Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

a groundswell of support coming to the victims of the shooting; This surprises me zero. I imagine there are grassroots neighbor to neighbor outreaches going on also. It's the Buffalo way. If anyone has any links to please post.  Ive read there are scams already trying to take advantage. How low can a person go.............

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/14/nyregion/victims-buffalo-shooting.html

EDIT: I found this......donations links that I hope are vetted and legit

https://www.wivb.com/news/buffalo-supermarket-mass-shooting-tops/ways-to-help-those-affected-by-the-buffalo-mass-shooting/

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not sure what you're struggling with at this point.  The likelihood fo being shot by police as a black man is more than twice as high as it is for a white man.  So I am simply saying he likely would have been shot if black.

I know you know this already so why are you pretending to not understand my straightforward statement?

Atta boy.  Should have led with that 3 posts ago.

Unspeakable tragedy and being “right” is the most important thing on some peoples mind. Sorry, but this is a hot garbage take. This kind of stuff does nothing to help the problem. Got any lotto numbers I can have too since you have such a gift of foresight?

Anyone who is making this about anything but the victims at this point, should just STFU. I don’t have any clue what the answer is to any of this, but I know it’s not this. Actually as I’m writing this, I’m realizing that by even responding in here, I’m part of the problem too. The internet is detrimental to a large percentage of the population (myself included) and it’s only going to get worse. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Unspeakable tragedy and being “right” is the most important thing on some peoples mind. Sorry, but this is a hot garbage take. This kind of stuff does nothing to help the problem. Got any lotto numbers I can have too since you have such a gift of foresight?

Anyone who is making this about anything but the victims at this point, should just STFU. I don’t have any clue what the answer is to any of this, but I know it’s not this. Actually as I’m writing this, I’m realizing that by even responding in here, I’m part of the problem too. The internet is detrimental to a large percentage of the population (myself included) and it’s only going to get worse. 

right so whenever one of these things happen everyone should “STFU”,  disengage their brain, flip into mourning mode and shoot out those thoughts and prayers. Clearly that’s been working so far as a preventive measure. 

thank you for stating the f*ing obvious that this is (yet another) tragedy and that of course we all should (and are) mourning the victims of this.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The effects of this massacre are far reaching. I’m sorry for your inconvenience. 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

clearly, you’re the victim here.

Yea far reaching for a week and then you will all forget about it like always. So please spare me the bull#### of pretending to be sympathetic like everyone does in this world.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 4

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea far reaching for a week and then you will all forget about it like always. So please spare me the bull#### of pretending to be sympathetic like everyone does in this world.

So sorry but who the f* are you to presume we don’t care about this? I live 4 miles away I know people affected by this shooting. With all due respect, ***** off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

right so whenever one of these things happen everyone should “STFU”,  disengage their brain, flip into mourning mode and shoot out those thoughts and prayers. Clearly that’s been working so far as a preventive measure. 

thank you for stating the f*ing obvious that this is (yet another) tragedy and that of course we all should (and are) mourning the victims of this.

Just saying playing internet psychologist doesn’t really help anything here. Problem is, nothing does. It’s tough for rational people to try and explain an irrational act of horrific violence like this. Like I said, hurling blame at this point does nothing except continue to diminish the victims lives and just turns the whole thing into another debate.

No clue what the answer is, but it sucks. I don’t like living in a world where I might be out grocery shopping with my kid and could be mowed down by some whacko. I get everyone is angry and I am too. Just wish that anger could actually be effectively channeled somehow and not just turn into the “usual”. Its not my job to tell people how to react or feel, so I’m sorry for the tone of my last post. And you’re right, “thoughts & prayers” doesn’t do squat either. Tough to come up with anything reasonable to say at this point. It just sucks

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The thing is, there are lots of actual steps that could be taken here, and most people saying they don't know what the answer is just don't like what the answers are.

Sure there is. I’m all for anything at this point, it certainly can’t hurt. Im a gun owner and have zero problem with stricter gun laws. If it prevents one incident, it’s helped.

I guess I’m just cynical, but its hard (or maybe impossible?) to completely eliminate the crazy from people. And that’s the depressing part. (To be clear, I’m not saying “since we can’t stop it, do nothing”)

Far cleaner in obviously clear-cut cases just to quickly kill them.

Go kill 10 random people in a supermarket?
Kill him now.

Throw a Molotov cocktail into a police car? 
Kill them now.

Got mental health issues?
Doesn’t matter, kill them. A rabid dog can’t help it but you still kill it anyways.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Just because you think it doesn’t mean you have to say it. I mean unless you like having everyone think that you are a giant POS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.