Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

So in your mind, citing a person’s ‘environmentalism’ in a case where he murdered black people is just as relevant as the fact that he’s a white nationalist…all while lecturing folks on being ghoulish😂😂😂

Are you intentionally dim? I'm just pointing out that he is an individual with a unique profile.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is really upsetting. No way this kid should have had access to body armor and an assault rifle. Somewhere along the way the system failed. Just to be clear this is NOT a message about gun control which I am fairly moderate on. But there has to be some mechanism in place to make sure people like this don't have tactical combat gear in their hands. That is the bare minimum of what we should be able to do as a society.

I have been known to waffle on this. Sure I agree that he shouldn’t have access but I also don’t know that perception of a system is a reasonable standard. So how do you manage in the gray space below perfection?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Are you intentionally dim? I'm just pointing out that he is an individual with a unique profile.

Wouldn’t be a Sunday on the football messageboard without getting called dim by someone who finds it necessary to type the phrase ‘individual with a unique profile’!

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

The idea has to originate somewhere, so in that sense it’s copied. Apparently this kid live streamed it on twitch and lists the New Zealand shooter as one of his heroes. I guess my point is, do you think we’d have so many of these shootings if they never got coverage? I know it’s an impossible question because it couldn’t happen, but people copy what they see. You’re right in that they’ll find a way to express that hatred, but I have no doubt they love the attention of these mass shootings.

And just like the New Zealand shooter, this PoS travelled from a different region to inflict his damage.  (The NZ shooter was actually an Aussie who came here to do that despicable deed.)  May they both rot in their cells.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

And just like the New Zealand shooter, this PoS travelled from a different region to inflict his damage.  (The NZ shooter was actually an Aussie who came here to do that despicable deed.)  May they both rot in their cells.

yeah unfortunately I have knowledge of that Aussie creep because his manifesto swayed a young man here to go into a synagogue less than 5 miles from my house to shoot and kill only 1 person (because his magazine jammed thank goodness or it could have been more). It really is a shame that the internet makes things like this last forever. That manifesto has done nothing but wreak destruction I say BURN IT. It goes beyond vitriol speech it advocates murder. It's just wrong. The thought that people buy into this hate makes me sick.

• Like (+1) 2

This discussion could easily sway into bitterness and anger because we are all I think FRUSTRATED that any community should have to deal with something like this. But when it hits close to home it seems even more present, more painful for we as individuals. The debate over guns and how to prevent such a problem like this seems to go nowhere. As others have stated because its the person who has the available gun to use which is the instrument of carnage, but the person is the holder of the gun and puller of the trigger ultimately responsible. Its such a circular premise it goes round and round and round. Its no wonder we feel hopeless. Honestly right now I think a solution will need to somehow address both sides of the issue. Aka the availibility for a person who threatened a high school to be able to get a gun> WTAF?? I wonder if our society isnt too far gone. Guns aren't going anywhere, hate isnt going anywhere, and Evil wins right?

***** THAT.  I won't accept that. All I can do I guess as a person is live and demonstrate as much love as I possibly can, live by the golden rule, and thirdly the most sad but for me is true, accept that leaving your home puts you in risk and BE READY and Know where you are going after you die having faith in a Higher Power. It is why prayer is advocated. Its like the ONLY Power I believe could cause a solution to this mess.

sorry for the vent. Im processing. Im sick to death of processing this kind of act

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

DITTO JOSH DITTO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again don't turn my thread into a race argument

He lived because he followed directions and put the gun down .. and he surrendered

He's a piece of ***** and we probably could save the money from a trial... But he surrendered 

We come together in the City of Buffalo ... It took an outsider to do this to us

Don't race bait 

Black white hispanic Asian Will all come together in the city

It's a thread about a racially motivated mass shooting.  Not sure what you are talking about now.

And I'm pretty sure if the killer was a black guy, he would have been lit up on the spot, pointing a gun at the cops---that's far less likely to end with an arraignment for a black perp.  

That has nothing to do with "Buffalo" or whatever it is you are going on about now.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's a thread about a racially motivated mass shooting.  Not sure what you are talking about now.

And I'm pretty sure if the killer was a black guy, he would have been lit up on the spot, pointing a gun at the cops---that's far less likely to end with an arraignment for a black perp.  

That has nothing to do with "Buffalo" or whatever it is you are going on about now.

Seeing how he apparently planned on surrendering from the start he probably didn't do that.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A racially motivated shooting doesn't equal all white guys are bad , and saying that they'd kill a black guy in the same situation is stirring flames

That's trying to stir up racial tensions

The City of Buffalo needs love, not people trying to say that they let him live cuz he's white and they would have killed a black man 

Take that to PPP not my thread 

It Took an outsider to commit a heinous act on my city... No white person in the city is celebrating today

We're all hurting 

A crazy person committed a heinous act and he is white... 99.9999% of white people would never even think of doing anything like that

We all stand with the victims

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seeing how he apparently planned on surrendering from the start he probably didn't do that.

"The alleged manifesto carries on for numerous pages about the type of gear that was chosen specifically for the attack, from his helmet and weapon all the way down to his underwear. It plots his breakfast, arrival time, live stream and getaway."

He had 2 more guns in his car for other parts of the neighborhood after TOPS.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A racially motivated shooting doesn't equal all white guys are bad 

And it absolutely doesn't mean you need to throw your opinion in that they would kill a black man but they let the white guy live 

That's trying to stir up racial tensions

The City of Buffalo needs love, not people trying to say that they let him live cuz he's white and they would have killed a black man 

Take that to PPP not my thread 

It Took an outsider to commit a heinous act on my city... No white person in the city is celebrating today

We're all hurting

I didn't even hint at any of that.   

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The alleged manifesto carries on for numerous pages about the type of gear that was chosen specifically for the attack, from his helmet and weapon all the way down to his underwear. It plots his breakfast, arrival time, live stream and getaway."

I didn't even hint at any of that.   

But you did hint that they let him live cuz he's white

My city doesn't need that opinion ... We need prayers 

The city is mourning 

And yeah if it makes you feel better, they should have lit him up like a Christmas tree

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, muppy said:

sorry for the vent. Im processing. Im sick to death of processing this kind of act

Nothing wrong with "letting it out" Muppy, nothing at all.

My vent is the "unfairness" of so many of the victims of these shooting.

These targets just seem to be the most innocent in so many of these killings.

Churchgoers in Charleston, synagogue worshippers in Pittsburg and Texas, and even children not much older than babies in Sandy Hook.

Now in Buffalo, a respected former police officer, a grandmother and mother of a Buffalo Fire Commissioner and now I just heard

a father who stopped in at Tops to buy cupcakes for his kids Birthday party.

The quality in life I judge as the most important is fairness.  I see the extreme opposite in the acts.

I have no answer except to demand a rational response from myself and others.

If that happens enough maybe the tide can turn.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

But you did hint that they let him live cuz he's white

My city doesn't need that opinion ... We need prayers 

The city is mourning 

And yeah if it makes you feel better, they should have lit him up like a Christmas tree

Lot of folks in that Buffalo neighborhood are saying this same thing right now

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lot of folks in that Buffalo neighborhood are saying this same thing right now

It's an easy opinion to have..

Doesn't make it correct and I'm in that neighborhood and there's a lot of people who aren't saying that  

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ask some of the black folks...

You're simple-minded 

Cops Shoot white people all the time.. and the guy surrendered  

They didn't shoot him because he surrendered 

The murderer was literally trying to incite race riots in my city... Pitting black against White 

But we're better than that here ... We're the city of good neighbors 

We're not going to let an outsider destroy us

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.