Racially motivated murder at Tops

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Sorta correct. Biden's anti crime and drug bills from the early 90s leading to mass incarceration for minorities leading them to being unemployable due to criminal records has wreaked havoc.  Resulting in minorities being poor and families torn apart with parents in prison.  

Goes way back before that. Centuries, indeed. But ya, the war of drugs was bad 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Goes way back before that. Centuries, indeed. But ya, the war of drugs was bad 

13 mass shootings since the buffalo one. 12 dead, 56 wounded. None connected to white supremacy. Why no new laws coming from the dems on these? 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

13 mass shootings since the buffalo one. 12 dead, 56 wounded. None connected to white supremacy. Why no new laws coming from the dems on these? 

Indirectly connected, poverty, racism and guns..oh my! 

17 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Poverty causes someone to shoot up a high school graduation outside NOLA? 

Not directly, but a history of hate and poverty sure could create a situation where someone would be more violent 

You don’t think racism was that big a deal I take it? 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not directly, but a history of hate and poverty sure could create a situation where someone would be more violent 

Is racism the cause of the weekly carnage in Chicago? Or the recent shooting in a Taiwanese church?  Give it up with the racism crap! 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is racism the cause of the weekly carnage in Chicago? Or the recent shooting in a Taiwanese church?  Give it up with the racism crap! 

Chicago, ya. Know the history of blacks in Chicago? 

Oh, so you think racism was nothing? 

Racists want to act like racism was nothing. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Chicago, ya. Know the history of blacks in Chicago? 

Oh, so you think racism was nothing? 

Racists want to act like racism was nothing. 

The more you keep tossing that word around the less impact it has. Racism was real and you’re hurting your cause by watering it down…but go ahead and diminish if it gives you some momentary pleasure. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The more you keep tossing that word around the less impact it has. Racism was real and you’re hurting your cause by watering it down…but go ahead and diminish if it gives you some momentary pleasure. 

Me? Ya, its me. 

Watering it down? You just say things just to say them.  No meaning behind the words. 

Aren't you the guy who says he listens to right wing radio? 

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

WAS it a big deal? Absolutely. Will it, unfortunately always be here (everywhere in the world)? Yes... it will. 

Is that the reason idiots are shooting each other in the streets? No. 

Socioeconomics due to a direct result of single parent homes is the reason IMO (I have a sociology/criminal justice undergrad degree, clinical mental health masters). There is a victim mentality across the board in all walks of life. No one should tell someone else, based on race... ethnicity... sex.... etc... that they are victims and that they don't have a shot in life. It's bogus in 2022. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Me? Ya, its me. 

Watering it down? You just say things just to say them.  No meaning behind the words. 

Aren't you the guy who says he listens to right wing radio? 

I listen to a lot of things. I also have two highly successful black business partners who say you’re full of crap! 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

WAS it a big deal? Absolutely. Will it, unfortunately always be here (everywhere in the world)? Yes... it will. 

Is that the reason idiots are shooting each other in the streets? No. 

Socioeconomics due to a direct result of single parent homes is the reason IMO (I have a sociology/criminal justice undergrad degree, clinical mental health masters). There is a victim mentality across the board in all walks of life. No one should tell someone else, based on race... ethnicity... sex.... etc... that they are victims and that they don't have a shot in life. It's bogus in 2022. 

Yes! And why were black families hurt more by single parenthood? Racism. Black males not being allowed to have decent jobs sure hurts people. Having that in your history makes it part of the culture and things just do not change over night. Like I said, violence is a direct result of a group of people being segregated and impoverished. Let that happen for a long period of time and things will not turn out well 

History isn't all in the past 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I listen to a lot of things. I also have two highly successful black business partners who say you’re full of crap! 

