Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you can argue mental illness for anyone that somehow reaches the conclusion to do something like this, the White supremacist angle does raise the question of if it was terrorism.

Given his manifesto, there is no possible way a defense attorney can argue mental illness was the cause. It was a cold, pre-meditated, well planned attack carried out by a person in full control of his faculties. It will be interesting to see what kind of charges are brought in addition to the 10 counts of first degree murder and 3 counts of attempted first degree murder (as of now). 

• Like (+1) 4

Beast, I’m not speaking for the author of that comment, but for me, what we can control is how we raise our kids.  I’ve preached love not hate, and I’d like to think a role model for my kids, compassion, and not tolerate their friends if they make crappy comments.

I tried everyday to think about how I acted so they watch what you do, not necessarily what we say.

Beyond that, for us it was church, Catholic and Christian school, and pray.

I just don’t understand the hate without even knowing someone.  I’m so sorry for the families of these people.  Just is terrible.  I need to call my dad now as I’m sure it will be the first thing out of his mouth.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Beast, I’m not speaking for the author of that comment, but for me, what we can control is how we raise our kids.  I’ve preached love not hate, and I’d like to think a role model for my kids, compassion, and not tolerate their friends if they make crappy comments.

I tried everyday to think about how I acted so they watch what you do, not necessarily what we say.

Beyond that, for us it was church, Catholic and Christian school, and pray.

I just don’t understand the hate without even knowing someone.  I’m so sorry for the families of these people.  Just is terrible.  I need to call my dad now as I’m sure it will be the first thing out of his mouth.

Kelly its the world we live in now withoaut getting into too much detail .......just too soon to talk about that stuff

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Given his manifesto, there is no possible way a defense attorney can argue mental illness was the cause. It was a cold, pre-meditated, well planned attack carried out by a person in full control of his faculties. It will be interesting to see what kind of charges are brought in addition to the 10 counts of first degree murder and 3 counts of attempted first degree murder (as of now). 

Mental illness can take many forms. 

I have little doubt that this was a hate crime 

I also think it’s unlikely that this kid is “normal”. 

my best guess is he was “a bit off” for a long time. Then accessed neo fascist web pages and thought that he could be a hero for his right wing internet buddies. 

Sad and senseless indeed. Prayers to all those affected. I have to wonder, if these things weren’t covered so extensively in the media (not that I blame the media one bit), would there be so many mass shootings? We live in a copycat society. The guy in New Zealand was literally live streaming his kills.

There were mass shootings before, like the sniper on the University of Texas campus, but I remember these things really taking off after Columbine.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Death penalty needs to be used more often and fast tracked. There's no reason people like this need to be on the planet. 

Death penalty opinion aside, it absolutely makes sense for it to take time to happen since it's a state sanctioning the killing of a citizen.

Man…the fact police “talked him into putting down his gun” further illustrates how race factors into this. A white supremacist murders 10 people, with 11 of the 13 people shot being black, and police talked him down? It’s a trip. I pray something positive comes from this

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.