Racially motivated murder at Tops

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course one side needs to take a hit.  The racist right side.

Conservatives and libertarians are not racist. As a group , libs actually seem obsessed with race where it consumes their very existence- along with their preoccupation with Donald Trump. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Nothing should or is being downplayed. Quite the opposite it’s being seized upon by the Democrat party.  Meanwhile 33 people were shot in Chicago this very weekend. Do you care much about those shootings or any people killed ? California ? 

Shoe fits, wear it.  Sucks to have your azzbackwards ideology.   Must be infuriating for you as the racism bubbles to the top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Conservatives and libertarians are not racist. As a group , libs actually seem obsessed with race where it consumes their very existence- along with their preoccupation with Donald Trump. 

This guy in BFLo has really painted you in a corner hasn't he... You gotta surround yourself with this scum.

You know you want to embrace him...

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why you downplaying the Buffalo incident and its national priority over the other incidents. 

??

I'm not. What is done is done, it can't be taken back. Its horrible. That's my hometown and it took some ####### from out of town to taint it. The politicians are jumping on this for their own political gain. Why else would joe suddenly decide to go there and speak his meaningless words? Because we're 6 months or so from the dems losing their edge and they know it... its a desperate move for him.

• Agree 2

Im going to make one last comment and then be gone from PPP. The political ideology of a hater of blacks killer of innocents this Tops shooter.....beyond either side of the aisle not wanting to be affiliated with this guy and his beliefs.....what difference does it really make now beyond becoming a talking point for each tribe ... is it really THAT important if he is affiliated republican or democrat...maybe affiliate him as a racist killer and keep it moving towards a possible solution to neutralize, identify, and Prevent future perps from doing such acts.....Isnt that the more important topic right now? 

I'll see myself Out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I haven't read back through this thread so I don't know if this point was made... why did the white house scramble plans so sleepy joe could go to Buffalo tomorrow? He didn't go to other areas that suffered mass shootings. Didn't go to Brooklyn. ***** won't even go to the southern border which is now the greatest source of deaths in our country outside of natural causes. Truckin off to Buffalo for a bizarre political gain, that is it. There is no other reason based on his behavior the last year and a half. 

Especially interesting knowing Sleepy Joe’s racist past. I guess he thinks nothing comforts black people more than a racist.

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm not. What is done is done, it can't be taken back. Its horrible. That's my hometown and it took some ####### from out of town to taint it. The politicians are jumping on this for their own political gain. Why else would joe suddenly decide to go there and speak his meaningless words? Because we're 6 months or so from the dems losing their edge and they know it... its a desperate move for him.

Nothing is tainted.  BFLo is a victim here.  The nation knows the perp is a right wing populist nut from out of town.  The only people who I am slacking in the town of my birth are the ones who try and deflect this *****.  They are the one's giving BFLo a bad name and reflect badly in the eyes of the rest of the nation.  They know who they are. 

I am not sure how others were raised... But I know how I was.  You take a stand against evil, even if it's next door to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nothing is tainted.  BFLo is a victim here.  The nation knows the perp is a right wing populist nut from out of town.  The only people who I am slacking in the town of my birth are the ones who try and deflect this *****.  They are the one's giving BFLo a bad name and reflect badly in the eyes of the rest of the nation.  They know who they are. 

I am not sure how others were raised... But I know how I was.  You take a stand against evil, even if it's next door to you.

Haven’t seen any deflection. Everyone believes this guy is evil. Nor is anyone giving Buffalo a bad name. Sorry you’re not finding what you’re looking for here. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Actually neither “ side” needs to take a hit for his actions or his professed racism and motives. It shouldn’t be exploited for Political purposes ( as it sadly already is) but questions should be asked about why the Red Flag law that exists just for this purpose failed to snag this scumbag. 

Yeah I agree but was replying to someone trying to pin this on the left.  Neither side should do this tempting as it might be.  Crazies are everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

The concept that 2A was put in place to let citizens rise up against their government at some point is a myth.

If that’s the case, then what is written and where is a problem. I’d always believed the right to arm was ensuring a means for armed resistance if the government went to far.  What is your take? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If that’s the case, then what is written and where is a problem. I’d always believed the right to arm was ensuring a means for armed resistance if the government went to far.  What is your take? 

Good luck with that. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The founding fathers didn't want a professional/national army. They believed a professional army could be used as a tool of domestic tyranny (this is why they followed it with the rarely talked about 3rd amendment making it unconstitutional for solders to quarter themselves in random citizens' homes). The founders wanted citizens to be armed and ready to fight in case the country needed to defend itself instead of relying on a professional army. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with citizens fighting back against a tyrannical government, nor does it read that way. It talks about a "militia" defending the "security of the free state." Not an armed group of citizen rebels defending against a tyrannical American government. That is a total myth created by survivalist types that think their AR-15s will stand against military grade aircraft and weapons.

I'm pretty moderate on gun control. I don’t support total bans of any specific rifle type but I would like the existing laws around background checks, etc. to be fortified. But starting the discussion with the often misinterpreted writings of people that lived 250 years ago doesn't do it for me. There are plenty of reasonable arguments against stringent gun control that don't involve ascribing an anti-government survivalist fantasy to the founders.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

But there are good people on both sides - we get it... and so did the 18 year old.  He heard it alright.

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'm not sure I get your point. Russians don't kill Ukrainians with handguns because close quarters combat is not an ideal attack strategy during an invasion. If you want to limit casualties you will bomb from a distance and then only after the threat is mostly eliminated will you send in ground troops to secure the area. I don't think it has anything to do with power or boldness it's just military strategy. If this guy wanted to kill minorities he would do it with a pump shotgun, a car, a sword, a baseball bat, a knife, whatever he could get his hands on. His AR-15 was already banned by NY state and that clearly didn't stop him

Your point was he could use a shotgun and do the same damage. My point is I know that but big weapons give these nuts a sense of power that smaller guns don't. And these events are about power and hate. 

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

how so?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

seems pretty straightforward to me.  i think there is a myth that 2A supports creation of independent armed militias where as the term "militia" was used to refer to all armed citizens.  is that what you are referring to?  but 2A definitely was put in place as a check and balance of power.  the colonies were fighting the greatest army in the world at the time.  they wanted their new government to be a government by the people and for the people, not one that the citizens would fear.  a balance of power is crucial to a functioning democracy

nope - keep beleivin' tho

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You're a special kind of stupid, huh? You believe everything the kid publishes in his manifesto with the exception that he is a self admitted Authortarian Left Winger, hates Conservative people and hates FOX News.

I bet you think your President isn't a racist either.

Face it, your side has a long, LONG hostory of racism. 

• Agree 2