Good for them, happy to hear. Many other blacks would disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes! And why were black families hurt more by single parenthood? Racism. Black males not being allowed to have decent jobs sure hurts people. Having that in your history makes it part of the culture and things just do not change over night. Like I said, violence is a direct result of a group of people being segregated and impoverished. Let that happen for a long period of time and things will not turn out well 

History isn't all in the past 

Bullsh*t

Pre-1960's, the single parent home for black families was under 10%. Today its at over 70% (all races are up to be transparent). What took place around that time? Welfare expansion... which took place during the JFK administration. 

Quote from Paul E. Peterson (Harvard professor).. “welfare assistance went to mothers so long as no male was boarding in the household… Marriage to an employed male, even one earning the minimum wage, placed at risk a mother’s economic well-being.” Infamous “man in the house” rules meant that welfare workers would randomly appear in homes to check and see if the mother was accurately reporting her family-status. He added, “estimated that in 1975 a household head would have to earn $20,000 a year to have more resources than what could be obtained from Great Society programs.” In today’s dollars, that’s over $90,000 per year in earnings. “The government paid mothers to keep fathers out of the home—and paid them well.” 

https://www.educationnext.org/government-subsidize-not-tax-marriage/

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good for them, happy to hear. Many other blacks would disagree. 

People blaming other people for their lot in life has been going on since the Dawn of time. It’s not unique to blacks or to the United States. Learn to tune it out.

Be the best person you can be, every single day.
Go to church (or get solid moral instruction on a regular basis.)

Do not do drugs. 

Study in school.

Work really hard.

Do not go into debt, and if you do, sacrifice almost everything for awhile to get out of it. 
Stay married if you choose to get married. 

Do not have children if you’re not prepared to raise them. 

It’s the tried and true recipe for success, no matter what color skin you happen to have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People blaming other people for their lot in life has been going on since the Dawn of time. It’s not unique to blacks or to the United States. Learn to tune it out.

Do not do drugs. 

Study in school.

Work really hard.

Do not go into debt, and if you do, sacrifice almost everything for awhile to get out of it. 

It’s the tried and true recipe for success, no matter what color skin you happen to have.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ben-Carson

7 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Bullsh*t

Pre-1960's, the single parent home for black families was under 10%. Today its at over 70% (all races are up to be transparent). What took place around that time? Welfare expansion... which took place during the JFK administration. 

Quote from Paul E. Peterson (Harvard professor).. “welfare assistance went to mothers so long as no male was boarding in the household… Marriage to an employed male, even one earning the minimum wage, placed at risk a mother’s economic well-being.” Infamous “man in the house” rules meant that welfare workers would randomly appear in homes to check and see if the mother was accurately reporting her family-status. He added, “estimated that in 1975 a household head would have to earn $20,000 a year to have more resources than what could be obtained from Great Society programs.” In today’s dollars, that’s over $90,000 per year in earnings. “The government paid mothers to keep fathers out of the home—and paid them well.” 

https://www.educationnext.org/government-subsidize-not-tax-marriage/

Why did this effect black families more that white? Because black men had been denied the ability to build up human capital, family wealth and connections in the larger economy and society. Of course they would have suffered more from that trend which also hit white families. Would a black family, that could have achieved middle class status before 1960, if they were allowed real jobs, of even thought about welfare? Probably not. But having poverty forced on them by racist policies hurt them long term 

For instance, had a black guy who was interested in the law been able to pursue that dream, the welfare question would of been moot. Does that makes sense? 

Put another way. Of course the welfare polices would hurt blacks more because poverty was enforced on them almost as a whole. 

Right? 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do not do drugs. 

Study in school.

Work really hard.

It's just a fact, blacks had poverty enforced upon them. Of course that going to have effects going forward in many different ways 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's just a fact, blacks had poverty enforced upon them. Of course that going to have effects going forward in many different ways 

I give you the basic ‘how to’ list and you come back with this?

People come to this country every single day from all over the world, and from every race, religion and creed, and in a state of abject ‘shirt  on their back’ poverty. Some will succeed and others will not. Following ‘my’ llist has NOTHING to do with their past. It’s all about what they choose to do today, tomorrow, and every day going forward. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1