Racially motivated murder at Tops

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Complete societal failure.  

Another lost, misguided, troubled kid that turned to radicalism right underneath everyone around him.

This should be impossible.  And you threaten to shoot up a school - they had to have known much more about this kids problems - we're going to find out how badly - guaranteed it's worse then what happened at with Broward Schools and Nicholas Cruz.  

That's why this immediately must be bc of guns, the internet, or Fox News.  

Payton Gendron, 18, was investigated by the New York State Police for threating to shoot his classmates during graduation in June 2021

Police suggested mental health evaluation and counseling

Classmates recall his 'Hitler-esque' political leanings during a political science exercise

Gendron wore a hazmat suit to school for the first week of his senior year to protect against Covid 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10817615/Buffalo-white-supremacist-shot-dead-ten-threatened-shoot-classmate-graduation.html

THE KIDS WILL BE FINE

More from this article, "The young man posted a 180-page manifesto online before the shooting espousing the paranoid white supremacist views that whites were being replaced in American by people of color.

In the screed, he says that he was radicalize by 4Chan, the same online chat group that launched Qanon. He claims that critical race theory is a Jewish plot to undermine white which he argues is a reason to kill Jews...

Gendron also espoused the 'great replacement theory', which claims Democrats are deliberately importing illegal migrants into the US wholesale to achieve electoral dominance while driving whites to extinction."

I'd blame the democrats and Coivd policy for this shooting too if I had lived in the Q'Anon world of paranoia.  

Edited by Motorin'
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Probably good information, but the fact that the AP will not capitalize the W in White as they do for others means anything they publish is useful only for wiping one’s posterior. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

More from this article, "The young man posted a 180-page manifesto online before the shooting espousing the paranoid white supremacist views that whites were being replaced in American by people of color.

In the screed, he says that he was radicalize by 4Chan, the same online chat group that launched Qanon. He claims that critical race theory is a Jewish plot to undermine white which he argues is a reason to kill Jews...

Gendron also espoused the 'great replacement theory', which claims Democrats are deliberately importing illegal migrants into the US wholesale to achieve electoral dominance while driving whites to extinction."

I'd blame the democrats and Coivd policy for this shooting too if I had lived in the Q'Anon world of paranoia.  

hmm strange takeaway from the post.

how about this simplification?

crazy people live in our society. 

repeatedly after something like this happens we hear how there were tons of glaring red flags showing this person was indeed crazy and should have been closely monitored.

so

we can try to do something new where things like kids threatening to shoot up schools or say posting racist videos online for all to see talking about black supremacy and killing white and asian folks are taken MUCH more seriously.

or

we continue to figure out afterwards what side of the isle the crazy person latched on to and use THAT as a justification for why they were crazy.

the latter has been going on for awhile now, interestingly without results. 

but continue on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

we can try to do something new where things like kids threatening to shoot up schools or say posting racist videos online for all to see talking about black supremacy and killing white and asian folks are taken MUCH more seriously.

Something new, like stricter policies that take guns and gun buying rights away from people threatening to shoot up schools or commit hate crimes? 

Or same old same old, like feeding into Q'Anon fueled conspiracies that taking guns away from violent people is some commie conspiracy? 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably good information, but the fact that the AP will not capitalize the W in White as they do for others means anything they publish is useful only for wiping one’s posterior. 

That's some weird ***** logic right there.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Something new, like stricter policies that take guns and gun buying rights away from people threatening to shoot up schools or commit hate crimes? 

Or same old same old, like feeding into Q'Anon fueled conspiracies that taking guns away from violent people is some commie conspiracy? 

On the surface that may seem sensible, but a look at the current administration and their ideas gives huge cause for concern. It won’t take long to turn into taking these things away from people with political ideas they disagree with. They’re already wanting to be the arbiter of “ truth “. Dangerous stuff. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

where do you live? there are stringent background checks and new york state has some of the strictest. not allowing access to crazy people has been pretty standard as long as they have something on record. funny how the left are the ones with progressive DAs that are not prosecuting laws or reducing them where that can put people on that kind of restricted list. but yeah whatever, blame qanon, commie conspiracies, video games, violent movies, music. race. whatever floats your boat. 

regardless, if your a danger you garner attention. most the time they do. i would like a explanation of people who are not only flagged by dhs and fbi as a danger but why the ones that "fall off" the list right before they commit these acts are happening so frequently. 

