Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

Our country has decided that this stuff is an acceptable cost to unfettered access to guns and free and unaccountabile actions  on the internet. Other countries have decided it is not.

And that’s what it boils down to right there. The right to bear arms supersedes all mass shootings and other forms of gun violence. Not sure that will ever change.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Watched the video. Jesus Christ.  He actually pointed the gun at a white male on the ground behind a register and when the guy screamed don’t shoot he apologized to him. Said I’m sorry. 

Why do that to yourself.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ask some of the black folks...

What exactly is your argument here that they should have shot him to be fair to people who were shot in different incidents? Why the ***** is that the issues here?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

And that’s what it boils down to right there. The right to bear arms supersedes all mass shootings and other forms of gun violence. Not sure that will ever change.

As Antonin Scalia himself opined in his Heller opinion, the right to bear arms is NOT an unlimited right. Unfortunately our elected officials, in their quest not to upset a small portion of their constituency, lack the moral courage to do what’s right and pass the necessary laws.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Wouldn’t be a Sunday on the football messageboard without getting called dim by someone who finds it necessary to type the phrase ‘individual with a unique profile’!

Repetition can be used as a rhetorical device. It's an emphasis, as opposed to those who want to use this fella to indict half of America. But you go on with your condescension. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As Antonin Scalia himself opined in his Heller opinion, the right to bear arms is NOT an unlimited right. Unfortunately our elected officials, in their quest not to upset a small portion of their constituency, lack the moral courage to do what’s right and pass the necessary laws.

32 percent of Americans own a gun and 44 percent live in a house with a gun. It’s not a small percentage.

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

And in doing so you are minimizing influences in our society that provoke this kind of attack

Well, I do not assent to those who are claiming this fella is representative of viewers of a particular television network or who vote a certain party. I don't believe white supremacy is an agenda pushed by conservatives, if that is what you are asserting or implying. Regardless, if that is your position, it is a prejudice with which dialogue is not possible.

Just now, aristocrat said:

32 percent of Americans own a gun and 44 percent live in a house with a gun. It’s not a small percentage.

They’ve polled gun owners for years and those polls suggest that most gun owners are in favor of bans on assault rifles and high volume magazines as well as stricter back ground checks. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They’ve polled gun owners for years and those polls suggest that most gun owners are in favor of bans on assault rifles and high volume magazines as well as stricter back ground checks. 

that’s a different convo. You said gun owners were a small percentage of voters

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Wouldn’t be a Sunday on the football messageboard without getting called dim by someone who finds it necessary to type the phrase ‘individual with a unique profile’!

To be fair, you are the same person who compared a weather event to copycat humans by asking “would there be less tornadoes if the media didn’t cover them?”

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why do that to yourself.

What exactly is your argument here that they should have shot him to be fair to people who were shot in different incidents? Why the ***** is that the issues here?

Twofold:  

1, they should have blown him away on the spot, not out of “fairness” (wtf??) but because he was an immediate threat and he had just murdered many.  Save the legal/penal system lots of money.  the prosecution rests

2.  that would likely have been the outcome if he was black

simple

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You're simple-minded 

Cops Shoot white people all the time.. and the guy surrendered  

They didn't shoot him because he surrendered 

The murderer was literally trying to incite race riots in my city... Pitting black against White 

But we're better than that here ... We're the city of good neighbors 

We're not going to let an outsider destroy us

ok so you’ll get back to me after you poll the neighborhood?  I’m simple minded

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Twofold:  

1, they should have blown him away on the spot, not out of “fairness” (wtf??) but because he was an immediate threat and he had just murdered many.  Save the legal/penal system lots of money.  the prosecution rests

simple

So then your saying that the problem isn't that they're unfairly killing black people but unfairly not killing white people....really?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Twofold:  

simple

ok so you’ll get back to me after you poll the neighborhood?  I’m simple minded

Listen I know there are black people that feel that way

I understand that fully 

I also now we're a better City then to let an outsider destroy us 

The cops responded in one minute to save those black people's lives in that market

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Twofold:  

simple

Just execute this punk ass kid immediately. Turn him into fertilizer and send him to hell.  This country's obsession with guns will never end.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So then your saying that the problem isn't that they're unfairly killing black people but unfairly not killing white people....really?

I'm not sure what you're struggling with at this point.  The likelihood fo being shot by police as a black man is more than twice as high as it is for a white man.  So I am simply saying he likely would have been shot if black.

I know you know this already so why are you pretending to not understand my straightforward statement?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Listen I know there are black people that feel that way

I understand that fully 

I also now we're a better City then to let an outsider destroy us 

The cops responded in one minute to save those black people's lives in that market

Atta boy.  Should have led with that 3 posts ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Twofold:  

1.)  That's not how things are done in a civilized society. 

2.)  You have no way to prove your second point and it's insulting to police officers.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.