Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I hear you 

I've just been in a fog all day because this definitely hurts.. and this is not representative of the city I love and live in

I know, it's making me sick. 

I grew up about half a mile from there on E. Utica Street.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He should have been shot on the spot regardless of whether he put his gun down.

I'm not in favor of LEO taking the law into their own hands for any reason if it can be safely avoided.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

No words right now, feel sad, distressed and angry.  I literally was shopping in another grocery store at the time of the incident and when I returned home was met with this news by my spouse,  why just why?   I love our city and our people
I can never understand hate

Edited by Shay
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Nothing yet. It’s just so odd. Why Buffalo? He likely passed Rochester and Syracuse. 

News is he came from Broome County (county seat: Binghamton) which is S of Syracuse near the PA border.  The direct route to Buffalo would be S. Tier Expressway, then I-390 then a couple of US Rts.  It would not pass Rochester and Syracuse.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

News is he came from Broome County (county seat: Binghamton) which is S of Syracuse near the PA border.  The direct route to Buffalo would be S. Tier Expressway, then I-390 then a couple of US Rts.  It would not pass Rochester and Syracuse.

Which makes it obvious he targeted Buffalo for some reason that will hopefully come out. Syracuse is 1 hour away from Conklin, Buffalo is like 3.5 hours. 

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. I mean….literally….what do you know about this subject from a professional or educational experience or background?

I'm merely expressing an opinion.  Mass murder doesn't need to be copied although I'm not denying that copycat murders don't occur.  I also acknowledge that those who perpetrate such crimes are making very public statements.  Someone as young as 18 could well be looking for notoriety.  We'll learn more about his particular motivation in the days ahead as facts are confirmed.  Now...if you have a particular expertise please offer it.  

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Through Syracuse and Rochester though. 

And Binghamton and Albany are closer. 

Only people outside of NYS think of buffalo because of sports.  Not saying that's why it was targeted, just feels like there was another reason to target buffalo. 

Perhaps.  We'll learn more as more facts are revealed.

Edited by jkeerie

Has anything ever good came out of that POS 4chan website.  Cripe live streamed it on Twitch.   He was a believer that whites are being replaced.   SC church, Chancellorsville, El Paso Walmart, Pittsburgh Synagogue.....just cant understand the hate in some people.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Binghamton is not far from Ithaca. Also I-81 from Conklin to the NYS thruway would indeed take him through Syracuse and Rochester

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'd rather see him rot in a cell the rest of his life.  

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

why oh why did NYS get rid of the death penalty?

The main reason is there's a certain percentage (estimates are about 4%) who are executed that are later found innocent when new evidence arises.  

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Which makes it obvious he targeted Buffalo for some reason that will hopefully come out. Syracuse is 1 hour away from Conklin, Buffalo is like 3.5 hours. 

yea a random low tier regional grocery store halfway across the state is a really strange perceived blaze of glory to choose 

I assume there will be some story 

20 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Binghamton is not far from Ithaca. Also I-81 from Conklin to the NYS thruway would indeed take him through Syracuse and Rochester

Binghamton itself isn’t tiny either 

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

From what I heard, a security guard did shoot him...but his equipment protected him.  Cowardly piece of *****.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yea a random low tier regional grocery store halfway across the state is a really strange perceived blaze of glory to choose 

I assume there will be some story 

Binghamton itself isn’t tiny either 

Correct, for that matter neither is Elmira if he used I-86

Probably not what a lot of posters feel but animals like this should not be killed by the people (government).

Put him in the general population in Attica and let him spend his remaining few days showing what a "non-tough guy" he really is.

The death penalty for these people is the easy way out.  I'm shocked he didn't off himself.

• Agree 1

That Tops is maybe 10 minutes from my house. I’ve shopped there. I have friends and family who shop there. To say this hits close to home is an understatement.

Reading this kid’s manifesto makes me feel sick. It also makes me so very angry, especially considering I’ve heard some of the same exact things on a very popular nightly segment on a major news network. I’ll leave it there…😡🤬

😢 I am so heart broken for all of the families suffering tonight because of this senseless tragedy. I feel so helpless. You read about these damn mass shootings what seems like weekly, or even daily. But nothing ever changes. It’s just “thoughts & prayers” and onto the next one. I don’t know what the answer is. But it’s certainly not “let’s continue to do nothing”. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.