Titans OT Taylor Lewan says players pay PFF for higher grades

Einstein

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why would anyone need to “despise” something like PFF?

how is it possible to be that worked up over it?

weird

You should be asking PFF that question with regards to Buffalo 

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, I suspect his allegation is more of an  "I'm a well known PED cheat myself........so I know a cheat when I see one".  ;)

Agreed. I was more so referring to the individual in general. Guy like that would never survive in the Buffalo locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tuna fish is an inexpensive and nourishing high protein food.  Tuna fish, Perry's Frozen Yogurt, what's next, hate Apple Pie?

I'm not sure what play you're talking about, but Eric Wood did a segment where he pointed out why sometimes players get treated by teams (extended, asked to take salary cuts) in a way discordant with their PFF ratings.

His example was a play where he was graded as apparently whiffing on a blocker.  He was playing next to Richie Incognito (no rookie) whose assignment it was to block that guy.  The Bills won, and Wood said he and Richie joked afterwards that PFF would assign the fault to him (Wood). 

They did.

It's the reason why I personally feel that PFF's OL and DL grades are particularly to be taken with a large grain of salt.

Grain? Dump truck of salt.

6 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

If it turns out there is something to it, Chris Collinsworth could find himself in some doodoo with the network.  I suspect the league would be unhappy with him too.  The league hates controversy with anyone connected with NFL football, and not just players. 

Unless Lewan is in possession of real evidence that PFF has taken bribes (which is highly unlikely), then he is probably the one that’s in trouble.  PFF is not a small business and that is a potentially very damaging accusation.  I am surprised we have not seen a retraction by now.  I’m sure he’s gotten a cease and desist letter from PFF’s lawyers discussing how slanderous his statements are and what the legal ramifications could be.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Unless Lewan is in possession of real evidence that PFF has taken bribes (which is highly unlikely), then he is probably the one that’s in trouble.  PFF is not a small business and that is a potentially very damaging accusation.  I am surprised we have not seen a retraction by now.  I’m sure he’s gotten a cease and desist letter from PFF’s lawyers discussing how slanderous his statements are and what the legal ramifications could be.

You’d better think long and hard before making such accusations. What is the most likely response from PFF? Can you prove it and stay safe? If the answer is “no”, it’s best to abort before opening your mouth. 

Beside that, what was to be gained? They hurt his feelings and he wants to strike out? Or maybe it’s true but he just can’t prove it. Still, what is to be gained? Looks like the best case is you don’t lose an expensive lawsuit. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

You should be asking PFF that question with regards to Buffalo 

Collinsworth

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

If true, there probably is no way to prove it.  There is also really no reason to share if you cant prove It.

Not a surprise if true.

Some people use checks when committing these heinous acts.

34 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

If true, there probably is no way to prove it.  There is also really no reason to share if you cant prove It.

Not a surprise if true.

Sure there is. Unless they are handing them 50k in cash.   Even still,  PFF would likely keep some sort of "of the books" records on who paid to inflate their rating. 

That's possibly ~1700 players only counting the 53 man roster. 

Even a tenth of that would be hard to believe they just take the money and just tick their number up a few points. 

They would likely expect a payment the following season and need to keep track. 

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Sure there is. Unless they are handing them 50k in cash.   Even still,  PFF would likely keep some sort of "of the books" records on who paid to inflate their rating. 

That's possibly ~1700 players only counting the 53 man roster. 

Even a tenth of that would be hard to believe they just take the money and just tick their number up a few points. 

They would likely expect a payment the following season and need to keep track. 

Or you could just bribe the ‘analysts’

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.