Racially motivated murder at Tops

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sounds like you have a beef with the authors of their style guide then more than anything else. Doesn’t change the actual content of the reporting, as you already said was “probably” true. 

Fwiw, I’ve noticed the change too and don’t understand it at all.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes. They won’t because of a demented political ideology. Pure garbage. 

Would the AP author be guilty of a microaggression?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Would the AP author be guilty of a microaggression?

from a journalistic pov there was no need for it, but you’re co-opting a far-left term to make a joke, so okay I guess. All this talk is just distraction from the facts the actual AP report relayed, regardless of capitalization. And yet this is what you glom onto. Says a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

What a mess

I guess I'm sick and twisted but I still get a kick out of the guy.  He somehow compared the Buffalo shooting with his record on Afghanistan while adding a Jessie James quote there just for the hell of it. 

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe lol … anyway I believe it’s a practice that the AP ( and others) have rather stupidly adopted . 

Cannot believe that a laughing emoji can appear in this thread.

15 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

hmm strange takeaway from the post.

how about this simplification?

crazy people live in our society. 

repeatedly after something like this happens we hear how there were tons of glaring red flags showing this person was indeed crazy and should have been closely monitored.

so

we can try to do something new where things like kids threatening to shoot up schools or say posting racist videos online for all to see talking about black supremacy and killing white and asian folks are taken MUCH more seriously.

or

we continue to figure out afterwards what side of the isle the crazy person latched on to and use THAT as a justification for why they were crazy.

the latter has been going on for awhile now, interestingly without results. 

but continue on. 

Or make it harder for crazy people to have access to weapons of war 

40 minutes ago, Bakin said:

tweeted by a literal traitor Chinese catspaw who got caught banging a spy named FANG FANG. 

Traitor? How so? 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Or make it harder for crazy people to have access to weapons of war 

Unless it's flooding Easter Europe with 40 billion dollars of smart missiles 

7 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

one his dumb @ss father gave him a gun and LET HIM KEEP IT after he was brought in for questioning!? about shooting up his school!? why wasnt he on a list of potential dangers at this point that at least postponed any gun sale in the US!? slippery slope, whatever, too many mass shooting in schools where kids can make threats like this and its not charged? no charge no issue on a background. neglectful parents and poor phyc evaluations that seem to get things completely wrong is the two main factors that repeatedly show up when it comes to these people and tragedies. again and again and again. how about instead of giving dhs a major price hike every year since they dont seem to stop much. we send just a billion of their budget to phycologist that can actually identify a mentally ill person when the red flag is raised in the first place. 

I don’t think you get it….these mass racial shootings are an acceptable cost for guns rights and internet freedom….America baby!

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Unless it's flooding Easter Europe with 40 billion dollars of smart missiles 

Just make laws here harder to get firearms that kill innocent people. 

Keep the arms flowing to our allies and kill fascists. 

• Eyeroll 1

It's funny when people point to kids racially charged manifesto (rightfully so because it is his words) to show his state of mind and why he committed this mass murder but dismiss his words saying he was an "Authoritarian Left Wing" in his political views.....but that can't be true because Leftists are never racists or own guns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

It's funny when people point to kids racially charged manifesto (rightfully so because it is his words) to show his state of mind and why he committed this mass murder but dismiss his words saying he was an "Authoritarian Left Wing" in his political views.....but that can't be true because Leftists are never racists or own guns. 

Republicans preach the replacement theory. He acted on that. 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans preach the replacement theory. He acted on that. 

Are you saying Leftists don't believe in that? This kid was obviously on the Left. Having a hard time dealing with that, huh?

Afterall, your President has a history of making racially charged comments.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Serious conservatives should not be participating in any discussion about this shooting.

Why would you care? Can you name the NYC Subway shooter? How about the guy who livestreamed himself shooting at a DC school? No? Do you know why that is?

You have no obligation to humor the faux outrage libs decide to blanket TV and social media with 24/7 after some kid copy/pasted edgy old 4chan content into a google doc and shot a bunch of people.

The reality is that the vast majority of people in the country are gonna talk about this for 15 minutes then go fill up their Camry with $6 a gallon gas and buy $7/lb ground beef and realize they have issues that actually matter to them. Vote and apply legal pressure as needed, but the failure to recognize the "mass shooting" issue as simple friend/enemy dichotomy at play again is unconscionable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Are you saying Leftists don't believe in that? This kid was obviously on the Left. Having a hard time dealing with that, huh?

Afterall, your President has a history of making racially charged comments.

It's a Republican thing, right now. Republican rhetoric led to this action 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's a Republican thing, right now. Republican rhetoric led to this action 

LOL...like I said, having a hard time accepting he was an extreme Leftist, huh Tibs?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

LOL...like I said, having a hard time accepting he was an extreme Leftist, huh Tibs?

I'm sure he would of been against building Trump's stupid wall. 

Trump was. hard core leftist too, huh? Or are we not there yet? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

tweeted by a literal traitor Chinese catspaw who got caught banging a spy named FANG FANG. 

Yeah ok bro - cool story - you make Fox News proud! 

Eric dropped Ms Fang Fang (bigot much?) as soon as the FBI notified him.

Now do Traitor Trump and everyone in his administration.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886kvozqfle1bx7eqtxqx

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

I'm sure he would of been against building Trump's stupid wall. 

Trump was. hard core leftist too, huh? Or are we not there yet? 

Authoritarian Left Winger. Many racists included in that group.

Your President is one.

Deal with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2