Melvin Ingram to Miami

BillsMafi$

33 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Phins are going to become media darlings like the Browns before they imploded. I expect the same in Miami with Tua. 

I didn’t read your post before I said the same. I fully agree. The Phins have a good roster, but the NFL is about QB’s. Compare Tua with other AFC QB’s, and that tells you where Miami will be in the standings. 

The Phins will be darlings until Super Allen destroys them by 2 scores, but really not close as we lead the whole game.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Hubris for the team to underestimate the Dolphins which I don’t think in a million years they would.

Meaningless if a fan underestimates the dolphins because we have no effect on the game, neither how it’s played nor the outcome.

Yea I don't underestimate any team. Any given Sunday is a cliche for a reason.  I'm just happy that the Dolphins know their place, which is to help get the Bills ready for the post season by them some legit competition for the Bills to practice on. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ogbah and Wilkins are good to very good players on their D line.

Ogbah is a good situational pass rusher but he is a liability playing the run. Wilkins is a good player but he isn't a star. 

44 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I think that Jevon Holland is going to be a player. He impressed me every time I saw him last year. 

Yea agree. But he has a ways to go still.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good motivation for Dion Dawkins.    He's not real fond of Ingram, as I recall.   Hopefully the media makes note to remind Dion of the pressure Ingram got playing against Dawkins in the opener last season.    That was basically the only high point of his brief Steelers career.

He was killing Spencer Brown in the playoff game too. Josh’s incredible 4th and 3 scramble was set up by Ingram destroying Brown in half a second flat.  

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

4 teams in 3 years……

29 Tackles and 2 sacks in that timeframe!!!!

Why is this news????!!!!

AJ Epenesa has 28 Tackles 2.5 sacks in last 2 years. 

I actually had to look this up- he was great from 2015-17 but not even average since.

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think it is a mistake, and an act of hubris, to underestimate our division rivals this year.

The gap has clearly closed. 

Humble and hungry must remain the mind set

Well until the Jets get a QB that’s worth a damn I will continue to underestimate the New Jersey Jets. As well as NE, I think it was pretty obvious that snow blizzard game definitely affected his confidence In The 2nd half of last season. Not worried in the slightest of either Jones or Wilson

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

5 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think it is a mistake, and an act of hubris, to underestimate our division rivals this year.

The gap has CLEARLY CLOSED ?? 
Did they get a QB who can go toe 2 toe with Josh Allen ?? 

Jerk

7 hours ago, CNYfan said:

we can think whatever we want, its the team that needs to not overlook anyone. That said we're the best and they suck 😜😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Just a little history here the Bills are 14-4 against the Fins in the last 18. Pre Josh included. I'm not saying the Bills can't lose to them. BUT I like their chances alot to beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

KC used the rare RFA tag on Ingram a while back.

It suggests KC understood they weren't likely to be able to resign him, but placing the tag allowed for the following

1.  KC would have right to match any contract offer (not likely, KC doesn't have much cap space)

2. If Ingram remained unsigned up to the start of camp (an actual date around that time) then KC would retain exclusive negotiating rights, like a franchise tag and Ingram would have a 1 year deal for 4.2 million as a condition of this tag.

3.  If signed, Ingram would figure into the FA compensation formula even though the date for that for all UDFA has now passed.

Basically, KC understood Ingram was very likely to get an offer above 4.2 million for this year, but if he didn't, KC could afford him at that rate and would want to keep him for that...but ultimately, KC gets a wee bit of draft pick comp as he has signed elsewhwere...most likely in the 6th round comp pick range.

I'd like to have seen KC retain him.  He played well once we traded for him.  

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'd like to have seen KC retain him.  He played well once we traded for him.  

I remember as he strip sacked Allen in the divisional round.  Do you think Clowney is a possibility for the Chiefs?

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember as he strip sacked Allen in the divisional round.  Do you think Clowney is a possibility for the Chiefs?

I probably have much more subdued hopes for that than the average Chiefs fan.  Clowney has reached full on mercenary status at this point.  He'll wait for camps to start and some team with more money than KC has, will feel he upgrades their DE situation and pay him on a 1 year deal.

I suppose that team could be KC, but it is entirely out of the question unless KC can sign Orlando Brown to a new deal that would clear cap space.

I think unfortunately, KC is going to head into 2022 with Karlaftis and Clark as starters, and Mike Danna, Josh Kaindoh (a 4th round pick last year who was, and still is a major project and question mark) and some other JAGS at DE.  Karlaftis is going to need to really be something......and it's not a good that KC is counting on that....Clowney would be a good addition...but I don't see it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

He was killing Spencer Brown in the playoff game too. Josh’s incredible 4th and 3 scramble was set up by Ingram destroying Brown in half a second flat.  

So basically it doesn't matter they got Ingram b.c Josh is just that good.

12 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Yes for the players but I don't see any player here.

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good motivation for Dion Dawkins.    He's not real fond of Ingram, as I recall.   Hopefully the media makes note to remind Dion of the pressure Ingram got playing against Dawkins in the opener last season.    That was basically the only high point of his brief Steelers career.

Dawkins was still shaking off the ‘Rona virus at the time too. I remember a few “sHoULd wE Be cOncErNeD wiTh daWkiNS?!” posts early on. He got better as the season went on. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

4 teams in 3 years……

29 Tackles and 2 sacks in that timeframe!!!!

Why is this news????!!!!

AJ Epenesa has 28 Tackles 2.5 sacks in last 2 years. 

Surprised at the stat but pressures still wreak havoc on an offense and he certainly left his mark against us in 2021. Another one of those guys where stats just don't paint the full picture

53 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Surprised at the stat but pressures still wreak havoc on an offense and he certainly left his mark against us in 2021. Another one of those guys where stats just don't paint the full picture

Von Miller over that same span, 144 tackles and 32 Sacks…..  

vs 29 and 2 for Ingram. 

He’s a solid veteran presence…. It’s just annoying cause I had a buddy reach out after the news broke saying “Dolphins are gonna be tough to beat”….. why? Not cause of Ingram! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.