Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

Yeah let's not pretend there hasn't been a rise in these cases and we actually care about it when nothing gets done. Both sides will politick the hell out of this and we will be lucky if there are any real solutions. 

Edited by extrahammer

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yea far reaching for a week and then you will all forget about it like always. So please spare me the bull#### of pretending to be sympathetic like everyone does in this world.

You mad, bro?

• Haha (+1) 1

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator
4 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Sure there is. I’m all for anything at this point, it certainly can’t hurt. Im a gun owner and have zero problem with stricter gun laws. If it prevents one incident, it’s helped.

I guess I’m just cynical, but its hard (or maybe impossible?) to completely eliminate the crazy from people. And that’s the depressing part. (To be clear, I’m not saying “since we can’t stop it, do nothing”)

I thought for the longest time that the process to buy a gun was similar to the NY Pistol permit process. Fill out an application, get a background check, references check, and an interview with local law enforcement. Then if you are deemed fit, you get the permit and pick up the gun. Perhaps this wouldn’t be a bad idea? Probably no way it ever passes though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yea far reaching for a week and then you will all forget about it like always. So please spare me the bull#### of pretending to be sympathetic like everyone does in this world.

This was the worst day in my city's history

We're hurting.. we will not forget this in a week

And it took somebody from outside our community to commit this atrocity

• Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I thought for the longest time that the process to buy a gun was similar to the NY Pistol permit process. Fill out an application, get a background check, references check, and an interview with local law enforcement. Then if you are deemed fit, you get the permit and pick up the gun. Perhaps this wouldn’t be a bad idea? Probably no way it ever passes though. 

It's being reported that the piece of scum murderer in Buffalo passed his background check to buy an AR-15 in a gun shop despite having previously made shooting threats directed at a school and having been investigated/sent for mental health evaluation.  It would have to be a better, more thorough background check with more reasons to disallow people than we have currently.

We all have to be licensed to drive a car, which involves passing a written and practical exam and vision check.  The car must be registered and in most states, insured. Just saying.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's being reported that the piece of scum murderer in Buffalo passed his background check to buy an AR-15 in a gun shop despite having previously made shooting threats directed at a school and having been investigated/sent for mental health evaluation.  It would have to be a better, more thorough background check with more reasons to disallow people than we have currently.

We all have to be licensed to drive a car, which involves passing a written and practical exam and vision check.  The car must be registered and in most states, insured. Just saying.

Not sure your familiar with the process to buy a pistol in New York, but it’s completely different than buying a rifle. The rifle purchase requires an instant background check through the federal database (like how this guy purchased his rifle). It’s rife with holes and isn’t very thorough. The pistol permit process is extensive. It takes about a year of interviews and background checks in Erie county to finally get one. In the end your entire file with interviews, reference checks, and background investigation goes to a judge who has to sign off on your file. I’m advocating for every rifle to have that same process.

Of course New York’s pistol permit process is under fire and probably 50/50 to get overturned in the Supreme Court anyways. Which is why it probably would never fly. Most states you walk in to buy a pistol and it’s the same as buying a rifle (instant background check). 

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Just because you think it doesn’t mean you have to say it. I mean unless you like having everyone think that you are a giant POS

See how the hate still around, human nature. No one is any different, thanks for proving my point. You just attack people on the internet calling them a POS when in reality you are no better.

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Deflecting? No I'm pointing out we have a serious issue in this country with these shootings. You can't just ignore them and pretend they don't happen. 

You really don't have a serious issue. It's more of a population and educational problem. If this guy wasn't brought up like this it wouldn't have happened like it did. 

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You really don't have a serious issue. It's more of a population and educational problem. If this guy wasn't brought up like this it wouldn't have happened like it did. 

A “population” problem? 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

A “population” problem? 

Yes, overpopulation leads to worse education and less jobs or good paying jobs, poor education leads to people easily being manipulated. It happens all over the world but with overpopulation its happening more and more frequently. 

33 minutes ago, TBBills said:

See how the hate still around, human nature. No one is any different, thanks for proving my point. You just attack people on the internet calling them a POS when in reality you are no better.

Big difference between “hate” against someone who makes themself look like an ####### on the Internet and innocent grocery shoppers who were murdered because of the color of their skin. You should quit while you’re behind

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Yes, overpopulation leads to worse education and less jobs or good paying jobs, poor education leads to people easily being manipulated. It happens all over the world but with overpopulation its happening more and more frequently. 

you know where this kid was from, right? You know where he went to high school? 12:1 student/teacher ratio. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Literally just called my mother and she was at tops on Union road

I live one mile from the walmart. 

The threat is probably nothing and someone thinking they are being funny but man this world is effed up. 

42 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Big difference between “hate” against someone who makes themself look like an ####### on the Internet and innocent grocery shoppers who were murdered because of the color of their skin. You should quit while you’re behind

I was talking about you.

I am done here, too dangerous of a thread for this banter. Just remember your snarky remarks just add to the problem of this world, not solve it.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, Process said:

I live one mile from the walmart. 

The threat is probably nothing and someone thinking they are being funny but man this world is effed up. 

Possibly someone trying to stir up sh** and make a bad situation worse.… impossible to tell anymore.

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Irony. Look it up

Nope I did nothing to you. Just showing how it's a part of everyday for everyone without even thinking about it. You came after me for a statement I made instead of just ignoring it or maybe even counter argue it.

That is all I am saying. That's it, done with this thread now. Take it to pm if you still want to respond.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.