Racially motivated murder at Tops

12 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

There is someone babbling, but it’s not me. The great replacement theory has nothing to do with legitimate grievances in polices such as open borders and taking issues with it. The great replacement theory is specific to the thought that people are replacing the white race, none of which the majority of republicans believe or any Fox News personality believes. The disinformation on the left to paint all republicans as complicit is bs and what you’re trying to spread with your comments. Disinformation at its best. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-05-17/republican-senate-candidates-promote-replacement-theoryhttps://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-05-17/republican-senate-candidates-promote-replacement-theory

Is the border wide open? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ah yes, the legacy media in concert with the message. See, you’re proving my point. Conflate everything with replacement theory on the right.

What is great replacement theory, I’d like to hear what you think it is. It’s a very specific thing. No, the republicans don’t believe in it, just because you want a more secure border does not mean you believe in replacement theory. 

39 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

You left out a D choice.

Based on what people guessed on the percentage of black involved police shootings, and they were free to answer from 0-100%, I don't think this would have turned out much differently if people just guessed without guidance. 

This isn't a trivia question where one answer is right. It's asking what option is closest to what they believe the number to be. 

If two insanely absurd options makes another just plain absurd option seem reasonable...well that's kind of the point.

Yeah, I was going to add another number in the middle, but I figured it'd be simpler to just do one less. Doesn't change the fact that people would be less likely to pick 1,000 if it was the number at the end of the spectrum they gave.

The second one wasn't great either, they shouldn't have asked about a specific race when getting the number, just ask them to assign percentages based on race and take the data from there. They also changed how they displayed the data suddenly we're not allowed see the range of opinions from each group just an average.

Yes, that's exactly why it's a terrible way to get data. You're not supposed to be trying to get data that proves your point you're supposed get your conclusions from the data.

Edited by Warcodered

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

“Any part of this crap”, this is you trying to expand the politics into great replacement theory. Bs

Thanks! The narrative is old and tired! I was all over the city of Buffalo today and here is a quick observation: The majority of people from all races were being extra kind and friendly to one another. We are all too smart to let this horrible act of hate and terrorism tear down the amazing community we have. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, I was going to add another number in the middle, but I figured it'd be simpler to just do one less. Doesn't change the fact that people would be less likely to pick 1,000 if it was the number at the end of the spectrum they gave.

The second one wasn't great either, they shouldn't have asked about a specific race when getting the number, just ask them to assign percentages based on race and take the data from there. They also changed how they displayed the data suddenly we're not allowed see the range of opinions from each group just an average.

Yes, that's exactly why it's a terrible way to get data. You're not supposed to be trying to get data that proves your point you're supposed get your conclusions from the data.

Again it gives options for ranges. So if someone thinks there were really about 500 unarmed black men killed by police in a single year, still a gross overestimate, and assuming they can do simple math, then they would answer B) about 100 based on the choices given.

The question they were trying to answer was as stated in the report:

So, here we ask the question: across the political spectrum, how 
knowledgeable are people when it comes to the available data on fatal police shootings of Black Americans?

The study aim was to ask the question about fatal police shootings involving black americans only and how the answers correlate to political ideology.

That's it. They weren't asking about other races and police shootings.

https://t.co/O8CEkG3raZ

If you're interested in the breakdown and statistical methodology and analysis that address your concerns you can download the supplemental materials here. 

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/civil-unrest-presidential-election-study/

26 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Again it gives options for ranges. So if someone thinks there were really about 500 unarmed black men killed by police in a single year, still a gross overestimate, and assuming they can do simple math, then they would answer B) about 100 based on the choices given.

The question they were trying to answer was as stated in the report:

The study aim was to ask the question about fatal police shootings involving black americans only and how the answers correlate to political ideology.

https://t.co/O8CEkG3raZ

If you're interested in the breakdown and statistical methodology and analysis that address your concerns you can download the supplemental materials here. 

https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/civil-unrest-presidential-election-study/

Again giving those numbers does nothing but make their data less accurate. Your goal is to find out what they think, giving them suggestions is counterintuitive.

