TM Ticket Exchange versus Stub Hub alert

Just Jack

19 minutes ago, DJB said:

Anyone know the best site to buy tickets to the Jets away game Nov 6th? 

New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills Tickets Nov 06, 2022 East Rutherford, NJ | Ticketmaster

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I have good luck with TickPick.  And the prices listed are the prices you pay, which I like.

Even those look like they are being resold from TM/TE.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Guess I’m in the minority but why should you care? Isn’t it better if you have your tix on multiple sites??? As long as you end up with what you’re supposed to why does it matter? This type of reselling is done all the time in business. 

what if they bought it from you on TM first then sold for more on Stub Hub? Is it a problem then??? There are much more serious things to be concerned with in todays world.

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yeah I think I've already given up on getting to a game this year.  That or just tell anyone getting me something for my birthday (December) to pitch in for tickets instead.

Go to a game after the bye. In fact if you wait till late November and December tickets will be practically given away. Last year my buddy had to eat his Jets tickets. Couldn't find a buyer at any price.

The is why I can't believe they won't build a dome.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Guess I’m in the minority but why should you care? Isn’t it better if you have your tix on multiple sites??? As long as you end up with what you’re supposed to why does it matter? This type of reselling is done all the time in business. 

what if they bought it from you on TM first then sold for more on Stub Hub? Is it a problem then??? There are much more serious things to be concerned with in todays world.

I get that point. If I was happy with getting $300 for my tix, and I get $300 for my tix, why be upset? You got what you asked for. 

I ALSO get the lack of transparency could be irritating. If you had a real estate broker who listed your house for $300k, and sold it for $400k while keeping the extra $100k you’d be pissed. There is a lack of rigid  regulation and transparency that would bug me. I only buy tickets a few times a year, and those SH fees tick me off probably more than they should. I just know someone on the other end is getting screwed along with me. I wish there was a better way that was easy. I guess you pay for convenience. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

What happens if you list your tickets on SH yourself, for half of the extra premium they are adding to your TM price?  Will the website explode? 🤯

We can hope, right? And we will have made the world a better place!  WIN/WIN!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever buy tickets this far before the season. I can't recall a single time, literally not one, where you couldn't get a cheaper price the week of the game (often on Thursday or Friday, or in the hours leading up to kickoff). The only exception is if you're in a larger group of 5+ and desire a good location (ie lowers between the 30s). This far out, everyone is just shooting for the moon trying to get someone to overspend. StubHub's algo gets tricked and as a result you start seeing "great value" in upper level corner, row 32, for $185 per seat after fees. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, beebe said:

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever buy tickets this far before the season. I can't recall a single time, literally not one, where you couldn't get a cheaper price the week of the game (often on Thursday or Friday, or in the hours leading up to kickoff). The only exception is if you're in a larger group of 5+ and desire a good location (ie lowers between the 30s). This far out, everyone is just shooting for the moon trying to get someone to overspend. StubHub's algo gets tricked and as a result you start seeing "great value" in upper level corner, row 32, for $185 per seat after fees. 

Probably true if you live in the area but for fans that live out of state that doesn’t work. Trying to purchase 3 tickets against the Steelers in the 100 level is super expensive. Was really wanting to go that weekend as my daughter has an extended weekend. Being in ATL may have to see them play on the road against Miami.

Seems weird.  I often list on both Ticketmaster and stubhub when I can’t attend.  And the listings are linked through a Ticketmaster / stubhub partnership where if they sell on one platform the other listing gets removed as well.

And when I list on stubhub I need to provide a barcode.  I wonder why they are allowing listings without bar codes.  It’s sure creating issues.  It looks like they aren’t requiring the barcodes for listings until Sept 17.

I guess the workaround is just list on stubhub first, and then Ticketmaster.  Then whoever is doing this won’t have the chance to create a shadow listing of your tickets.  If they are getting any sales, they must be making a fortune.

Edited by vanhalen26

20 hours ago, billsherd said:

What is the best way to buy tickets for Miami game? 

Tickets for games in Miami are pretty easy to come by. I've been there a couple times, always had a bunch of options. Once, got them for less than face value. Just look in all the usual places.

14 hours ago, DJB said:

Wait. Last year the tickets for that game were down to $20 the day of the game.

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I think I preferred dealing with the shady dudes standing on the 219 off ramp instead of these shady-ass websites. 

I miss the days where you could bargain with these guys. They have taken all the fun out of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Probably true if you live in the area but for fans that live out of state that doesn’t work. Trying to purchase 3 tickets against the Steelers in the 100 level is super expensive. Was really wanting to go that weekend as my daughter has an extended weekend. Being in ATL may have to see them play on the road against Miami.

Book flights, hotels, or whatever you need to attend the game. But, wait to actually purchase the tickets. I do it all the time. I’ve already committed to going to the game, but don’t actually buy tickets until week of the game or day of the game.

57 minutes ago, blueblooded said:

Book flights, hotels, or whatever you need to attend the game. But, wait to actually purchase the tickets. I do it all the time. I’ve already committed to going to the game, but don’t actually buy tickets until week of the game or day of the game.

The one caveat, if you need more than 4 seats in a row due to party size you might want to look early. But it appeared that party size up to 4 is very easy to get in last 24 hours for good price.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blueblooded said:

Exactly usually the only time I buy early

is for bigger groups. 

Thanksgiving game in Dallas I bought tickets from the parking lot 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DJB said:

Ticketmaster or StubHub and make sure the tickets are available to be delivered promptly

Save all login info to a notepad on your phone and make sure you can login and still see the "rolling barcode" before you leave your house on gameday

Any other process you are begging for a problem

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I guess the workaround is just list on stubhub first, and then Ticketmaster.  Then whoever is doing this won’t have the chance to create a shadow listing of your tickets.  If they are getting any sales, they must be making a fortune.

I'm not sure that will work.  My tickets appeared again on SH this morning.  So I went and listed them myself on SH, thinking it would reject them, since there's already a listing.  Nope.  There are now two listings for my seats on SH.  I haven't tried the reverse yet.  Remove from TM/TE, wait and see if the SH listing gets removed, then list on SH first, TM/TE second, then see if a second listing appears on SH.  

On 5/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, Just Jack said:

I'm not sure that will work.  My tickets appeared again on SH this morning.  So I went and listed them myself on SH, thinking it would reject them, since there's already a listing.  Nope.  There are now two listings for my seats on SH.  I haven't tried the reverse yet.  Remove from TM/TE, wait and see if the SH listing gets removed, then list on SH first, TM/TE second, then see if a second listing appears on SH.  

Now there's a third listing for my seats on SH.  This is getting to be too funny.  

On 5/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, billsherd said:

What is the best way to buy tickets for Miami game? 

This might sound crazy, but if you’re like 2 people the best way is to wait till the last minute. 

There will be tickets and you will get them severely reduced, whatever site you use.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.