Racially motivated murder at Tops

14 minutes ago, TH3 said:

i dunno ...maybe people who want to own a firemarm prove they are responsible and capable enough to enough to own them and remain accountable for their possesions? 

Soooo.... the woman who's been threatened by her ex, of death, has to prove something before she can go buy a revolver to protect herself? Take a class? Wait a month? 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, I would not define it that way.  

And this terrorist had too easy of an access to this assault weapon, right? 

How would you define an assault weapon? Also purchases of AR-15's are illegal in NY so define easy? NY has some of the strictest gun laws in the entire country. I'm sure if a criminal wants to break the law they are able to figure out how to do it, yes I agree. That's why I have guns because I know the criminals do too

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, I would not define it that way.  

And this terrorist had too easy of an access to this assault weapon, right? 

Why not? It has the EXACT same rate of fire as an AR-15. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am really not shocked by the deflection, downplaying.  Totally expected the populist right to downplay and deflect. 

Same thing with Jan. 6th.  Usual suspects littering every corner of America. 

I know.   

Not talking about the perp.

Well no one on this board is downplaying such as heinous crime, the worst in Buffalo history and I believe the first since the City Grill shooting. ( correct me if I’m wrong ). Perpetrated by an outsider in a      (supposedly) racist town. What on earth does this have to do with the Jan 6th mass trespassing in which an unarmed White protester was killed by Capitol Police , pray tell? 

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Soooo.... the woman who's been threatened by her ex, of death, has to prove something before she can go buy a revolver to protect herself? Take a class? Wait a month? 

Right? I think TH3s criteria might be good for something like having a child, though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How would you define an assault weapon?

Also purchases of AR-15's are illegal in NY so define easy? NY has some of the strictest gun laws in the entire country. I'm sure if a criminal wants to break the law they are able to figure out how to do it, yes I agree. That's why I have guns because I know the criminals do too

I'm not sure about the definition exactly, but I don't think that would be a huge problem if they were were to be banned, which they wouldn't be. 

And state right's allow people to buy things in one state and use in another, so a federal ban would be better, imo. 

My solution would be to allow the makers of guns to be sued for their use in massacres like this . 

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

True. Tibs is right about one thing. He had easy access and shouldn’t have because of NYS Red Flag law. It didn’t do what it was supposed to, and Tibs should be on the phone to legislators through the night to find out why. 

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Good point, and as guns get more lethal, as they will, there might be a need to go after those, too. 

Like I said, those victims families should be able to sue the seller, manufacturer and others who got this kid his gun, imo 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

True. Tibs is right about one thing. He had easy access and shouldn’t have because of NYS Red Flag law. It didn’t do what it was supposed to, and Tibs should be on the phone to legislators through the night to find out why. 

Just let the victims families sue them 

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am really not shocked by the deflection, downplaying.  Totally expected the populist right to downplay and deflect. 

Same thing with Jan. 6th.  Usual suspects littering every corner of America. 

I know.   

Not talking about the perp.

Buffalo is decidedly Democrat... But the suburbs and countryside... Conservative...

Some suburbs. Look into it. Anyway what is your point? Again this has never happened here, and the criminal was not from the area. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not sure about the definition exactly, but I don't think that would be a huge problem if they were were to be banned, which they wouldn't be. 

And state right's allow people to buy things in one state and use in another, so a federal ban would be better, imo. 

My solution would be to allow the makers of guns to be sued for their use in massacres like this . 

Why exactly? Should the people of Nice, France be allowed to sue Renault?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That's part of what I'm trying to explain is that there isn't an easy way for the federal government to ban them. The wording and definition is everything. If they simply say all assault weapons are banned then that could be all guns, knives, hammers, whatever they want. If they say guns that are semi automatic then that is pretty much all guns. It's not as easy as just don't have whatever gun you or someone else thinks shouldn't be allowed. Even in NY there are loopholes to their AR-15 ban. You can buy them in other states as mentioned, you can build them yourself out of parts, you can make the magazine fixed so it doesn't detach, you can make the stock not adjustable. Clearly it didn't stop this kid from getting one. Even with the automatic ban, pretty much all criminals are able to modify a gun to fire automatic. So now the criminals have automatic weapons and the upstanding citizens trying to protect their families don't. Doesn't seem fair

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why exactly? Should the people of Nice, France be allowed to sue Renault?

This is one reason why Tibs is such a fool. The gun did what it was supposed to do- the trigger was pulled and it fired. The gun doesn’t know if it’s aimed at a target , a criminal etc. Should a vehicle manufacturer be sued by people whose family members were killed by the nut job who drove through a crowd? Focus on the criminals please! But hey, Libs rarely do. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is one reasonwhy Tibs is such a fool. The gun did what it was supposed to do- the trigger was pulled and it fired. The gun doesn’t know if it’s aimed at a target , a criminal etc. Should a vehicle manufacturer be sued by people whose family members were killed by the nut job who drove through a crowd? Focus on the criminals please! But hey, Libs rarely do. 

Same thing with knives or hell, hammers. 

443 people were killed by hammers in 2019. That's more than killed by ALL rifles the same year. 

I see enough common ground supporting stricter enforcement of red flag laws. I don’t understand how this kid, who was already identified to the point of having mental health professionals opening a case, passed an instant check to purchase a rifle two months ago. That’s a flawed system. He was explicitly threatening this.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

443 people were killed by hammers in 2019. That's more than killed by ALL rifles the same year. 

Wow, I truly didn’t know that. I don’t recall any outrage. Again , lost lives are diminished when we only care about the motives and weapons used. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow, I truly didn’t know that. I don’t recall any outrage. Again , lost lives are diminished when we only care about the motives and weapons used

AMEN. Most accurate thing said in this entire post. 

13 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The owners of hammers are clearly racist. My dad used to be a member of the rotary club and he said everyone in the 80's had hammers in their toolbox. Enough said

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

The owners of hammers are clearly racist. My dad used to be a member of the rotary club and he said everyone in the 80's had hammers in their toolbox. Enough said

That's what I was worried about. Time to ban hammers... including MC. 

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Some suburbs. Look into it. Anyway what is your point? Again this has never happened here, and the criminal was not from the area. 

Never happened in BFLo? Where have you been?

The .22 Caliber Killer, 1980 was a racially motivated killing spree in BFLo area. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Christopher

"Collin Cole, 37, was attacked in a Buffalo hospital on October 10. A white man matching the description of the .22 Caliber Killer tried to strangle him to death. Cole said the man snarled, "I hate n*****s" at him before trying to kill him. He was saved by the arrival of a nurse, and though severe damage had been done to his throat, he did survive the attack."

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's part of what I'm trying to explain is that there isn't an easy way for the federal government to ban them. The wording and definition is everything. If they simply say all assault weapons are banned then that could be all guns, knives, hammers, whatever they want. If they say guns that are semi automatic then that is pretty much all guns. It's not as easy as just don't have whatever gun you or someone else thinks shouldn't be allowed. Even in NY there are loopholes to their AR-15 ban. You can buy them in other states as mentioned, you can build them yourself out of parts, you can make the magazine fixed so it doesn't detach, you can make the stock not adjustable. Clearly it didn't stop this kid from getting one. Even with the automatic ban, pretty much all criminals are able to modify a gun to fire automatic. So now the criminals have automatic weapons and the upstanding citizens trying to protect their families don't. Doesn't seem fair

Just let victims sue the gun manufactures and others. Let the courts and juries decide n an individual basis who did something wrong 

• Agree 1