Racially motivated murder at Tops

Just now, 716er said:

Folks who align with theories of white supremacy should not be allowed to own guns.

Call out your own, cowards.

As horrible at those people are, it doesn’t remove their 2A rights. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Never happened in BFLo? Where have you been?

The .22 Caliber Killer, 1980 was a racially motivated killing spree in BFLo area. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Christopher

"Collin Cole, 37, was attacked in a Buffalo hospital on October 10. A white man matching the description of the .22 Caliber Killer tried to strangle him to death. Cole said the man snarled, "I hate n*****s" at him before trying to kill him. He was saved by the arrival of a nurse, and though severe damage had been done to his throat, he did survive the attack."

That was a serial killer, not a mass shooting. More akin to Sanchez than this nut job. Appreciate the hair splitting though. 

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Folks who align with theories of white supremacy should not be allowed to own guns.

Call out your own, cowards.

Agreed.  I think anyone who has an identity based political view should not be allowed to own guns.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

The sick *****’s school reported him for threatening a mass shooting and other obvious cry for help behaviors. Yet he could still purchase rifles and body armor? He can’t even own a handgun legally in this state. Lot of inconsistencies.

I wish firearms advocates would step up and help craft legislation that actually makes sense. Instead we get a lot of digging in and slippery slope fear mongering. 

There were plenty of red flags. 

If there were plenty of flags then why in the world didn't any one have the B**LS to go to the authorities ?

Especially if it were the officials in the school say a teacher or a principle the ones that are suppose to keep a eye out for any of that kind of language or weird behavior if they had heard anything they should have called the authorities & had him questioned at the very least .

I think people are walking around so afraid to say anything so they don't get a law suit filed against them ! Or the students think they will be snitches and will have to suffer the abuse after for it .

I for one would rather have them snitch then have that many people dead because no one said a word .

Besides locks are only to keep a honest man honest not sure if throwing another law at it would help there are millions on the books already people need to engage more or watch each others backs more .

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you can look at the gun violence statistics in this country and honestly say that removing all semi-automatic weapons is extreme??  Common man.  That's not extreme.  It's logical.

By definition criminals break the law, yes?  By banning semi-autos you would just be taking them out of the hands of law abiding citizens.  Do you think criminals can't get whatever gun they want if they are willing to break the law?

So let's say they do ban semi-autos.  We are left with what, pump shotguns and hammer fired revolvers?  Do you think a crazy person couldn't go to Tops with a pump shotgun and shoot 10 people?  Then they will want to ban shotguns.  It doesn't end until law abiding citizens have no guns but the criminals and military do.

4 minutes ago, T master said:

If there were plenty of flags then why in the world didn't any one have the B**LS to go to the authorities ?

Especially if it were the officials in the school say a teacher or a principle the ones that are suppose to keep a eye out for any of that kind of language or weird behavior if they had heard anything they should have called the authorities & had him questioned at the very least .

I think people are walking around so afraid to say anything so they don't get a law suit filed against them ! Or the students think they will be snitches and will have to suffer the abuse after for it .

I for one would rather have them snitch then have that many people dead because no one said a word .

Besides locks are only to keep a honest man honest not sure if throwing another law at it would help there are millions on the books already people need to engage more or watch each others backs more .

They did and a case was opened on him. Sounds like he even spent a night in inpatient treatment.

Somehow the ball got dropped after that. That’s where I’m most interested in talking about. We had this person identified and it still happened. How do we intervene in these cases while still respecting the rights of honest gun owners? That’s why I want to engage honest owners because we need their buy in. He bought additional firearms AFTER his school got him investigated and committed. 

Edited by Rockpile233

3 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Agreed.  I think anyone who has an identity based political view should not be allowed to own guns.

Just what is considered an “ identity based political view” ? Fortunately, there’s no such thing in the Constitution or it’s amendments. Written by folks a lot smarter than those of us frequenting this board. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Just what is considered an “ identity based political view” ? Fortunately, there’s no such thing in the Constitution or it’s amendments. Written by folks a lot smarter than those of us frequenting this board. 

I'm being facetious.

4 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

They did and a case was opened on him. Sounds like he even spent a night in inpatient treatment.

Somehow the ball got dropped after that. That’s where I’m most interested in talking about. We had this person identified and it still happened. How do we intervene in these cases while still respecting the rights of honest gun owners? That’s why I want to engage honest owners because we need their buy in. He bought additional firearms AFTER his school got him investigated and committed. 

He should have been committed but wasn’t. He shouldn’t have been able to buy a gun after that . Not for quite some time anyway. May not have stopped him though, but other things may have. 

4 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Does the state of New York not flag people with mental health issues who threaten to perform a mass shooting?  It's a slippery slope to take guns away from people who have mental issues, but not all issues are created equally.

The shooter targeted an area he knew wouldn't be armed.  

You take his guns and everyone else's guns and it's just the government with guns.  

That's definitely better.  You can trust the government. 

See Australia, China, North Korea and Canada during lockdown as to why the very presence of these guns in society is a necessity.  

Doesn't matter.  The guns are not the problem.  An EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD KID was so misguided and lost that he felt compelled to do what he did.

You're going to need a whole lot f...ing more then "End Racism" on football fields and "Anti Racism" books or courses to fix what's sick and broken in Western Civilization.

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

Somehow the ball got dropped after that. That’s where I’m most interested in talking about. We had this person identified and it still happened. How do we intervene in these cases while still respecting the rights of honest gun owners? That’s why I want to engage honest owners because we need their buy in.

I continue to appreciate your rational approach to the matter.

Playing devil's advocate - If you take away people's guns for going to therapy then people with mental illness won't seek treatment and they will continue to sit at home and fester and that might be what happened here.  He clearly didn't get the help he needed for whatever reason.  Someone must have known this kid was spending his life savings on stockpiling this stuff.  What 18 year old can afford all of this?  I know I couldn't when I was his age.  Someone close to him should have seen the signs that this was a troubled youth who was possibly becoming a threat to himself and others

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

White nationalism is not an identity based political view.

Its hatred.

Sad that you are facetious about that. Really says something about your character.

21 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Explain how'd you even begin to do that.  A few things... 1. Most people would tell the government to f-off and 2. Most small town LEO and sheriff's in conservative states (like all of middle-America) would also tell the federal gov. to f-off. I know for a FACT, my county sheriff would never be part of a gun 'take back' program. 

So how are you going to take semi-auto firearms from people? Good luck with that. 

It's a goal we should work toward.

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

By definition criminals break the law, yes?  By banning semi-autos you would just be taking them out of the hands of law abiding citizens.  Do you think criminals can't get whatever gun they want if they are willing to break the law?

So let's say they do ban semi-autos.  We are left with what, pump shotguns and hammer fired revolvers?  Do you think a crazy person couldn't go to Tops with a pump shotgun and shoot 10 people?  Then they will want to ban shotguns.  It doesn't end until law abiding citizens have no guns but the criminals and military do.

Oh, yes.  Then forget it.  Mea culpa.

• Like (+1) 1