Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys, no website on the planet can convince a kid to become a complete monster.  He learned his hate from somewhere close, very close, and these sites were simply a way to exacerbate hate.  

Im sick over this hate and so sad for the loss of these families.  At the end of the day, like when my mom pass peacefully our priest talked about not the loss of

my mom as there is no doubt she’s in whatever you consider heaven.  He discussed the agonizing grief those who survived my mom had to face for a long long time.  Since it happened on my 40th birthday, I to this day do not enjoy my birthday.  I fondly speak of her these days, but my point has nothing to do with me.  

I’m just sick over all of the husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, children, and loved ones who will grieve terribly about the loss of their loved one and what they will go through in the coming months and even years.  I know there are police and lawyers on the board.  If there is anyway to convert to federal charges to eventually give him the death penalty is fine with me.  I didn’t think NYS has the death penalty, or at least they won’t enforce it.

Down here in FL we put the needle in guys like this down here.  It may take 10 years, but the real answer is put him Gen. Pop.  Once the inmates get a hand on him, a bullet would be kind.

I normally am fine with life vs. the needle, but this senseless horrific hate crime should end only one way.

im not posting to start a big death penalty conversation.  Not today.  I’m just sick over all of those losses.

I  am no expert but think these shooters somehow develop some sort of maniacal ideology "indoctrinated" by radical websites and they do these things to just vent their hate and viciousness onto innocent victims to further magnify their cause through subsequent media coverage? .   Exacerbated mental illness....maybe maybe not I dunno. I wish we could know so we could somehow help prevent this kind if incident from occurring Somehow. The Only good that will come from it IMO is Buffalo city will NOT be torn apart quite the opposite they will UNITE as a community like no other. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

A process where the Government kills a citizen is absolutely meant to be a pain in the ass and have a bunch of ways out and take a while to happen.

When innocent people are incarcerated at 2-10%, I think they need to find a new way of processing people that are the culprit of the crime and confess to it.  Why allow an appeal when they are scene, carrying the weapon, confesses to the crime and gives himself up? 

He's lactose intolerant and had milk today, appeal granted.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

I  am no expert but think these shooters somehow develop some sort of maniacal ideology "indoctrinated" by radical websites and they do these things to just vent their hate and viciousness onto innocent victims to further magnify their cause through subsequent media coverage? .   Exacerbated mental illness....maybe maybe not I dunno. I wish we could know so we could somehow help prevent this kind if incident from occurring Somehow. The Only good that will come from it IMO is Buffalo city will NOT be torn apart quite the opposite they will UNITE as a community like no other. 

I once read an article where someone who had been a part of a hate group and gotten out talked about how it went for them, not necessarily the same as a shooter but I guess related. Quick summary on how he ended up there would be coming from a crap situation abuse, an outsider, and they get sucked in by being given a place that gives them a sense of belonging, people that seem to care about them, and someone/thing to blame for why their life has been so bad.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I once read an article where someone who had been a part of a hate group and gotten out talked about how it went for them, not necessarily the same as a shooter but I guess related. Quick summary on how he ended up there would be coming from a crap situation abuse, an outsider, and they get sucked in by being given a place that gives them a sense of belonging, people that seem to care about them, and someone/thing to blame for why their life has been so bad.

Similar to every other gang on the planet. Groups take in and manipulate vulnerable and disenfranchised individuals to do their bidding.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Similar to every other gang on the planet. Groups take in and manipulate vulnerable and disenfranchised individuals to do their bidding.

Yep, found it.

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1446-5-things-i-learned-as-neo-nazi.html

Guy says if he hadn't ended up a Nazi probably just would have ended up in some other gang.

This one hurts. I didn’t grow up on the east side. But I did grow up in a really diverse west side. I’ve spent a good part of my adult life living on the west side working with refugees at Journeys End and Viva La Casa on the east side. 

To see this happen to people of color in my community, a community I’ve put some work into, really hurts. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Andy1 said:

Defeat hate. Defeat evil. It will take all of us changing one mind at a time. With social media, it is too easy for people to fall into pit of hatred towards others. 

This is just my opinion, but social media has been the single biggest misery to society in my 40+ years. Maybe I'm a Luddite, but I see much more harm than good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This thread was not moved.  It was opened here.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I started here because I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for the main board

The other one got merged into this one, but that does make sense after it had been a little while.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meaning no offense, but I hope not.  Go by the book on this one; give him no excuses or reasons to claim that his rights were violated or that any evidence or statements he gives should be disallowed.

I hear you 

I've just been in a fog all day because this definitely hurts.. and this is not representative of the city I love and live in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.