Mass shooting in Buffalo (Those wishing to exchange on the political aspects of this situation should do so in the thread located in PPP) - edit by moderator

Buffalo716

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Nothing yet. It’s just so odd. Why Buffalo? He likely passed Rochester and Syracuse. 

And that's kind of my point, must have ties to the area (or a person he was targeting) to want to do this.

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't want to dive into the details from the news, did they say were he came from or no?  Just curious what would make someone travel HOURS, to buffalo, of all places, to decide to do this.

East of Syracuse along the state line with PA. Broome County

Edited by Chandler#81

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

And that's kind of my point, must have ties to the area (or a person he was targeting) to want to do this.

Not necessarily.  Outside of NYC when you think of NY Buffalo figures quite prominently.

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't want to dive into the details from the news, did they say were he came from or no?  Just curious what would make someone travel HOURS, to buffalo, of all places, to decide to do this.

Someone from the sticks that went to a city to kill non-whites.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

Man…the fact police “talked him into putting down his gun” further illustrates how race factors into this. A white supremacist murders 10 people, with 11 of the 13 people shot being black, and police talked him down? It’s a trip. I pray something positive comes from this

omg that's not right if that's true. F'd up world for sure.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Beast said:

OK, so what is?

We as thinking adults know the answer, it is the lack of will to actually do it that prevents action, I can say no more on this platform ,   my heart goes out to all those harmed by this POS of a human being, may we as a society reach out and console those in need, and put social pressure on all people who think as this individual does. There can be no place in our country for these sorts of people to hide. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Social media is less informative than it is a forum.  These incidents aren't really copied.  People who hate enough will find an avenue to act on that hatred whether or not it's been done before.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. I mean….literally….what do you know about this subject from a professional or educational experience or background?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Not necessarily.  Outside of NYC when you think of NY Buffalo figures quite prominently.

Through Syracuse and Rochester though. 

And Binghamton and Albany are closer. 

Only people outside of NYS think of buffalo because of sports.  Not saying that's why it was targeted, just feels like there was another reason to target buffalo. 

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Would we have less tornadoes if they weren’t covered by the news?

Remember that not too long ago we heard “We’d have less positive COVID tests if we stopped testing so much.”.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Through Syracuse and Rochester though. 

And Binghamton and Albany are closer. 

Only people outside of NYS think of buffalo because of sports.  Not saying that's why it was targeted, just feels like there was another reason to target buffalo. 

Because he's a known white supremacist

And buffalo is the Queen City of New York with a big black population 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

Mental illness can take many forms. 

I have little doubt that this was a hate crime 

I also think it’s unlikely that this kid is “normal”. 

my best guess is he was “a bit off” for a long time. Then accessed neo fascist web pages and thought that he could be a hero for his right wing internet buddies. 

I agree. I’m only speaking to the potential for a lawyer to argue that in court.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.