38 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

regardless, if your a danger you garner attention. most the time they do. i would like a explanation of people who are not only flagged by dhs and fbi as a danger but why the ones that "fall off" the list right before they commit these acts are happening so frequently. 

That's a very good question. 

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

where do you live? there are stringent background checks and new york state has some of the strictest. not allowing access to crazy people has been pretty standard as long as they have something on record. funny how the left are the ones with progressive DAs that are not prosecuting laws or reducing them where that can put people on that kind of restricted list. but yeah whatever, blame qanon, commie conspiracies, video games, violent movies, music. race. whatever floats your boat. 

Agreed. As for why they are falling off the list it has to do with the liberal agenda. Bad people can be “ reformed” and criminals deserve another chance. I know a threat isn’t the same as carrying out a crime like this , but the warning signs - as seems  all too common - were there. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sounds like you have a beef with the authors of their style guide then more than anything else. Doesn’t change the actual content of the reporting, as you already said was “probably” true. 

Fwiw, I’ve noticed the change too and don’t understand it at all.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. As for why they are falling off the list it has to do with the liberal agenda. Bad people can be “ reformed” and criminals deserve another chance. I know a threat isn’t the same as carrying out a crime like this , but the warning signs - as seems  all too common - were there. 

i dont agree. like i said on the state level that absolutely a issue but federally, i dont think so. i think the federal gov is now into doing two things divide and conquer. you cant be completely inept at your job or people will start demanding its pointless. you cant be to good at it or people will be pissed about asking for new powers or the increase in budget for no reason. have to let some things slide and if possable it would be nice if they were ones that went down a nice divisive line so people start dumb ass threads in which to blame each other instead of the institutions directly responsible for neutralizing these threats. hey if your lucky you may get enough support to have the fools advocate disarming themselves for you. wouldn't that be nice. of coarse some things legitimately slip through but they have proven to many times of "having information" on threats and did absolutely nothing.

but who am i kidding. we have become so polarized no one even looks at them as neglecting their responsability anymore. the cdc, in touch with top scientists all over the world. yeah alot of good scientific advice we got out of them for the billions in taxes we pay. the dhs didnt even exist until 9/11. young people dont know that. have you noticed less domestic threats? cause its been escalating a ton from before they existed. but lets increase the budget... for next time. the divide part is over and we are to stupid to notice.

Edited by Buffarukus

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

well, he was at least a potential danger in the recent past if he made comments about shooting up his HS graduation, if that reporting is accurate. 

I’ve no issue with anything you said regarding NY gun regulation, but it should be noted that this kid lived a few miles from the PA border and it’s been reported (I will try to find a link) that at least one of his rifles was purchased there. Another was a gift from ma and pa.

Edited by JoPoy88

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

well, he was at least a potential danger in the recent past if he made comments about shooting up his HS graduation, if that reporting is accurate. 

I’ve no issue with anything you said regarding NY gun regulation, but it should be noted that this kid lived a few miles from the PA border and it’s been reported (I will try to find a link) that at least one of his rifles was purchased there. Another was a gift from ma and pa.

one his dumb @ss father gave him a gun and LET HIM KEEP IT after he was brought in for questioning!? about shooting up his school!? why wasnt he on a list of potential dangers at this point that at least postponed any gun sale in the US!? slippery slope, whatever, too many mass shooting in schools where kids can make threats like this and its not charged? no charge no issue on a background. neglectful parents and poor phyc evaluations that seem to get things completely wrong is the two main factors that repeatedly show up when it comes to these people and tragedies. again and again and again. how about instead of giving dhs a major price hike every year since they dont seem to stop much. we send just a billion of their budget to phycologist that can actually identify a mentally ill person when the red flag is raised in the first place. 

Edited by Buffarukus

6 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i addressed this. one his dumb @ss father gave him and LET HIM KEEP after he was brought in for questioning!? why wasnt he on a list of potential dangers at this point that at least postponed any gun sale in the US!? slippery slope, whatever, too many mass shooting in schools and kids can make threats then go out and buy a gun? neglectful parents and phyc evaluations that seem to get things completely wrong is the two main factors that repeatedly show up when it comes to these teenagers and tragedies. again and again and again. how about instead of giving dhs a major price hike every year since they dont seem to stop much we send just a billion of their budget to phycologist that can actually identify a mentally ill person when the red flag is raised in the first place.

hey, I agree with all of this. There’s a lot of blame to go around beyond this F’d up kid. Whether or not any of those people see any kind of reckoning, well, we’ll see. 

• Thank you (+1) 1