28 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Right but the people they were asking don't need to know that. Their goal should be to get the data with having as little effect on the result as possible.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Again giving those numbers does nothing but make their data less accurate. Your goal is to find out what they think, giving them suggestions is counterintuitive.

They were able to find out what people think by offering a broad range of choices and using a statistically significant sample size. Agree to disagree here. 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but the people they were asking don't need to know that. Their goal should be to get the data with having as little effect on the result as possible.

Im not sure how you blind study participants to answer about race without asking them about race. Other races and their involvement with police shootings was not an issue in the 2020 election cycle at all. Not even a little bit. Thus they asked the question about African Americans specifically and study participants were free to respond with with a specific number 0-100. There's absolutely no bias in asking that question, and they observed significant differences in estimates based on political ideology. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

They were able to find out what people think by offering a broad range of choices and using a statistically significant sample size. Agree to disagree here. 

All your needing is a number, how hard is it to just ask them for one?

18 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Im not sure how you blind study participants to answer about race without asking them about race. Other races and their involvement with police shootings was not an issue in the 2020 election cycle at all. Not even a little bit. Thus they asked the question about African Americans specifically and study participants were free to respond with with a specific number 0-100. There's absolutely no bias in asking that question, and they observed significant differences in estimates based on political ideology. 

I had less issue with how they got the data in this one because yes, it is difficult, but it's not impossible and it would be better if they did. More of an issue in how they switched how they presented their data from showing the range of responses to showing an average.

I wonder if those posters who think President Biden went to the city of Buffalo to show support, compassion words of comfort to the victims families friends and communities  for such a vicious attack against blacks....racist disgusting multiple murder......only as some shady political grab of some sort. IMO all that shows is your fixation on his record as a politicians..what say you about the man, yeah I know I know I can well guess all those adjectives too.

But let me tell you something. Now matter how badly you dislike Biden, how bad u think he is at his job as POTUS.......He IS the POTUS and as such people not just in Buffalo grieving but I care say around the world are COMFORTED by his going with his wife, as a man of faith beyond just being President... going to where it would be obvious that such an attack as what happened would delve and hurt deeper than other events, the horror of someone having that kind of  blatant HATE......an opposite and loving reaction is CRUCIAL to overcome the evil that happened. That community and all of we Buffalo expats I think needed it.

And you say he was doing it for some ulterior political motive> I hate politics. You all can discuss this to the moon and back agree argue whatever you will NEVER convince me that his visit didnt edge the needle of compassion and care UPWARD away from evil and NON ***** POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

/

PS: How about the Bills and other BFLO sports figures hat showed up today to serve in that neighborhood.......They have ulterior motives too?

That's as shallow as I see the people who oppose Bidens visit.

Peace out.

Edited by muppy
wife

3 hours ago, muppy said:

PS: How about the Bills and other BFLO sports figures hat showed up today to serve in that neighborhood.......They have ulterior motives too?

No.  They aren't looking for votes 

We appreciate them being there.  It's how you actually bring a community together.

3 hours ago, muppy said:

That's as shallow as I see the people who oppose Bidens visit.

Biden selectively chooses where to go for political gain thus making him a POS.  Full stop.  Same as Obama.  

Why didn't he go to Waukesha?

F him.  

Leftists told Trump and Bush not to even bother coming to some sites of tragedies.  

And there were sites they wouldn't visit because they were blue.  

This whole country is going to ***t.  A 16,17, year old kid radicalized like this - and we resort to our political agendas.  Ignoring the bigger picture as always.  

The kids are gone.   The adults are worse.  Everyone attached to a screen 24/7 without proper self control or restraint.  They lose their minds when they're away from their phones longer then 45 minutes.  

Should all end well.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh BS. Black supremicists? Ok. 

You just sound upset racists are being called out for what they are 

Dude was openly racist towards white people and posted on social media about wanting to kill them. For the second time on this thread, I suggest you cry more since you don’t wanna stop spewing BS.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Dude was openly racist towards white people and posted on social media about wanting to kill them. For the second time on this thread, I suggest you cry more since you don’t wanna stop spewing BS.

