Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

On 5/17/2022 at 4:51 PM, Warcodered said:

I think it's a situation where there are multiple factors that contribute to all these events that occur so often in the U.S., and no event requires all the factors.

from the post you quoted- 

I think a statement like “the shooters family said he was a normal kid” need to be taken with a bit of a grain of salt too. 

you just rarely see someone say “in hindsight we messed up not taking it more seriously when the red flags got so extreme that he was taken in for a psych evaluation and we still acted like nothing was amiss”

Additionally, being released from being held against his will doesn’t mean nothing was wrong. 

“mentally ill” is such a big umbrella that it’s not a productive label, but people that are well don’t do this. I don’t know his challenges but he certainly was unwell and that doesn’t take away from his responsibility or label others. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

here's an article that points out why the very fact that this guy had to travel 200 miles to find his targets disproves his manifesto theory.

It also reiterates why that   Buffalo zip code had no major grocery store for decades.....

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/05/21/buffalo-massacre-great-replacement-segregation-00034177

But he didn't have to travel 200 miles to find his targets.  When I heard what he was doing and where he came from, that was the first thing I wondered about.  Why go all the way over to Buffalo to do this?

He's from the  Binghamton area as I understand it.  Go to Syracuse, to name one of many possible destinations.

or Scranton, PA, or....

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

But he didn't have to travel 200 miles to find his targets.  When I heard what he was doing and where he came from, that was the first thing I wondered about.  Why go all the way over to Buffalo to do this?

He's from the  Binghamton area as I understand it.  Go to Syracuse, to name one of many possible destinations.

or Scranton, PA, or....

or the Bronx…

He gave his reasons—he thought it was the nearest zip code with the highest concentration of black residents..  He’s just a low IQ human—all of the people who believe what he does are the dumbest people in the country.  Unfortunately it’s 10s of millions, at least.  

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

or Scranton, PA, or....

I heard Syracuse was on his hit list, specifically Carousel (it's not the Destiny we were promised) Mall.  He probably decided against it since there have been some shootings there recently.  

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

or the Bronx…

He gave his reasons—he thought it was the nearest zip code with the highest concentration of black residents..  He’s just a low IQ human—all of the people who believe what he does are the dumbest people in the country.  Unfortunately it’s 10s of millions, at least.  

He is a lot of things, but he is not low IQ.  I will not be happy if he gets any leniency in court for being mentally ill or falling under some kind of learning disability umbrella.   He actions were well researched, carefully planned, coldly calculated and even documented.   Not the work of a low IQ learning disabled person.  He should be tried as a fully functional adult.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

He is a lot of things, but he is not low IQ.  I will not be happy if he gets any leniency in court for being mentally ill or falling under some kind of learning disability umbrella.   He actions were well researched, carefully planned, coldly calculated and even documented.   Not the work of a low IQ learning disabled person.  He should be tried as a fully functional adult.  

I was certainly not suggesting he's handicapped, or that he should not be tried as a competent defendant--he's just a sub-average IQ citizen of this county as a 100 million others.

To believe what he believes, one has to have no ability for critical thinking--he has to have an empty mind that he can fill with the garbage he reads on line and watches on TV, stuff that far more intelligent people are feeding him and his kind.   

As for his "well researched, carefully planned" massacre-----it was the dumbest plan imaginable.  First, he hardly had to drive 200 miles to "find" his targets.  Second, he put it all on the internet ("the prosecution, your honor, rests with no witnesses").  Third, he figured he would walk into the Tops, kill scores of people, walk back to his car, drive to a nearby neighborhood and continue his rampage, and take off.

He never figured the cops would respond to an "active shooter" strolling through the supermarket?  They were there within 60 seconds of the call.  This obviously surprised this kid, this master of plans.  He's a moron.

58 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

His actions were absolutely planned and calculated and my educated guess is that he will not be successful with any kind of insanity / diminished capacity / mental health defense. With the limited knowledge I have of the evidence in this case, I believe he fully understood what he was doing and the consequences of his actions - and should be held fully responsible for his actions. However, don't think for a minute his cognitive functioning isn't severely impaired. It is. He's just not insane.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, Bob in STL said:

He's most definitely low IQ.  

Is he so low IQ that he qualifies as "learning disabled" or mentally handicapped or mildly ######ed?  No.

Those are more like "extremely low IQ".  

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is he so low IQ that he qualifies as "learning disabled" or mentally handicapped or mildly ######ed?  No.

Are you saying Payton is low IQ? Both parents are engineers, everyone surrounding him stated how intelligent he was, he wanted to be an engineer himself. I don’t think he’s low IQ, he’s just evil. Evil people can be highly intelligent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

IQ doesn't matter.  I know several high IQ people, and even among them there are some really ***** up people.  

Regarding the IQ debate, IQ is supposed to be a measure of one's ability to reason logically or think rationally. By that definition, I would argue that a racist would have a low IQ, because racism is clearly illogical and irrational. However, the tests that supposedly measure IQ tend to be more about problem-solving (in the mathematical/scientific/puzzle-solving sense), so in that respect, it's possible to be a card-carrying member of the KKK and still have a high IQ according to the tests. Racism is rooted in emotion, not logic, and emotion is the gatekeeper of the intellect.

Who the F cares whether a murdering maniac is another Einstein or Lenny? Has no bearing on anything. If we need to question IQs, we should be questioning the IQs of those that refuse to address the issue. 

Heard from a relative of one of the first cops to reach the scene at Tops and what he described is beyond horrific. Said he will need lots of time and therapy as a result of what he came upon when entering the store. Perhaps some of these hand sitters that insist on doing nothing should be made to see what brain matter oozing from blown out eye sockets actually looks like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Are you saying Payton is low IQ? Both parents are engineers, everyone surrounding him stated how intelligent he was, he wanted to be an engineer himself. I don’t think he’s low IQ, he’s just evil. Evil people can be highly intelligent.

If your politics are mostly informed from 4Chan memeboards and rare Pepes then you're probably a f@#$ing idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

IQ doesn't matter.  I know several high IQ people, and even among them there are some really ***** up people.  

You're changing the topic; it's not about IQ necessarily, I agree. I'm just correcting the other guy who said he's not low IQ...because he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.