TM Ticket Exchange versus Stub Hub alert

Just Jack

On 5/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, Just Jack said:

I'm not sure that will work.  My tickets appeared again on SH this morning.  So I went and listed them myself on SH, thinking it would reject them, since there's already a listing.  Nope.  There are now two listings for my seats on SH.  I haven't tried the reverse yet.  Remove from TM/TE, wait and see if the SH listing gets removed, then list on SH first, TM/TE second, then see if a second listing appears on SH.  

Interesting, either way SH and/or TM are taking fees on all ends. 

If your tix sell on TM, TM takes a chunk out of your sale prices and add fees onto the buyers price. SH listing goes away if the buyer doesn't  place them for resale.

If your tix sell on SH, SH does the same... They take a chunk out of your sale price and add fees onto the purchase price.

Here's an interesting situation if in fact it is SH doing the shadow listing... What if the shadow listing on SH sells first, they probably automate a purchase of your listing on TM or SH. I wonder what would happen if you place your tix only on TM and they sell first via SH's shadow listing, and you were able to pull the TM listing before they bought your tix. Could you then list your tix on SH at 4 times the price, 10 times the price? And would SH have to buy to fulfill their sale? 

Edited by Motorin'

38 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Interesting, either way SH and/or TM are taking fees on all ends. 

If your tix sell on TM, TM takes a chunk out of your sale prices and add fees onto the buyers price. SH listing goes away if the buyer doesn't  place them for resale.

If your tix sell on SH, SH does the same... They take a chunk out of your sale price and add fees onto the purchase price.

Here's an interesting situation if in fact it is SH doing the shadow listing... What if the shadow listing on SH sells first, they probably automate a purchase of your listing on TM or SH. I wonder what would happen if you place your tix only on TM and they sell first via SH's shadow listing, and you were able to pull the TM listing before they bought your tix. Could you then list your tix on SH at 4 times the price, 10 times the price? And would SH have to buy to fulfill their sale? 

SH likely has a bot that purchases the TM tickets before completing the sale. If the purchase can’t be made, you get a “someone else got your tickets” message. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Now there's a third listing for my seats on SH.  This is getting to be too funny.  

I’m an idiot.  So, are you saying that people (2nd party) are seeing your tix available on one site, then listing them for $200 more on another site.  Then, if someone buys them (3rd party), that person (2nd party) will just buy yours for a flipped profit?

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m an idiot.  So, are you saying that people (2nd party) are seeing your tix available on one site, then listing them for $200 more on another site.  Then, if someone buys them (3rd party), that person (2nd party) will just buy yours for a flipped profit?

Yes. But it's automated.  See my additional comment below. 

47 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

SH likely has a bot that purchases the TM tickets before completing the sale. If the purchase can’t be made, you get a “someone else got your tickets” message. 

Tried a little experiment today.  Took one of my current TE listings and bumped up the price a lot.  Once it showed at the higher price on TE, checked SH and that price had also jumped up a lot.  Now, second part of my experiment.  Put my price back to where I had it on TE.  Once the SH price dropped back down, went and added those seats to be purchased, and clicked on Checkout, but did not finish the sale.  Went back to TE, and put the price of my seats back way up.  Waited till TE showed the higher price, then went back to SH to complete the sale, but it had already recalculated for the higher price, and asked if I wanted to complete the sale at the new price.  

And for those wondering, my two club seats I have on TE for $400. SH is asking $516, plus an additional $165 in fees.  So if you are looking for secondary market tickets, check TM/TE first.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Tried a little experiment today.  Took one of my current TE listings and bumped up the price a lot.  Once it showed at the higher price on TE, checked SH and that price had also jumped up a lot.  Now, second part of my experiment.  Put my price back to where I had it on TE.  Once the SH price dropped back down, went and added those seats to be purchased, and clicked on Checkout, but did not finish the sale.  Went back to TE, and put the price of my seats back way up.  Waited till TE showed the higher price, then went back to SH to complete the sale, but it had already recalculated for the higher price, and asked if I wanted to complete the sale at the new price.  

And for those wondering, my two club seats I have on TE for $400. SH is asking $516, plus an additional $165 in fees.  So if you are looking for secondary market tickets, check TM/TE first.  

That’s just crazy.  I honestly wonder if the NFL is involved at all.  The Bills started selling single game tix to season ticket holders at market value, not face value.  

Seems like a joint effort to establish a higher ticket value

What happened when you contacted SH?  I feel like this should be a bigger deal 

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I don't think TickPick takes fees from the seller. So you can list your tix at a lower price than on TE and still get more from the sale.

And TickPick lists the "all-in" price for the buyer. Just tested a few options, after adding the TE/TM buyer fees the total price was higher on TE/TM than on TickPick even though the sale price was less (prior to added fees).

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What happened when you contacted SH?  I feel like this should be a bigger deal 

They just reply that "someone" accidently posted the wrong tickets for sale.  

I'm thinking my next experiment could be trying to buy my seats on SH, but before completing the checkout, remove them from TM/TE. 

Edited by Just Jack

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I'm thinking my next experiment could be trying to buy my seats on SH, but before completing the checkout, remove them from TM/TE. 

go for it.  Expose those *****

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I'm guessing they'd replace them with similar tix of equal value, but you'll be out the extra fees both when you by and then try to resell the new tix.

Tonight's experiment removed my seats from TM/TE.  Still showed on SH for about 5-10 minutes, before the listing was removed. (I did not try to purchase them on SH during while they were still showing.) Then put up a listing on SH at a huge price.  Re-listed at my normal price on TM/TE.  It's been over 20 minutes and a duplicate listing has not appeared on SH.  

EDIT: removed my SH listing, it's been over 8 hours now, and my seats have not re-appeared on SH.  I wonder if the bot is also programmed to ignore listings that keep changing (on/off listed, price changes) in a certain amount of time.  

Edited by Just Jack

What a mess.  Sounds like a bot.  Looks like barcodes are required by sept 17 so this scam will wrap up by then.  It’s quite clever actually if it’s running across a high number of events.  If it’s all automated, even a low sales rate can collect some descent profit by doing nothing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.