Racially motivated murder at Tops

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you believe whites are being replaced? Or any part of this crap? 

What kind of crackhead believes whites are being replaced. That's a pretty ridiculous statement even by PPP standards 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you believe whites are being replaced? Or any part of this crap? 

I don't think people are saying aliens are coming down and replacing white people or killing off white people... but there are studies that show "white people" in the United States and especially parts of Europe, will be the minority sooner than later. 

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I don't think people are saying aliens are coming down and replacing white people or killing off white people... but there are studies that show "white people" in the United States and especially parts of Europe, will be the minority sooner than later. 

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/

Yup, whites will be another minority. 

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

What kind of crackhead believes whites are being replaced. That's a pretty ridiculous statement even by PPP standards 

war on whitness thread...

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, whites will be another minority. 

war on whitness thread...

I think that's what they are meaning by "replacement". It's not a good term to use for the fact that whites will be a minority. 

I consider myself white even though I'm technically Chickasaw. Seems nearly half of Oklahoma have some Native blood.

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

I think that's what they are meaning by "replacement". It's not a good term to use for the fact that whites will be a minority. 

I consider myself white even though I'm technically Chickasaw. Seems nearly half of Oklahoma have some Native blood.

I used to be white.  Then I retired by the pool in the desert in January  

This whole skin color thing is ***** stupid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

It's more nefarious than that, involving Jews importing people to overturn the order, blah blah

I'm told I'm partly Cherokee, who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

So let's continue with the facts and look at this study in which participants were asked their political leaning and then asked the following..

So nearly half (44%) of self identified liberals estimate 1000 unarmed blacks were killed by police in 2019, when the actual number was 27. That's overestimating by almost 40 fold!

I wonder how so many are led to believe that there is a far, far greater problem than actually exists?

Nah, it couldn't be legacy media and social media that feeds this BS narrative day after day. They would never, ever publish disinformation in order to enhance public distrust in the police and further racial division. It couldn't be that.

^_^

Seems like a terrible way to conduct an accurate survey, why give them numbers at all, just ask them to give their estimation and then you can get your information from that data? I mean giving people a multiple choice with the options of: A)10 B)100 C)1,000 D) 10,000 E) >10,000 when the actual number is apparently 27 seems intentionally skewed for people to overestimate the number.

Also nice how it glosses over how 25% of people killed by police being black when that's twice their percentage of the population is terrible.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seems like a terrible way to conduct an accurate survey, why give them numbers at all, just ask them to give their estimation and then you can get your information from that data? I mean giving people a multiple choice with the options of: A)10 B)100 C)1,000 D) 10,000 E) >10,000 when the actual number is apparently 27 seems intentionally skewed for people to overestimate the number.

Also nice how it glosses over how 25% of people killed by police being black when that's twice their percentage of the population is terrible.

Could it correlate to how most murder and robberies are carried about by the black population? More police interactions are a direct cause of those numbers. It's astonishing considering yes, the black population makes up just 13% of the population yet commits over 50% of murders and robberies. Those are things that need to somehow be addressed.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Well 10000 and >10000 are absurd on their face so I'm not sure how much those skew anything. Granted @BillStime or @Tiberius might buy those numbers, but those of us living in reality can immediately reject those two choices as absurd. So sane participants are left with two options that bracket the actual number and one that is in line with what someone who listens to hysterical media reports might guess in 10 fold increments. 

I'm not sure they glossed over anything. The study aim was to ask the question:

across the political spectrum, how 
knowledgeable are people when it comes to the available data on fatal police shootings of Black Americans?

It seems to me given that blacks make up 12.5% of the population yet people guess that they make up to 60% of the police involved shootings is a finding that suggests people, mostly liberals, are out of touch with reality.

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Well 10000 and >10000 are absurd on their face so I'm not sure how much those skew anything. Granted @BillStime or @Tiberius might buy those numbers, but those of us living in reality can immediately reject those two choices as absurd. So sane participants are left with two options that bracket the actual number and one that is in line with what someone who listens to hysterical media reports might guess in 10 fold increments. 

Just kind of wrong on several levels here. 1.Giving those numbers as options absolutely increases the odds of people choosing them, that's just obviously true. 2. What they really do is make 1000 seem more reasonable.

Do you really think the number of people that picked 1,000 would be the same if they gave the options like this A)10 B)100 C)1,000 D)>1,000?

The only thing giving possible answers can do in a survey like this is make it less accurate.

It's like with "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" if you're going to ask the crowd never give your opinion first. It will skew the people that don't know, and make some of the people who do second guess themselves and change their mind.

Edited by Warcodered

10 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

“Any part of this crap”, this is you trying to expand the politics into great replacement theory. Bs

Rubber and glue, got it 

57 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Don’t worry about what I believe- get some much needed help.

I need help because a dude commits racial mass murder. Deflection ...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What are you babbling about? 

There is someone babbling, but it’s not me. The great replacement theory has nothing to do with legitimate grievances in polices such as open borders and taking issues with it. The great replacement theory is specific to the thought that people are replacing the white race, none of which the majority of republicans believe or any Fox News personality believes. The disinformation on the left to paint all republicans as complicit is bs and what you’re trying to spread with your comments. Disinformation at its best. 

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Just kind of wrong on several levels here. 1.Giving those numbers as options absolutely increases the odds of people choosing them, that's just obviously true. 2. What they really do is make 1000 seem more reasonable.

Do you really think the number of people that picked 1,000 would be the same if they gave the options like this A)10 B)100 C)1,000 E)>1,000?

The only thing giving possible answers can do in a survey like this is make it less accurate.

It's like with "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" if you're going to ask the crowd never give your opinion first. It will skew the people that don't know, and make some of the people who do second guess themselves and change their mind.

You left out a D choice.

Based on what people guessed on the percentage of black involved police shootings, and they were free to answer from 0-100%, I don't think this would have turned out much differently if people just guessed without guidance. 

This isn't a trivia question where one answer is right. It's asking what option is closest to what they believe the number to be. 

If two insanely absurd options makes another just plain absurd option seem reasonable...well that's kind of the point.