Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

IQ doesn't matter.  I know several high IQ people, and even among them there are some really ***** up people.  

sure it matters. It’s not a bright line that can’t be crossed and no other factor matters but IQ sure does correlate to being susceptible to this kind of stuff, and it also correlated to having a rather poor plan.

42 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's a rare Pepe?  Is it safe to Google it?

Don’t worry, I’m sure you are already on all kinds of strange watchlists for the government. What’s one more?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

sure it matters. It’s not a bright line that can’t be crossed and no other factor matters but IQ sure does correlate to being susceptible to this kind of stuff, and it also correlated to having a rather poor plan.

Don’t worry, I’m sure you are already on all kinds of strange watchlists for the government. What’s one more?

I work for the DOD.  😆 

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I have no idea what any of that means.

You should probably do some research into Payton and the cesspool where he picked up his erudite political beliefs before continuing to argue the kid is a child prodigy because of what his parents do.

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You should probably do some research into Payton and the cesspool where he picked up his erudite political beliefs before continuing to argue the kid is a child prodigy because of what his parents do.

Maybe you should learn to read because nowhere did I call him a prodigy. I have no idea who this kid is, only repeated what those around him have said about him “the boy is very intelligent. His parents aren’t some hillbillies from the sticks, both are engineers and well-off. Payton was going to pursue engineering as well.”
My argument was that an idiotic belief system doesn’t necessarily equate to a low IQ. One can be intelligent in many other areas, but lack logical reasoning in another.

46 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Maybe you should learn to read because nowhere did I call him a prodigy. I have no idea who this kid is, only repeated what those around him have said about him “the boy is very intelligent. His parents aren’t some hillbillies from the sticks, both are engineers and well-off. Payton was going to pursue engineering as well.”
My argument was that an idiotic belief system doesn’t necessarily equate to a low IQ. One can be intelligent in many other areas, but lack logical reasoning in another.

His parents both work for the Department of Transportation in Binghamton.  They are from the sticks, they're well off in the sense that they don't need to put their shoes on to use the bathroom, and the kid gets his political beliefs from the same site where trading pics of tortured animals is apparently cool.  4Chan was the breeding ground for other political luminaries like the legions of QAnon.  If you want to see intelligence on display, read his nonsensical manifesto.   

So you can believe what a few "aw shucks" small town folks have to say about Payton or you can form your own opinions based on the facts as they are known.  I don't put much weight in the trite, small town murderer speech "he was a good boy from a fine family.  He was polite and always good in school. The boy I know would never have done something like this."

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/my-parents-know-something-s-wrong-but-accused-tops-killer-lied-to-fool-them/article_fc32f346-d7ad-11ec-bc5a-a3f2046a9cc7.html

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

His parents both work for the Department of Transportation in Binghamton.  They are from the sticks, they're well off in the sense that they don't need to put their shoes on to use the bathroom, and the kid gets his political beliefs from the same site where trading pics of tortured animals is apparently cool.  4Chan was the breeding ground for other political luminaries like the legions of QAnon.  If you want to see intelligence on display, read his nonsensical manifesto.   

So you can believe what a few "aw shucks" small town folks have to say about Payton or you can form your own opinions based on the facts as they are known.  I don't put much weight in the trite, small town murderer speech "he was a good boy from a fine family.  He was polite and always good in school. The boy I know would never have done something like this."

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/my-parents-know-something-s-wrong-but-accused-tops-killer-lied-to-fool-them/article_fc32f346-d7ad-11ec-bc5a-a3f2046a9cc7.html

Both parents are civil engineers who earn a combined salary of close to $200,000/yr. The way you describe them is a bit disingenuous, “they don’t need to put on shoes to use the bathroom.”

The article you referenced does a pretty good job of illustrating what Payton’s family life was like and why everyone who knew this kid was completely surprised by his actions. Were they also wrong in their assessments of his smarts, or intelligence? I have no idea. Again, I only shared their thoughts and referenced his parents’ achievements to suggest he likely didn’t have a low IQ (majoring in any engineering field is extremely difficult. I’d like to believe that I’m intelligent, but I couldn’t come close to hacking it in Comp Sci).

The kid had them all fooled, he was living a lie. We can blame his parents for not looking closer. The speeding ticket outside of Buffalo should’ve brought questions for one. We know who Payton Gendron is today because of his evil acts. Don’t get it misunderstood, my opinions of the boy ARE formed because of what he did, but there’s an extremely long list of dictators and terrorists who carried faulty logic or beliefs in their evil plans, but the fault doesn’t suggest that all were of low IQ. That’s my argument.

