’s a hard decision but they made it for a reason and they need to understand when it’s time. 

Hahahahahaha, just noticed what your new avatar is.  That’s your boy!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not sure he can play well, maybe the year off helps, but he definitely lost "it".

That said I completely agree about these guys mentality. 

40 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Jimmy?

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.