Are you saying this is just as big a problem as white supremacy? I just don't see it 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

All your needing is a number, how hard is it to just ask them for one?

I had less issue with how they got the data in this one because yes, it is difficult, but it's not impossible and it would be better if they did. More of an issue in how they switched how they presented their data from showing the range of responses to showing an average.

Ok let's grant that how they framed the question was wrong and could lead respondents to overestimate the number.

If that's the case they still found that liberals were prone to significantly overestimate the number. Unless your contention is that liberals are more easily duped into overestimating by those choices than conservatives are?

10 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Ok let's grant that how they framed the question was wrong and could lead respondents to overestimate the number.

If that's the case they still found that liberals were prone to significantly overestimate the number. Unless your contention is that liberals are more easily duped into overestimating by those choices than conservatives are?

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  They aren't looking for votes 

We appreciate them being there.  It's how you actually bring a community together.

Biden selectively chooses where to go for political gain thus making him a POS.  Full stop.  Same as Obama.  

Why didn't he go to Waukesha?

F him.  

Leftists told Trump and Bush not to even bother coming to some sites of tragedies.  

And there were sites they wouldn't visit because they were blue.  

This whole country is going to ***t.  A 16,17, year old kid radicalized like this - and we resort to our political agendas.  Ignoring the bigger picture as always.  

The kids are gone.   The adults are worse.  Everyone attached to a screen 24/7 without proper self control or restraint.  They lose their minds when they're away from their phones longer then 45 minutes.  

Should all end well.   

SO. if sports figures can show up to support a community its community building, but the POTUS (Democrat)  does its not. Gotcha.

This is tribalism at its finest. Why didn't he go to Waukesha? Im not into rating which travesty is better or worse within our country.  But this political tribalism IS tearing our government and people apart.   If YOUR candidate reacts with compassion Im sure you would be all okey dokey with it.

And for the record. if donald trump was president and had taken time from HIS schedule to show up in Buffalo after this incident I'd have given him props NOT apprise false motives to it. But that's just me.

PS: so how many boos were heard during the POTUS visit I wonder. MAYBE the community and what THEY would prefer is lost in this discussion.  I wonder. Their needs should trump political motives or accusations either for that matter. .  it won't,  but they should.

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Ah yes, the legacy media in concert with the message. See, you’re proving my point. Conflate everything with replacement theory on the right.

What is great replacement theory, I’d like to hear what you think it is. It’s a very specific thing. No, the republicans don’t believe in it, just because you want a more secure border does not mean you believe in replacement theory. 

When you say "more secure border" what do you mean? I don';t see immigration as a threat. Why does the right need to make it seem so scary that we take in immigrants? 

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

SO. if sports figures can show up to support a community its community building, but the POTUS (Democrat)  does its not. Gotcha.

This is tribalism at its finest. Why didn't he go to Waukesha? Im not into rating which travesty is better or worse within our country.  But this political tribalism IS tearing our government and people apart.  I fear nothing that anyone does outside of your tribe is bad. But if YOUR candidate does it Im sure you would be all okey dokey with it.

And for the record. if donald trump was president and had taken time from HIS schedule to show up in Buffalo after this incident I'd have given him props NOT apprise false motives to it. But that's just me.

I think it rained in Buffalo a lot the past few days, so Trump probably could not have made it 

PARIS (Reuters) - President Donald Trump could not attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One on Saturday because rain made it impossible to arrange transport, the White House said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-france-memorial/trump-cancels-ww1-memorial-at-u-s-cemetery-in-france-due-to-rain-idUSKCN1NF0NU

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

When you say "more secure border" what do you mean? I don';t see immigration as a threat. Why does the right need to make it seem so scary that we take in immigrants? 

You don’t see people unfettered streaming across a border a threat? We don’t know who they are? You’re ok if there is sex trafficking happening, if there are drugs coming across, if there are any people wanting to do us harm coming across? You’re ok without borders at all? I am against that, it does not = great replacement theory like you’re trying to say. I’m not saying I don’t like it because I think my race is better than theirs, and that’s the big difference. My focus is on how it’s bad for the country to not know who is coming across.