Edited by JayBaller10

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Both parents are civil engineers who earn a combined salary of close to $200,000/yr. The way you describe them is a bit disingenuous, “they don’t need to put on shoes to use the bathroom.”

The article you referenced does a pretty good job of illustrating what Payton’s family life was like and why everyone who knew this kid was completely surprised by his actions. Were they also wrong in their assessments of his smarts, or intelligence? I have no idea. Again, I only shared their thoughts and referenced his parents’ achievements to suggest he likely didn’t have a low IQ (majoring in any engineering field is extremely difficult. I’d like to believe that I’m intelligent, but I couldn’t come close to hacking it in Comp Sci).

The kid had them all fooled, he was living a lie. We can blame his parents for not looking closer. The speeding ticket outside of Buffalo should’ve brought questions for one. We know who Payton Gendron is today because of his evil acts. Don’t get it misunderstood, my opinions of the boy ARE formed because of what he did, but there’s an extremely long list of dictators and terrorists who carried faulty logic or beliefs in their evil plans, but the fault doesn’t suggest that all were of low IQ. That’s my argument.

the kid was brought in on a mental evaluation hold a year prior. 

how can anyone close to him describe being shocked that he did the thing that spurred that? 

we see “he was a good boy” and “I am shocked” across all lines and backgrounds. To publicly say otherwise for many close to these horrific criminals is akin to saying “I failed those people by not speaking up sooner” and it just doesn’t happen often. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would pay an obscene amount of money to keep my search history private.

Send me a check and I'll show you the secret of using your browser's privacy/incognito mode.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the kid was brought in on a mental evaluation hold a year prior. 

how can anyone close to him describe being shocked that he did the thing that spurred that? 

we see “he was a good boy” and “I am shocked” across all lines and backgrounds. To publicly say otherwise for many close to these horrific criminals is akin to saying “I failed those people by not speaking up sooner” and it just doesn’t happen often. 

Kid who had threatened a school shooting and was held in a hospital for a psych e v a l and then tortured a stray cat.  If only there was some kind of warning signs...

Prayers go out to all the victims' families. Buffalo is a very special place with amazing people who support it, and the players always seem to step up as well. I'm not from Buffalo, and don't live there, but from the outside looking in, I've always had the utmost respect for you all! Thanks again from a proud fan from Kansas.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Whenever I can, I bring Ammunition, into the public conversation. We cannot do anything about guns, but we CAN do something about 'consumables'.

What are *YOU* doing about this issue??????????????????????????

First,  what are consumables?  I offered to volunteer as security at my children's school.   I'm a frustrated normal Joe.  I talk about things that both extreme Right and Left disagree on.   I'm feeling like nothing will change until the leadership changes in Washington

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Make it REALLY difficult to purchase ammunition.

Law abiding gun owners should not have a problem with some red tape, to stop gun violence. State reasons for purchase, Licensing, Means testing, etc. Charge a REALLY high price, for a box of 7.62×39mm 'AK' rounds. Stop teenagers, who frequently don't know which end is up, from purchasing such a destructive weapon. The two most recent, unfortunate senseless killings in Buffalo, and Uvalde, were committed by teenagers. It is time to take weapons of Mass Destruction, out of their hands.

There is no way to take guns away from Americans.

Ever.

We can do something about regulating Ammunition, and we need to do it NOW.

what you propose are ideas that could well Help deter lawbreaking and ultimately save lives. Now tell me what snowball chance in hell that the NRA would concede....I see Their efforts as fighting to keep the gains they perceive "won"  within their lobbying efforts. I don't see the NRA budging an inch. Hence congress will show by their votes and actions just WHO they are the most indebted to. Their political contributors or constituency. HA!~!

Put up or shut up Congress this may be a watershed issue. deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Enough 'prayers' for this senseless violence. It is time to step up to the plate, and do something about it.

I understand it's also about taking action. I do what I can do at this point in time, and that's to offer donations and prayers to the victims' families, and trying my best to educate today's youth and families. I'm an Elementary Teacher and a School Counselor, so my goal everyday is to try and make as much difference as possible in the lives of our youth. That's what I can do now, and hopefully I can do more in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Are you saying Payton is low IQ? Both parents are engineers, everyone surrounding him stated how intelligent he was, he wanted to be an engineer himself. I don’t think he’s low IQ, he’s just evil. Evil people can be highly intelligent.

Agree with this but also agree with the original guy's point that if this kid believed in that replacement theory BS and White Supremacy he was still a DUMBASS in another way. 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.