Racially motivated murder at Tops

Just now, 716er said:

White nationalism is not an identity based political view.

Its hatred.

Sad that you are facetious about that. Really says something about your character.

There are a lot of political movements based on the color of skin.  I think everyone should be able to own guns until they shouldn't.

This says a lot about me, where I don't give a ***** about color, I care about the health of the nation.  The nation is sick.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

There are a lot of political movements based on the color of skin.  I think everyone should be able to own guns until they shouldn't.

This says a lot about me, where I don't give a ***** about color, I care about the health of the nation.  The nation is sick.

Well color is central to what happened on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I continue to appreciate your rational approach to the matter.

Playing devil's advocate - If you take away people's guns for going to therapy then people with mental illness won't seek treatment and they will continue to sit at home and fester and that might be what happened here.  He clearly didn't get the help he needed for whatever reason.  Someone must have known this kid was spending his life savings on stockpiling this stuff.  What 18 year old can afford all of this?  I know I couldn't when I was his age.  Someone close to him should have seen the signs that this was a troubled youth who was possibly becoming a threat to himself and others

I’m just muddling through life trying to make the best of it like most of us. 

I agree you can’t have disincentives for people to seek help. I’m not advocating for that. In this specific case he was not flagged for having anxiety or depression or some other issues. He quite literally threatened a mass shooting. I just think it’s time we take these threats more seriously. Sad that it sounds like some adults were trying to do the right thing. I hope more comes to light on what happened with this, roll his parents played, etc. Breakdown all around here. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, yes.  Then forget it.  Mea culpa.

Lol, well that's not a helpful response.  I'm honestly and truthfully just giving the perspective of gun owners when laws like that are suggested.  I think both sides just end up getting frustrated and are like oh well, nothing we can do I guess!

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

See Australia, China, North Korea and Canada during lockdown as to why the very presence of these guns in society is a necessity.  

Sorry... what do you mean by this?  (Regarding Aus)

Erie DA on news someone threatened a pizza business and local brewer over phone yesterday and referenced what happened at Tops. They traced and arrested him last night charged with D felony up to 7years. They will take serious all these false threats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 716er said:

Folks who align with theories of white supremacy should not be allowed to own guns.

Call out your own, cowards.

Where are the White Supremacists on this board?

Anybody?  Anyone?

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

My God what an ignorant sack of hatred you are.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol, well that's not a helpful response.  I'm honestly and truthfully just giving the perspective of gun owners when laws like that are suggested.  I think both sides just end up getting frustrated and are like oh well, nothing we can do I guess!

I have no problem with responsible gun ownership.  I grew up with guns and hunted at a young age.  I DO have a problem with semi-automatic weapons.  They are killing machines with no other purpose.  There's a lot we can do.  And yes ... I agree ... nothing gets done because people dig their heels in.  There IS a logical solution.  It just doesn't include semi-automatic weapons.

5 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Sorry... what do you mean by this?  (Regarding Aus)

They were under the most authoritarian lockdowns in "the West" during Covid Sham 2020-2022 that's currently on pause.  

They are often held up by the left as a shining example of how to do gun control due to the government's policies that literally prevent you from defending yourself.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’m just muddling through life trying to make the best of it like most of us. 

I agree you can’t have disincentives for people to seek help. I’m not advocating for that. In this specific case he was not flagged for having anxiety or depression or some other issues. He quite literally threatened a mass shooting. I just think it’s time we take these threats more seriously. Sad that it sounds like some adults were trying to do the right thing. I hope more comes to light on what happened with this, roll his parents played, etc. Breakdown all around here. 

I think we all are just trying to do the right things for ourselves and our families.  I think it's sad when some people conclude that if you are on the other side of a political topic that you are the enemy or a bad person.  We are all just trying to do the right thing and sometimes it's just not so cut and dry as some people think these issues are.  It's pretty disheartening to be called names and such when I say that I own guns and I believe other law-abiding citizens should have the right to as well if they so choose, so I usually just keep my opinions to myself.  I wish more people would feel empowered to have open and honest conversations without it resulting in shouting and name calling.  That's the only way we will make progress

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have no problem with responsible gun ownership.  I grew up with guns and hunted at a young age.  I DO have a problem with semi-automatic weapons.  They are killing machines with no other purpose.  There's a lot we can do.  And yes ... I agree ... nothing gets done because people dig their heels in.  There IS a logical solution.  It just doesn't include semi-automatic weapons.

What problem will eliminating semi-automatic weapons solve?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Where are the White Supremacists on this board?

Anybody?  Anyone?

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

My God what an ignorant sack of hatred you are.

This forum is full of replacement theory. It’s a shame.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They were under the most authoritarian lockdowns in "the West" during Covid Sham 2020-2022 that's currently on pause.  

They are often held up by the left as a shining example of how to do gun control due to the government's policies that literally prevent you from defending yourself.

For F sake.

Sorry I asked.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

What problem will eliminating semi-automatic weapons solve?

Well, for one (and at top of mind), mass shootings would be far less severe.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think banning semi-autos is not a realistic outcome.  I think other things can be done like needing to take training courses, proving you are not a physical threat by keeping a clean criminal record, ongoing education, common sense laws around background checks and waiting periods, registration, etc.  Banning this or that is too extreme and will just cause division between both sides.  I think there is middle ground but how can we get there if one side is saying ban and the other side is saying no?  Sounds like we are still pretty far apart

• Like (+1) 1