Titans OT Taylor Lewan says players pay PFF for higher grades

Einstein

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“[PFF] is a complete liability, it’s a lie,” says Lewan in the video. “Do you know there’s NFL football players who go and pay $50,000 a year to PFF so their numbers are inflated?”

https://atozsports.com/nashville/taylor-lewan-makes-statement-that-completely-discredits-pro-football-focus/

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Talk about going out of your way to find something to feel contempt about.

Errr....this is a thread about PFF allegedly taking "bribes" to inflate statistics?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“[PFF] is a complete liability, it’s a lie,” says Lewan in the video. “Do you know there’s NFL football players who go and pay $50,000 a year to PFF so their numbers are inflated?”

https://atozsports.com/nashville/taylor-lewan-makes-statement-that-completely-discredits-pro-football-focus/

Not a surprise really - I think there are teams that also get favorable grading over other teams.

The numbers don’t always match up to what the players talk about when listening.

I think the boost scores and don’t grade evenly across positions and styles.  

Oh well - I hope he has some proof that can comedown on the entire PFF model - get something neutral to actually grade plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Sorry Taylor, but if you're not pleased with your pff score, it's probably because you gave up 5 sacks week one vs Chandler Jones.

Yeah I think for good reason Lewan simply dislikes having stats associated with his name..........prefers the lesser standard of "perception" to having to execute well every down like positions with more statistical analysis.   He's a very inconsistent player.

But of course he used stats to start a twitter beef with Shaq Lawson back in 2019 after the Bills beat the Titans.

Pointed to stats to show that Shaq was a bust. 

Then Jordan Phillips pointed out that Lewan was suspended for PED's etc..

• Like (+1) 2

PFF, which is majority-owned by NBC’s Cris Collinsworth, ...

I didn't know that.

... offers exclusive services to NFL teams, agents, and college football programs. It’s reasonable to expect that teams and agents use PFF, to some degree, to determine a player’s value. If those grades are being inflated because of payments from players, then it throws the legitimacy of the entire business into question.

It might be reasonable to expect that teams use the raw data that PFF provides, but I doubt that they use PFF's opinions or overall ratings. Without knowing which "exclusive services" they offer, it's hard to know how much this would impact teams' decisions about players.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

giphy.gif

Errr....this is a thread about PFF allegedly taking "bribes" to inflate statistics?

why would anyone need to “despise” something like PFF?

how is it possible to be that worked up over it?

weird

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I also wish it hadn’t came out during a heated debate with someone else, people are more likely to say falsities under those conditions that aren’t immediately provable to bolster their argument. Has PFF responded? If untrue I’d expect them to go after Lewan for defamation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.